• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. lol, I wasn't expecting such fast replies.

Good to know the fans are here with me waiting, it's gonna be a good few months. Before we know it we'll be swapping friend codes and everyone will be losing to me.

scottnak

underfooter said:
Oh. lol, I wasn't expecting such fast replies.

Good to know the fans are here with me waiting, it's gonna be a good few months. Before we know it we'll be swapping friend codes and everyone will be losing to me.
Unfortunately... once you are grasped by it... you can't escape from it... We're stuck!!

NotWii

Banned
underfooter said:
Hahaha, who do you play as?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
All I know is that if some character as pointless as Snake is in the game, we'd better get Pac-Man and Sonic.

Mario, Pac-Man, and Sonic... finally.

(Side note: Mario's appeared with Pac-Man and Mario will appear with Sonic. There is only one last link to connect them...)

dfyb

Banned
DavidDayton said:
All I know is that if some character as pointless as Snake is in the game, we'd better get Pac-Man and Sonic.

Mario, Pac-Man, and Sonic... finally.

(Side note: Mario's appeared with Pac-Man and Mario will appear with Sonic. They is only one last link to connect them...)
pac-man and mario are featured in the arcade version of mario kart...

ms pac-man and blob are there too

justchris

Wii said:
Doesn't anyone play as Link properly besides me?
Pretty much every move of Link's is equally useful. His moveset is perfect IMO.

I'm deadly accurate with the bow at any range, and the boomerang has saved me numerous times.

The bow is accurate, but it's only use if for interrupting characters trying to recover. It's too slow to be used in melee combat, and too weak to use to pick people off from outside battle. You're better off tossing bombs in.

Bombs are not at all useless, and I don't understand what people are talking about changing that move for. I'm all for making bombs his standard B attack, and making his down + B the spinner. Not sure how useful it would be, that really depends on what it does. Might make a decent secondary recovery move.

I'd like it if they introduced some of the game modes. That was one area Melee really improved upon the original, and I bet Brawl will improve even further.

stage03_070612d-l.jpg

Wario's ****ing screwed.

I was kinda hoping Yoshi would get a decent sized island this time around. It seems like poor Yoshi always gets the shaft when it comes to levels. Personally, I was never a big fan of the tiny island maps.

The pastel stage of Yoshi’s Island...
Mmm... It feels nice and peaceful here.

stage03_070612a-l.jpg

The central platform tilts to and fro.

Shy Guys often make guest appearances, and the Support Ghost can appear suddenly, aiding players on occasion.

stage03_070612b-l.jpg

The whimsical Support Ghost

The highlight of this stage is its seasonal changes, as it goes from spring to summer to fall and then winter.

stage03_070612c-l.jpg

Fall comes...

stage03_070612d-l.jpg

And even in winter, the brawl battles on.

It certainly has its own distinct air.
Change is sometimes good.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage03.html

JDSN

Banned
I thought it was gonna be a crap stage, since I associate everything related to Yoshi as shit, but its actually pretty good, the whole "changing scenario" thing will apparently be a prominent aspect of the game.

VegaShinra said:
I predicted it right though. :D

Nice edit :lol

You are not human.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Do you think all the scratchy "border lines" will be animated?

Nice looking stage, although I do hope that we won't end up like Melee and have multiple stages all with the same layout. This layout looks rather simplistic...

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
:D

I love the look. Yoshis Island stage will probably be one of the best looking in the game.

I like the winter picture:

stage03_070612d-l.jpg

Also I like this one for a different reason:

stage03_070612b.jpg

What do we see? 2D flat color Shyguys which strongly contrast their 3D counterparts from Melee. WW Link won't fit ey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom