• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
M3wThr33 said:
Every character needs a clone!
Ice Climbers clone = Dr. Mario virii

Lolo and Lala I think would make a more obvious Ice Climbers clone...

Moves: Hammer, Shoot Eggs, reversal arrow (acts as a reflecting item)

Haunted

ShockingAlberto said:
Mona + Vespa ftmfw
You think there will be another WarioWare character? hmm. Man, I want to know the total number of characters so we can make some clearer estimations.

Haunted One said:
You think there will be another WarioWare character? hmm. Man, I want to know the total number of characters so we can make some clearer estimations.
There's a good chance. WW is a good selling title and Wario has his own symbol, indicating a franchise. Granted, that doesn't mean much, Falcon's been alone for the past few games, but Mona would be pretty awesome.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What would they call wind waker link?

Can they fit that much text onto the name bar?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hahaha. Wario looks awesome. The writeup for the banana peel is great.

Where have the OP updates disappeared to?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nicktals said:
How to play: Shields.

Shielding is very important.

Press the shield button to use your shield!

Look at how the attack bounces off.

But beware, the shield fades very fast.

Oh no, your shield broke!

Now you are stunned.

Halycon said:
Shielding is very important.

Press the shield button to use your shield!

Look at how the attack bounces off.

But beware, the shield fades very fast.

Oh no, your shield broke!

Now you are stunned.

:lol

My guess is also a stage, though i expect it to be that outside castle one - we've been seeing it quite a lot recently.

I was just searching through the site, and something's bothering me.

All the composers they've gotten from other games series' other than Nintendo have overseen the music tracks released so far. That means that the list of musicians is not as much of an indication of what characters/stages will be coming from different game series' as some people previously thought.

edit:

Outset Island stage revealed

Oh I shall kill you.

Associating composers and secret non-Nintendo characters seems tenuous at best anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if this list of composers first started out as some informal gathering of mutual friends that panned out, rather than a formal business proposition.

I'm guessing Pit's super smash for Monday.

Edit: oops.

BrandNew said:
I was just searching through the site, and something's bothering me.

All the composers they've gotten from other games series' other than Nintendo have overseen the music tracks released so far. That means that the list of musicians is not as much of an indication of what characters/stages will be coming from different game series' as some people previously thought.

edit:

Oh I shall kill you.

It's laughable that people thought it was relevant to begin with. There are so many composers and will be so few third party characters, after all. :-/

Zeed

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
Wario's moveset is the SHIT.
Fixed.

I'm picturing a fully charged Wario Waft as the ultimate spike move. Imagine someone trying to recover, and you blast that in their face. Ouch.

Jiggy

I don't care if Outset Island is in so much as I care if its music is in. With any luck, they'll either 1) do a WW medley and also work in the Dragon Roost Isle and overworld sailing music, or 2) still put in the Dragon Roost and overworld music, but as full alternate themes.

Terrell said:
Awkward moves for an awkward character? Seems apropos to me.

*looks at other characters*

*sees some semblance of the character's video game history in their moves*

*sees no fart in Wario's history*

How hard is it to make a moveset consisting of ANYTHING Wario's done? Shoulder charge? Jet Wario? Drunk Wario? Puffy-Faced Wario? Dragon Wario? Fire Wario? Bull Wario? Fat Wario? Frozen Wario? Bubble Wario? Zombie Wario? Vampire Wario? Flat Wario? Yarn Wario? Snowball Wario? Genius Wario? Dragon Cap Wario? Cosmic Wario? Arty Wario? Wicked Wario? Sparky Wario? Captain Wario? Bouncy Wario? Electric Wario? Invisible Wario? Tiny Wario? Thief Wario? Butt stomp? Item/enemy throw?

There is no reason for them to have excluded anything resembling a Wario technique/move/ability, considering how many the developers had to choose from.

I WAS going to have Wario be my top character, but not when he's basically the appearance of Wario and absolutely nothing other than that.

Zeed

Banned
Nicktals said:
Just out of curiousity, what's the longest game related thread on GAF? (in terms of posts)
Whatever it is, we're gonna shatter that record baby!

EDIT: Holy crap the Halo Beta thread is ridiculous long. But it doesn't have legs - SSBB won't come out for at least several more months. This thread has staying power.

Terrell

Funny, I don't remember Peach's hips being able to deliver fiery explosions at any point in time when Melee was released.... after Super Princess Peach, it makes sense, but it sure didn't at the time. And how about, oh I dunno, Fox having the capacity to become a moving ball of fire, Luigi having a sort of horizontal dive-bomber technique, CAPTAIN F***ING FALCON?!
Seriously, this is not a campaign that you'll find any sympathy for, methinks.

How hard is it to make a moveset consisting of ANYTHING Wario's done? Shoulder charge? Jet Wario? Drunk Wario? Puffy-Faced Wario? Dragon Wario? Fire Wario? Bull Wario? Fat Wario? Frozen Wario? Bubble Wario? Zombie Wario? Vampire Wario? Flat Wario? Yarn Wario? Snowball Wario? Genius Wario? Dragon Cap Wario? Cosmic Wario? Arty Wario? Wicked Wario? Sparky Wario? Captain Wario? Bouncy Wario? Electric Wario? Invisible Wario? Tiny Wario? Thief Wario? Butt stomp? Item/enemy throw?

There is no reason for them to have excluded anything resembling a Wario technique/move/ability, considering how many the developers had to choose from.

I WAS going to have Wario be my top character, but not when he's basically the appearance of Wario and absolutely nothing other than that.
Yeah, but bringing new moves to the table is part of the Smash Bros. way. Look at:
Mario's down +B
Luigi's down + B, and forward + B
any of Capt. Falcon or Ganondorfs moves
Zelda's up, forward, and neutral B were all originally Link's
Bowser's up + B
Peach's forward + B
Yoshi's forward + B

Then you haven't played Wario's most recently released game. Argument over.

Keru_Shiri said:
Yeah, but bringing new moves to the table is part of the Smash Bros. way. Look at:
Mario's down +B
Luigi's down + B, and forward + B
any of Capt. Falcon or Ganondorfs moves
Zelda's up, forward, and neutral B were all originally Link's
Bowser's up + B
Peach's forward + B
Yoshi's forward + B

Mario had the Cape Feather, Coin Jump, and Fire Ball.

Luigi had the Fire Ball and Coin Jump.

Captain Falcon had no preexisting moveset, Ganondorf is a clone.

Zelda's moves are actually based on existing moves, not her's own, but they actually exist.

Bowser has fire breathing and butt stomp.

Peach has turnips and umbrella.

Yoshi has egg throw, tongue, and hip drop.

Wario is lacking in "Wario abilities" - Hell, he's lacking in abilities related to the Wario series.

References.

If you say people wouldn't go ape shit if HAL changed Mario's B move to "Pasta Throw", you obviously have a screw loose.
You said there was no fart in Wario's history. I showed you proof there was.

Talladega Knight said:
You said there was no fart in Wario's history. I showed you proof there was.

Okay, you showed that farts were an inconsequential part of one of his games.

So they take an extremely minor signature of Wario over any one single move he has EVER used in the series' history.

These moves should be used when there's no better alternative. There is.

The motorcycle could have been used as Excitebiker's signature.

Shit, going in pipes and kicking koopa shells are part of Mario's signature, but they don't use them instead of more significant moves such as the fire flower and cape feather.

Shit, going in pipes and kicking koopa shells are part of Mario's signature, but they don't use them instead of more significant moves such as the fire flower and cape feather.
And how many games has Mario used his cape in?

Mario had the Cape Feather, Coin Jump, and Fire Ball.

Luigi had the Fire Ball and Coin Jump.

Captain Falcon had no preexisting moveset, Ganondorf is a clone.

Zelda's moves are actually based on existing moves, not her's own, but they actually exist.

Bowser has fire breathing and butt stomp.

Peach has turnips and umbrella.

Yoshi has egg throw, tongue, and hip drop.

Wario is lacking in "Wario abilities" - Hell, he's lacking in abilities related to the Wario series.
This likely going to be the WarioWare Wario, and will most likely sport abilities inspired by those games, as opposed to some of his platformer abilities.

But isn't this argument a tad premature? We still have yet to see all of his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom