• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone PS3 rumors & facts meltdown (what we've heard so far)

Wollan

Most likely though there won't be any info before 20:30 Wednesday Scandinavian (European) time which would be Sony's press conference.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
KTallguy said:
Question #4. On a scale to 1-10 (10 being the highest), how confident are you that Killzone will be the game of the show?

Sorry, game of the show will be MGS4. But I'll say 8 in terms of how it will rank overall (MGS is a 10).

This article i read in the PSBlog rang really true for me:

Seth Luisi said:
8. Most over used phrase or expression during E3 season.
“Game of the show.” The press are so busy each trying to be the first to declare the game of the show that they ignore most of the games shown at E3 including some really good ones. Also, half the time they declare a game which is shown as video only as “Game of the Show.” A note to the press, a game by definition is interactive and so a video is not a game and cannot be game of the show.
Link here.

Now i want MGS4 to be playable @ E3, but if it isn't, it can't really be game of the show. Not trying to dog on you or anything. Hopefully Killzone will be playable. :D

Firewire

Banned
TONX said:

Link here.

Now i want MGS4 to be playable @ E3, but if it isn't, it can't really be game of the show. Not trying to dog on you or anything. Hopefully Killzone will be playable. :D

It won't be, expect a new video.

TONX said:

Link here.

What a bunch of grade A, DD horse-shit.

Declaring a "game of the show" isn't just about which games are playable, it's about the overall impact a particular game has on the people attending the show. A trailer alone can, has and will blow people away continually.

TONX

MickeyKnox said:
What a bunch of grade A, DD horse-shit.

Declaring a "game of the show" isn't just about which games are playable, it's about the overall impact a particular game has on the people attending the show. A trailer alone can, has and will blow people away continually.

Lets not derail the killzone avatar thread please. i just stated my opinion. you have yours. :D

Wollan

To join the Killzone IRC chat make sure to download a IRC program first:
mIRC is probably the most popular one.

When you have logged in with a username and you have the main window in front of you, type:

/server irc.irchighway.net

and then

/join #killzone

-----------------------

If you don't want to download a full program then here's a alternative way thanks to dfyb.

SpudBud

Wollan said:
To join the Killzone IRC chat make sure to download a IRC program first:
mIRC is probably the most popular one.

When you have logged in with a username and you have the main window in front of you, type:

/server irc.irchighway.net

and then

/join #killzone
Thank you!

theBishop

Banned
Wollan said:
Okay guys, exactly 48 hours until Killzone reveal. The Sony Press Conference starts 11:30am on Wednesday.

is it confirmed that we won't see anything out of the super-exclusive Killzone event tomorrow night?

Mesijs

Wollan said:
Okay guys, exactly 48 hours until Killzone reveal. The Sony Press Conference starts 11:30am on Wednesday.

Hey Wollan, don't get too high expectations. Yes, maybe it will be great or maybe it will be just above average... I think it'll be the former but it sounds like everybody is so extremely overhyped... that it only can be a disappointment.

Wollan

I have quite reasonable expectations I believe.

theBishop said:
is it confirmed that we won't see anything out of the super-exclusive Killzone event tomorrow night?

Nothing one way or the other but I would think Sony want those press folks to write deep thoughts.

Forsete

Wollan said:
Most likely though there won't be any info before 20:30 Wednesday Scandinavian (European) time which would be Sony's press conference.

Which sucks, since I usually go to bed at 21:30.. :<

exarkun

Question #1. On a scale to 1-10 (10 being the highest) will the graphics match and exceed the E3 05 trailer (10) or fall way short and be disappointing (1)?

Question #2. Besides graphics, on a scale to 1-10 (10 being the highest), how impressive will the gameplay of Killzone be?

Question #3. Do you think Killzone will be released in 2007?

Question #4. On a scale to 1-10 (10 being the highest), how confident are you that Killzone will be the game of the show?

Q1: I want to think that it will be better than Gears but ill reserve, hmmm ok fine ill go in for the lot. CG quality woot! 9
Q2: Id say about an 7, cause they will have to really throw something at me to think a FPS has great gameplay.
Q3: January 2008
Q4: ummm about a 7.

theBishop

Banned
Little tidbit from Gamedaily. It may be pure speculation on their part, or it may be based on something they've heard:

the new Killzone will consume the press conference, or at least that's what Sony wants to happen. Its PlayStation 3 needs a killer app, and it will try to force Killzone down our throats, though expect it to go down smooth. It won't look like the infamous footage shown at the company's 2005 press con, but it'll still make everyone's jaw drop.

http://www.gamedaily.com/blog/2007/07/08/e3-pre-event-coverage-sony-vs-microsoft-vs-nintendo/

Bulla564

Banned
A bit late, but had to join the party. Done with my rookie skills in paint.

kjkjk.jpg

Ranger X

Question #1. On a scale to 1-10 (10 being the highest) will the graphics match and exceed the E3 05 trailer (10) or fall way short and be disappointing (1)?

Question #2. Besides graphics, on a scale to 1-10 (10 being the highest), how impressive will the gameplay of Killzone be?

1- Hard to put a number but the graphic quality won't really beat Uncharted or Gears. I'm sure people expectations for graphics with Killzone2 are totally unrealistic. (tks in part for the CG trailer last year)

2- Looking at Killzone, Guerrilla is talented and probably won't push a generic shooter there. This means i'm interested because i'm extremely picky and bored with shooters anyways.

3- Slight chances. But probably not. They better take all the time they need anyways -- it is ALWAYS the best solution.

4- Game of the show for most people or for me? For me it's 100% garanteed to not be the game of the show. I'm definetely interested in Killzone2 but i have more hype for MGS4, GT5, GTA4, Uncharted, Rachet and Folklore.

Wollan

The Chef said:
Are you gonna be watching it live on any particular site wollan?[/URL]

I'm going to use the official Sony stream now as they have announced it though I would otherwise have used the Gamespot one.

- 7 - Sony has fed a lot of money into this project so I don't think it is going to look like a dog. However, there are elements of the trailer that cannot be replicated easily. If they pull it off, fantastic, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

- 7 - Smart AI plus destructibility amounts to possibly fun gameplay. Multiplayer should be pretty decent as well.

-5 - I'm expecting this in 2008. It has been in production for a while, though.

- 3 - It will be talked about, but I think MGS4, Alan Wake, Spore (ahem), or Mass Effect has a better chance of walking away with it.

TONX

I'm really hoping they put up the Guerrilla edition of Inside the developers studio on the PSBlog today.

The Chef said:
Starship Troopers isn't it?

One of the saddest gaming related moments for me was when I heard that Insomniac had originally planned something along the lines of Starship Troopers for Resistance, but instead went with the current angle.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Bojanglez said:
Either he has an early shift, or he is 8 years old. Either way I think it is worth staying up for.

Yeah 9:30 pm is waaaay to early to go to sleep around E3 time.

VonGak!

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
One of the saddest gaming related moments for me was when I heard that Insomniac had originally planned something along the lines of Starship Troopers for Resistance, but instead went with the current angle.
Nooooooooo. :( Why did you have to share? Now Resistance went from great to poo.

Busty

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:

Yeah... A Starship Troopers style space-opera featuring time travel.....

Personally I think we all dodged a bullet there. Besides, on the flipside, no reason they can't go back and do their Sci-Fi opus some day.

Wollan

Bug hunting games (besides anything Aliens) are usually a pretty boring affair unless you manage to create some variety fighting some 'smart' opponents from time to tme.

Top Bottom