• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Resistance 3 2011 (PS3 160gb)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
814yGxdrtkL.jpg

Resistance 3’s point during the PS3 area was interrupting Halo sales.

heath ledger joker GIF

We have seen an alien shooter before, now the reason this game was made was because of resistance 2’s cliffhanger.

There’s shooters out there with more character than this game, better and bigger.

You are going to have a bunch of weapons, one that freezes enemies, many more you can dive into but nothing to obsessive over.

You can say shooters were important to Sony during the ps3 era (socom, killzone etc.)

The chimera and their logic you can throw in the trash, the worm holes, you’re talking about hybrid versions, I love how they’re designed but the fall short to species like the helghast, the Covenant or gears of war’s locust horde.

maxresdefault.jpg

The only character that seems to matter in this game is Joeseph Capelli. The scientist who had a cure dies, the other guys you don’t hear from.

Capelli_Concept.jpg

This would not be a game id play again, regardless of what’s said above I like the graphics, art style, the big open spaces to fight enemies, I think you should count the guns as positives. The combination of multiplayer and campaign isn’t here in 2024 due to server shutdown.

What did GAF think of resistance 3?

Cornbread78

SP was really, really well done, but RFoM & R2 really thrived in the MP space. R3's MP failed because they wanted to compete with CoD and really streamlined the MP into a bad CoD clone with a SciFi setting.

I would love to play the trilogy again with modern tech with a new MP that mixes the weapon spawns from FRoM, the variable map size and fun maps from R2 and maybe sprinkle in a little weapon progression/leveling system to bring the MP up to modern standards.

I love the resistance series. My current gaming platforms are Steam Deck, Switch and PS4. I will buy a PS5 if Sony remaster the resistance and R&C future series.

I wanted to play R3 before retiring my PS3 for good, a few years ago. I was shocked to find that just like some other gems in the PS catalog, this game was simply not available for purchase on PSN (Indian region store). If Sony ever develops a PS3 hardware BC solution, they should figure some way to atleast bring the first party unlisted games on to PSN.

Synless

The one thing I remember about the third game was the absolutely atrocious voice acting of the mains kid yelling “daddy”.

Outlier

I only played 2 and really liked it, including the multiplayer. Never even seen 3 in action, but it seemed more interesting, expansive, and more story driven.
I heard people just didn't care about it and it fell into obscurity, but it always seemed like it was an awesome game.

Soodanim

Gold Member
As much as I enjoyed 1 and.was a HUGE fan of 2's co-op mode, I didn't get 3. I played the demo, decided it was the brownest thing I'd ever seen, wasn't feeling it, and moved on. That's honestly as far as it goes for me.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Great series, I realy feel Sony could do with there own FPS series. If theres nothing new in that space then I would love Resistance and Killzone to get a remaster trilogy then a reboot.

Top Bottom