• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty 4 E3 showing Discussion

1-D_FTW

COD 4 is definitely the most impressive thing shown at E3 so far. Only game that comes close to Crysis. Very impressive.

Ristamar said:
The chase was great, but the combat (gameplay and animation) looked like shit.

The chase scene looked like some tedious garbage I've played a hundred times before. Completely formulaic and I hate those canned chases (even if it is dynamic, it's still canned.)

1245_0004.jpg

1245_0003.jpg

1245_0002.jpg

1245_0005.jpg

Borys

Banned
The movie with those two snipers moving through an Ukrainian village... that was... it?

Uh... at which moment should I be wowing?

Didn't you guys play S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

FightyF

Banned
5y1db91.jpg

Borys said:
The movie with those two snipers moving through an Ukrainian village... that was... it?

Maybe we were easily impressed because most of us don't have rigs that can run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at 60 fps.

1-D_FTW

Borys said:

How much footage did you see?

I thought the G4 footage gave it "Console Game of the Show" status.

god stop this farce, stalker is not even anywhere near this, no matter what rig you have.

apparently most "never touched a gaming pc before"-us-mates believe such fables. holy..

I have to say, I was genuinely impressed by this game. I just got a new PC, so I am waiting for that game or two that makes me put my money on the table. I will judge with reviews and my own preferences, but you caught my eye Call of Duty 4.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I was very impressed by the game. The gameplay footage of the guy having to sneak around kikced ass.

Jel0man

That trailer was great. This will be one of my most wanted titles this year. Aside from Halo 3, GTA 4, Brothers in Arms 3 and a lot more:p. I really liked Call of Duty 2, and this one promises to be even better.

Ristamar

1-D_FTW said:
The chase scene looked like some tedious garbage I've played a hundred times before. Completely formulaic and I hate those canned chases (even if it is dynamic, it's still canned.)

It has potential. Looked more fun than the combat anyway :/

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Safe Bet said:
I hope COD4 feels more "open" than COD2.

Some of the scripted events in COD2 were rather frustrating...

Infinity Ward have said that the maps are all pretty big and from that video you can see thats its very large and open.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
Woah! That seriously is the best looking console game I've ever seen, maybe best looking game period and 60fps to boot. What the hell are these guys doing that the other console guys aren't? If I'm Sony or MS, this is the exclusive that I would be chasing. The game is seriously photoreal in some spots.

JdFoX187

Banned
ralexand said:
Woah! That seriously is the best looking console game I've ever seen, maybe best looking game period and 60fps to boot. What the hell are these guys doing that the other console guys aren't? If I'm Sony or MS, this is the exclusive that I would be chasing. The game is seriously photoreal in some spots.
Whoah there bud...calm down. It's not anywhere near photorealistic. But I was very impressed with it. The only thing I didn't understand is why show such a slow part of a game that has always been regarded as one of the most chaotic shooters, ever?

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
This game is bound to be incredible.

I hope my rig can handle it on lower settings...the graphics look stunning but it's the CoD multiplayer that looks really exciting.

Looks like they are really bringing it back to its roots and adding all kinds of extra features that the mod community tried to add to CoD. Hope they kept the lean function. This could be THE online FPS experience.

This really looking like the GOTY for me, it's a kinds of amazing. The lighting is really great makes things look almost real.:D

looks pretty good from the vid especially the lighting....it also looked a bit rough though. Personally, was impressed, but not particularly interested...absolutely nowhere near game of the show though. Other games looked as good and better to me, but still nice

peace

Visually, this is the most impressive FPS I've seen from E3 based on what's on the 'net. Not sure if I can get into it, having not been able to really finish any of the previous CoDs before I got bored and got caught up with other stuff.

I dunno I def dont find it as impressive as KZ, but its doing things differently so I suppose they are both pretty impressive. Texture detail is rough in both games I think, but this has more striking shadowing and KZ has much more detail and clutter

Yoboman

Wow really awesome. Though far from the best looking at the show, I dunno why some of you are saying that

May be the best playing though :D

Solo

Just chiming in to say that CoD4 was easily my personal GOTS. That 4 minute demo with the two snipers was incredible. Probably the best lighting/graphics Ive seen yet, and the framerate was incredible. I will be buying this day one*.

* provided Ive bought a 360 buy then :lol

Screens and single player videos certainly look impressive. Are there any multiplayer videos? I had my first CoD experience with the 3rd one. Wasn't too bad but multiplayer was a bit too frantic for me. Spawn, die, run a bit, die, respawn, repeat. I was curious if they slowed it down a bit, Battlefield MC is more my pace when playing online.

jjasper

looks awesome. Downloaded the trailer and the demo from the sizzle video last night. Man looks to easily be the most visually impressive game this year and it looks fun as hell too.

Variable

jjasper said:
looks awesome. Downloaded the trailer and the demo from the sizzle video last night. Man looks to easily be the most visually impressive game this year and it looks fun as hell too.

Wait, there is a demo for this game?!?!?

Solo

CaptainStrong said:
Screens and single player videos certainly look impressive. Are there any multiplayer videos? I had my first CoD experience with the 3rd one. Wasn't too bad but multiplayer was a bit too frantic for me. Spawn, die, run a bit, die, respawn, repeat. I was curious if they slowed it down a bit, Battlefield MC is more my pace when playing online.

Well, its all uphill for you - CoD3 is pretty bad. CoD1, CoD2, and by the looks of it, CoD4, are all superior. So if you liked that one, you should love the rest of the series.

*reinstalls CoD2 PC*

Quazar said:
Holy shit! I wish theyd get signups for beta going. I want to play ASAP.

I don't think we'll need to sign up. I'm totally expecting an open beta, as that is the best way to leverage the exclusivity of it on 360.

ManaByte

Gold Member
beermonkey@tehbias said:
I don't think we'll need to sign up. I'm totally expecting an open beta, as that is the best way to leverage the exclusivity of it on 360.

It is NOT a 360 exclusive. It's coming out on PS3 and PC also.

Solo said:
The demo was from the 360 version, right?

Yes.

jjasper

Variable said:
Wait, there is a demo for this game?!?!?

No it is a trailer of real gameplay from a PS3 demo. The video is part of a game reel. It is different than the one at MS's conference, it has urban combat.

Solo

So the whole game isnt set in the Chernobyl setting? Darn. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. visuals + CoD gameplay/cinematic flair = match made in heaven.

Quazar

Watching it on G4 right now. OMFG this really is something special. All the shit going on at 60FPS. The explosions/calling airstrikes/multiple laser sights flashing around everywhere making you feel ecapsulated in this firefight. And the bullets whizzing by dont make you feel any safer, nor do the explosions. It's all just great. A+ IW

derder said:
is this coming out for the pc?

Of course. :)

Mr Jared

Quazar said:
Watching it on G4 right now. OMFG this really is something special. All the shit going on at 60FPS. The explosions/calling airstrikes/multiple laser sights flashing around everywhere making you feel ecapsulated in this firefight. And the bullets whizzing by dont make you feel any safer, nor do the explosions. It's all just great. A+ IW

Haha.. I just watched that too. Did you see Sessler? He was practically bouncing he was so giddy to see it.

Quazar said:
Yea, I was watching as well. Incredible. COD4 FTW.

Top Bottom