• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty 4 E3 showing Discussion

DSN2K

this was easily the best thing shown! the tension, atmosphere, the great visuals coupled with the potential great gameplay from the previous games all I can say is WOW.... IW delivered big time here.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Visually brilliant, but seemed way too passive until....

the end, slinking low and undetected in the grass as the oncoming army pushes close, well that was terrific.

The arms are too rigid, it gives that annoying effect like they're just floating mid-air / attached to a camera rather than a moving body. Everything else looks great.

Agreed, IW totally stole the show. Everything looked polished and gorgeous. I really loved the animation of the NPC sniper in particular. He moved like a real point man (instead of the usual animatronic puppet you see in an FPS). Super impressed.

purg3

slept with Malkin
That was incredible. I didn't even know there was another guy with you in the beginning until he stood up. This game is going to kick so much ass.

Ramirez

I know it's gonna be a great game, but the demo they played bored me to tears. Assassin's Creed was the best they showed, that chase scene ****ing owned.

Very impressive, which is hardly surprising. Should be an incredible experience. It was a little rough around the edges, particularly in regards to vegetation, but those are minor details.

Ristamar

Ramirez said:
I know it's gonna be a great game, but the demo they played bored me to tears. Assassin's Creed was the best they showed, that chase scene ****ing owned.

The chase was great, but the combat (gameplay and animation) looked like shit.

Alcander

This was my favorite part of the conference. Sneaking through the grass, the shadows, lighting, music, everything seemed top notch. Can't wait

Rezbit

Yeah truly looked awesome. Very hyped for this. Again about the NPC, when he was looking around in the barn-thing it just looked so....real. Do want!

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Looked fantastic, not the right pacing to show at a Conference IMO but it was still one of the highlights of a crappy showing from MS this year.

Dahbomb

This is the only game I have seen that has the potential to be an actual Crysis killer... if something like that is possible.

There are so many different environments and combat scenarios, at times it seems like different games. Remember that destroyed highway, night time raid COD4 footage? It looks completely different from this showing yet both games were equally as impressive in their own right.

It's like different shooters packed into one package all mind blowing, which just makes this game even that much better.

Ristamar

unomas said:
It looked pretty good to me, but it's just a matter of opinion I guess.

It's hard to judge from merely watching a demo, but it looked like they were trying to emulate Prince of Persia's combat except it lacked any semblance of flow or style. The limited display of enemy AI was piss poor, as well (one enemy would advance, the others wait their turn), though I suppose that could change before release.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I haven't played a game in this series since the first one, but the first trailers and that E3 showing looked very impressive. The gameplay section had a very distinct atmosphere to it, you could almost cut the tension with a knife. The voice over helped to create that feeling, and not disturb it. Very well done.

VALIS said:
Yeah, very nice. Had a creepy, post-nuke wasteland kind of atmosphere which was really cool.

The demo level was in Pripyat in the Ukraine, a city that was abanonded in the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster. That's why it looked that way-it was a post-nuclear wasteland. :)

I didn't see the ferris wheel, though. :(

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I must buy the biggest and best TV available to play this game on... It would be a sin to play it on anything else.

Fragamemnon said:
The demo level was in Pripyat in the Ukraine, a city that was abanonded in the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster. That's why it looked that way-it was a post-nuclear wasteland. :)

I didn't see the ferris wheel, though. :(
I'm pretty sure the ferris wheel was shown in the E3 trailer. It reminded me of STALKER when I saw it.

Ristamar

LegendofJoe said:
You must be from the future or something b/c Assassin has some of the best animation I've ever seen.

I thought the demo had good animation, aside from the scuffle in the building. *shrug*

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
The grainy b/w Apache gunship kill-cams were unbelievably convincing. Serious photo-realism going on.

My most wanted shooter this side of Halo 3 single-player in 2007.

(don't have the rig to play Crysis. oh well.)

f@luS

More than a member.
Really good looking. Too bad , killzone 2 has been shown at the same time.
But yey , the last one if for 2008 .

COD 4= da 2K7 fps , cant wait :)

devilscallmedad said:
I think this looks better than Killzone 2.

*shrugs*
Yeah, I thought so too, it was pretty amazing, but they both look great. The hands-on play of CoD4 was the highlight of the MS conference IMO.

It was the highlight of the conference for me too. I just loved the pacing and atmosphere. The best part was towards the end when they were prone in the grass, gee that's gonna be tense.

Kabouter

Alkaliine said:
It was the highlight of the conference for me too. I just loved the pacing and atmosphere. The best part was towards the end when they were prone in the grass, gee that's gonna be tense.

Yea, same for me. I'm not too big on FPS games generally, but this may be the second FPS game I buy this year. (the first one being S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl obviously)

senahorse

I couldn't agree more. I was absolutely blown away by that COD4 demonstration, speechless even. When the Halo3 demo finally came up I was expecting a lot and frankly felt very disappointed. IMO technically COD4 destroyed it they should have had COD4 as the showpiece, which being multiplatform they obviously couldn't.

actually Assassin's Creed was the best thing shown....no wait...Mass Effect.....holy crap...too many good games coming out for the 360 :D

I was amazed at the framerate...just as smooth as COD2, which is amazing!! And, yes, the closest thing to Killzone target trailer I've seen so far, lol.

Yagharek

I dont want to join in any specific "x game Vs y game" arguement, but I will have to say that as impressed as I am with the other games being shown so far, CoD4 has stunned me the most. The camouflage effect is astounding.

Top Bottom