• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Bumper! Yeah!

I was wondering where it went in Melee. I prefer this one over the spinny bumber because it makes that awesome noise when some runs into it. And now it can be set in mid air like the one above peaches castle. Very cool.

No megaton today which is obvious. They don't need to combat the MS Conference or anything. The next update should be good though, hopefully a video.

Koomaster

Whenever an item is revealed, I just get a kick out of imagining setting up a game where only that item will be available, and the drop-rate is on very high.

Just imagine a stage filled with bumpers everywhere! :D

RagnarokX

They should make a new game mode called Smash Pinball where the character of your choice just bounces around a stage made mostly of bumpers and you control a set of flippers :D

Prax

Koomaster said:
Whenever an item is revealed, I just get a kick out of imagining setting up a game where only that item will be available, and the drop-rate is on very high.

Just imagine a stage filled with bumpers everywhere! :D

Poor Kirby, Metaknight, and Jigglypuff (not yet confirmed)...! They are the perfect shape for this pinball madness!

Rezbit

I'm kind of disappointed you know...it really would have been interesting if Sakurai made a megaton post, just to send NeoGAF even crazier tonight!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ant1532 said:
Worst update yet.

Anyways, if anyone is curious Cosmo and I will be doing the Nintendo Conference thread.

I hope i wasnt the only one hurt when that other person took your honour :(

Hero

Yes!!! Bumpers were such a fine item, especially placing them near the ledges. Flippers were pretty crappy in Melee.

Im starting to think that there is little to no chance of online anymore for Brawl. I mean, if its comming out this year and Mario Kart isnt, why would they mention Mario Kart online and not Brawl? unless they are planning on saving that for the real trailer comming later today or in the week, thats pretty much bad news.

why doesnt Nintendo just announce the release date? Heads will roll if the game gets pushed back to 2008. We are in the middle of a ****ing disgusting drought nothing worth buying on the wii until Nov 12th(maybe Metroid?) and then who knows how long i will be waiting for Smash!

come on Nintendo let the cat out of the bag

scottnak

DECEMBER 3! Mark that down people!
DECEMBER 3! When all work comes to a halt...

Anyway, people were saying they saw the Logo for SSBB in the wifi section... I don't personally remember seeing it... but that's what people be saying

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Donkey Kong and an enemy from Twilight Princess walking on the bridge in the latest footage shown at E3.

RagnarokX

The video pretty much confirmed that final smashes pause the action. At the end the video is zoomed in on Pikachu charging up and then he uses volt tackle.

I think I saw Bowser Jr but not sure... pretty blurry...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
While they didn't mention that Brawl would be online, it was in the montage of online games featured behind Reggie. Damn Nintendo, so confusing.

Kjellson

pic4275080rd2.png

Penguin

jrricky said:
NEWS BREAK: NO SONIC IN SMASH CONFIRMED?

From Sega's E3 released list:

The highlighted part tells that this is the first game we're going to see with sonic and mario together. The fact that Smash is releasing before this proves it.

Bad news for sonic and smash fans all around. :(

Just as an update.

Seems like SMash will be released after this game.
As Nintendo's website claims Nov for Mario and Sonic.

laserbeam

Banned
I suspect tonights update is a new character or the E3 trailer. especially the trailer since Nintendo hasnt made that available ot public like the others

Jasup

Penguin said:
Just as an update.

Seems like SMash will be released after this game.
As Nintendo's website claims Nov for Mario and Sonic.

Hmmh... my prediction was that Sonic would be the next update (E3, poor updates so far...) then came the notorious "internal server error"...

My hope is still alive and I'll say that the next update will be Sonic the hedgehog.

ant1532

Banned
First off, gotta say. What UP! Told ya'll, its coming in Decemeber. HAH. :p

So yeah. DATE IS DECEMBER 3rd!!!

And as we don't have the imminent E3 trailer yet, they did show some of it off at the Nintendo Press Conference.

Here is a gif of what they showed.
Edit- can't upload it due to size and bayimg is'nt uploading it for some reason... Anyone know wher eI can host a 10 MB pic?? :D

Well Enjoy Wario's booty till

WarioBooty.gif.gif

Some notes
-You see Fox use the Cracker Launcher and woop fools.
-Pikachu uses his Final Smash

Teasel

so basicaly starting from now we have 102 other updates before the game get released
also probably the next update is going to be the e3 trailer and let's assume that on November 30 (last weekday before game release) they just put a notice saying "smash bros is coming!" so now we have 100 other update about the game before it's release
we already have
- 17 update about characters
- 4 update about how the game plays
- 2 update about misc stuff
- 5 update about stages
- 5 update on items + 2 on pokeball + 3 on support characters
- 4 update about the music

up until now the character page need 23 other updates for being finished (adding every special move and final smash to all character that are already revealed),if we count sheik then we need 27 other updates,if we count the other non clone melee non secret character - character that were secret or a clone but are probably in - and the character that we already know from e3 trailer (yoshi,dk,c.falcon,jigglypuff,luigi,peach,ness,ice climbers,marth,ganondorf,mewtwo,snake,zero samus) we need 52+27 updates = 79 updates
100 - 79 = 21 only 21 updates remain... that's a small number for the remaining stages + their respective music + items and support trophies + other nitpick explanation about the game (throw and dodges still remain for example) and we are not even counting the other characters!
so basicaly 1) they speed up the updates or 2) we won't know everything about the game before it get released
now let's say that probably they are going to reveal the secret character after they release the game like they did with melee this would eliminate some character though i assume some character will get an upgrade from secret status to the starting rooster (it already happened to ness and c.falcon in melee),namely i think ganondorf and marth that would eliminate jigglypuff and luigi for a total of 29 updates it would be enough for holding enough page for the old melee items but we aren't counting the stages,music and other item so who knows how the hell they are going to administrate this?

Adumaha said:
While they didn't mention that Brawl would be online, it was in the montage of online games featured behind Reggie. Damn Nintendo, so confusing.

C'mon, guys. This is huge. Not exactly a confirmation, but I'd call it a pretty strong hint.

Anyway, the short new footage from the conference gives me a *bit* of hope to see a new trailer on the site this week, but I won't hold my breath. It sure has been a slow Brawl week thus far, though...

ant1532

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Thanks for the Avatar!!!!!!
Your Welcome :D

Teasel said:
so basicaly starting from now we have 102 other updates before the game get released
also probably the next update is going to be the e3 trailer and let's assume that on November 30 (last weekday before game release) they just put a notice saying "smash bros is coming!" so now we have 100 other update about the game before it's release
we already have
- 17 update about characters
- 4 update about how the game plays
- 2 update about misc stuff
- 5 update about stages
- 5 update on items + 2 on pokeball + 3 on support characters
- 4 update about the music

up until now the character page need 23 other updates for being finished (adding every special move and final smash to all character that are already revealed),if we count sheik then we need 27 other updates,if we count the other non clone melee non secret character - character that were secret or a clone but are probably in - and the character that we already know from e3 trailer (yoshi,dk,c.falcon,jigglypuff,luigi,peach,ness,ice climbers,marth,ganondorf,mewtwo,snake,zero samus) we need 52+27 updates = 79 updates
100 - 79 = 21 only 21 updates remain... that's a small number for the remaining stages + their respective music + items and support trophies + other nitpick explanation about the game (throw and dodges still remain for example) and we are not even counting the other characters!
so basicaly 1) they speed up the updates or 2) we won't know everything about the game before it get released
now let's say that probably they are going to reveal the secret character after they release the game like they did with melee this would eliminate some character though i assume some character will get an upgrade from secret status to the starting rooster (it already happened to ness and c.falcon in melee),namely i think ganondorf and marth that would eliminate jigglypuff and luigi for a total of 29 updates it would be enough for holding enough page for the old melee items but we aren't counting the stages,music and other item so who knows how the hell they are going to administrate this?
th_Gigione2.jpg

{Mike} said:
Why would they post an official E3 trailer on SmashBros.com and not show it LIVE at the EVENT?!
Um... you remember last year.... And if your in doubt about them not having a trailer they showed footage of the game. That footage even if it is that small(but its most likely just a snippet) will be released on the official site. They have a video section for a reason. And for Sakurai to make a trailer for the World Hobby Fair and not E3 07.. Yeah just think about it.

druie

Adumaha said:

For what it's worth, MP3: Corruption was in the same lineup.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
SuperAngelo64 said:
Reggie totally cockteased us with that Mario and Sonic Olympics thing and then like tying it into Brawl like they were going to announce Sonic. :[

Yeah... I was pretty bummed that nothing was revealed.

I'm sure it was obvious to everyone that Reggie seemed to be tying the two games together on purpose... but man... take a look at his exact quote: "I should also mention that there is another game coming that will turn THAT fight into an absolute brawl."

He says 'THAT fight', right after talking about Mario Vs. Sonic at the Olympics...

If he isn't just BSing, it pretty much seems like a confirmation to me.

Edit: If this ends up being true, you'd really think this would have been the best opportunity to fully reveal it though.. hmm, who knows.

I really, really don't give two shits if the put Sonic or his shitty friends in this game. I don't understand why you people care so much about this.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
You do realize you're on a video game discussion board, right? How hard is it to comprehend that some people would be interested in speculation regarding the surprise inclusion of a classic gaming icon into a smash bros sequel? The fact that you don't like the character suddenly means no one else is interested?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Guys the site is updated :lol

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/info/info01.html

This is Sakurai.

I can now say that the North American launch date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been decided.

It is...

December 3rd, 2007

I am working with all my might, so please wait just a little longer!

Oh, I've also prepared a short movie that lets you see a little of the game. It's short, but I hope you'll enjoy it. (GaimeGuy's note: tease total)

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/movi...This=true&TB_iframe=true&height=290&width=420

and...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/donkeykong.html

donkeykong.jpg

It’s Donkey Kong, ruler of the jungle. The original giant powerhouse makes a triumphant return!

Looks like his giant punch is still the haymaker you remember. Don’t doubt his strength or you’ll end up with the ultimate headache!
donkeykong_070712a-l.jpg

donkeykong_070712b-l.jpg

donkeykong_070712c-l.jpg

donkeykong_070712d-l.jpg

jman2050

Okay that movie makes SSBM look like freaking N64 game. 15 seconds only though? Sakurai is such a tease :(

Also, Zelda uses Din's Fire, which seems to confirm that she has the same moveset. Whether Shiek is still in though is anyone's guess.

Somnid

Oh good, now I don't have to wait all night. Seems like he might have a few extra updates in store too.

Oh and the SFX quality is great, I always thought Melee was bit lacking in that categoery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom