• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mejilan said:
So, I'm guessing that since it wasn't mentioned at E3, that SSBB won't have online after all... :(

Yeah, it's probably safe to assume.

*shrugs* Woulda been great, but it's a fighter and all. Mario Kart seems to be the game that proves online for Nintendo systems now I guess, so...we'll see.

And and I want a ****ing real trailer.

Proven

You know, I really expected Mario Galaxy to come in early December and Brawl in mid November. I was just so very sure of it. I was already planning my life around those events.

Oh well, I'd probably not want to leave my house for the sake of a new game for at least a month after Brawl is out. At least this way I have a few weeks to beat Galaxy, maybe.

Just to clear up some things before people start making up crazy stuff.

Fox is using the Cracker Launcher in one of his scenes. NOT a new blaster.

Yes the crazy magic fire photo is from his Fox Fire, and it does seem more explosive (or it's the background. I don't feel like checking again).

Zelda keeps her magic. I know some of you dislike that, but I really like the theme of her specials following Nayru, Farore, and Din, but then again this is mostly because I played Oracle of Ages and Seasons.

Pikachu's Volt Tackle is actually a tackle. So it's like a super version of his Skull Bash. The common theme to the Final Smashes seem to be making a more powerful version of a move or characteristic that character already has. If it's from a move, it'll often be from their specials.

It seems Link may really just only hit one character with his Final Smash. However, it's a lot of hits. If it isn't an instant KO, then I don't know what is.

Someone else freeze frame through it and find out what kind of bomb blew up the Bridge level for me? I'm tired.

Oh, and Donkey Kong!

Videos of Bum + Videos of DK Jet + Videos of Jungle Beat = Reignited love of Donkey Kong.

December 3rd.

Can't wait.

Somnid

Mejilan said:
So, I'm guessing that since it wasn't mentioned at E3, that SSBB won't have online after all... :(

Seems that way unfortunately, the press site doesn't have a Wi-fi icon for it either. Oh well, not like I wasn't expecting it, but it still would have been awesome.

jman2050

Mejilan said:

You know, speculation is nice, but when it's based on almost nothing it's kind of silly. If the game isn't online, we'll know. Until then, we should just wait...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
That's why I posed it in the form of a question. And now we're having a discussion. And someone else has posted another strong indicator of it not having online. Chill out.

Sharp said:
Was anything mentioned about it other than its release date?

A bunch of games were confirmed to have online modes, some of them surprisingly. Not this one, though.

Off the top of my head, Super Mario Strikers: Charged, Medal of Honor (32 player online), Guitar Hero III (this one was a surprise), Mario Kart Wii, etc.

Linkup

donkeykong_070712a-l.jpg

Sharp

Really? Oh well. Unless it's some sort of extra reveal tomorrow it's not gonna happen, which is quite sad.

Edit: Also it's funny how I completely didn't realize there was actual game information in the press conference. That's GAF, I suppose.

But who knows. There's still three days or so left of E3, and we all know how it went down last year. Nintendo had a sorta eh conference and then ****ing busted open the next day with Brawl shit. I'd say it's a fair bet we get another something like that, possibly dealing with Brawl online.

Somnid

BrandNew said:
But who knows. There's still three days or so left of E3, and we all know how it went down last year. Nintendo had a sorta eh conference and then ****ing busted open the next day with Brawl shit. I'd say it's a fair bet we get another something like that, possibly dealing with Brawl online.

Maybe but it's quite a long-shot.

Tristam

Somnid said:
Seems that way unfortunately, the press site doesn't have a Wi-fi icon for it either. Oh well, not like I wasn't expecting it, but it still would have been awesome.

I'm not even going to take that into account. A lot of you people on here were speculating (contrary to my claims that said speculation was ludicrous) that the game would be playable only with the Wii Remote simply because there was a Wii Remote icon next to the "Controls" text on the left hand menu.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
jman2050 said:
Okay that movie makes SSBM look like freaking N64 game. 15 seconds only though? Sakurai is such a tease :(

Also, Zelda uses Din's Fire, which seems to confirm that she has the same moveset. Whether Shiek is still in though is anyone's guess.
Cue more endless speculation and teeth-gnashing on the Sheik debate!

fernoca

jman2050 said:
Okay that movie makes SSBM look like freaking N64 game.
What? :lol

Sharp said:
Really? Oh well. Unless it's some sort of extra reveal tomorrow it's not gonna happen, which is quite sad.

Edit: Also it's funny how I completely didn't realize there was actual game information in the press conference. That's GAF, I suppose.
Well, maybe you can go now and tell everyone else.. :lol

Anyway great update..and cocktease of teaser (which by the way, was the same clip they showed at the E3 conference).. :D

legend166

Cassamassina says:

Writing Metroid and Wii Fit impressions now. Bozie's on RE Umbrella Chronicles and the Zapper and Galaxy. (I will also have my own thoughts on Galaxy later.) Going to be a long night. Stick with us. Obviously, lots of media is on the way.

We haven't seen a damned thing on Smash Bros. Squat. My guess? There's a developer roundtable tomorrow night. Perhaps Nintendo will show it off there.

Matt

Shinobix said:
So no Japan Time today? Has it been moved from now on?

I think any time this week is free time. It's E3 Time. It'll be updated at ****ing weird times.

Cassamassina says:

Writing Metroid and Wii Fit impressions now. Bozie's on RE Umbrella Chronicles and the Zapper and Galaxy. (I will also have my own thoughts on Galaxy later.) Going to be a long night. Stick with us. Obviously, lots of media is on the way.

We haven't seen a damned thing on Smash Bros. Squat. My guess? There's a developer roundtable tomorrow night. Perhaps Nintendo will show it off there.

Matt

Aaaaaaaand thank you. *bows*

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Shinobix said:
So no Japan Time today? Has it been moved from now on?
I think that was just a quick update due to the E3 announcement. We won't really know for a few hours if we have the standard daily update as well.

I would hope this game better have online matches. Honestly, new characters and stages are nice and all, but there's really no point in creating another installment in this series if you don't include online play. The last game was almost perfect and people were expecting that, but with online matches when they announced this sequel.

If this doesn't launch with some sort of online mode then Nintendo will have dropped a hugely crucial ball here.

ant1532

Banned
legend166 said:
Cassamassina says:

Matt
Sakurai does love surprises.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Damn that teasing bastard.

Also, DK's fur looks a lot lighter and more detailed than from SSBM.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm holding out for a surprise announcement on the last day.... last year's Snake reveal was awesome and they knew it!

Sonic and online, friends.... sonic and online. (That's why they left the logo off... so they could announce it with an innovative matchup system!)

or am I in denial?

fernoca

More fuel to the fire...
Seeing how "early" Sakurai posted this update (or was it his slave?)...
Maybe they are in LA, seeing how the guys at IGN are also writing previews at the moment..

So maybe Sakurai will be at an special presentation tomorrow...since he's not using the laws of Japan Time..at least for now.. :lol

AniHawk

So... what the **** happened to the old Nintendo franchise that was being brought back? Was it really Mario Kart? Because that'd be awesome.

Yes, this is entirely the wrong place for this question, I know.

Completely a bit off topic, but sicne we're talking about online Wii games...

I'm excited for Mario Kart, but I have absolutely NO FAITH that Nintendo will see its release in Q1 2008. It looks incredible bare bones at the moment, and even its logo is just the DS one's with "Wii" stamped under it. I love the series and I'm excited for this next one for online battle mode, but it's pretty obvious they JUST started it.

AniHawk said:
So... what the **** happened to the old Nintendo franchise that was being brought back? Was it really Mario Kart? Because that'd be awesome.

Yes, this is entirely the wrong place for this question, I know.

Duck Hunt with the Wii Zapper...thats what I think.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow DK's fur is actually really nice. Seems like the most detailed character so far imo.

And 15 seconds only sure does suck...BUT I TAKE WHAT I CAN! GIVE ME MORE SAKURAI!

fernoca

BrandNew said:
Completely a bit off topic, but sicne we're talking about online Wii games...

I'm excited for Mario Kart, but I have absolutely NO FAITH that Nintendo will see its release in Q1 2008. It looks incredible bare bones at the moment, and even its logo is just the DS one's with "Wii" stamped under it. I love the series and I'm excited for this next one for online battle mode, but it's pretty obvious they JUST started it.
From the looks of things..they are using assets from Double Dash but at a higher resolution...(or maybe the ones from arcade)
Meaning the engine is already in place..plus by the time it is released next year, it would be 1 year or a little more of development...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
actually I was hoping DK would look a little more like his Jungle Beat iteration

junglebeat_clap.jpg

EDIT:
Actually hey after seeing side by side with the image above that isn't too bad. I like the JB fur shading better, though I understand why that would be a problem in Smash

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow, I'm leaving for my hols soon so it's nice to know I don't miss todays Japan Time. Nice to leave on a high.

scottnak

So... does this mean we'll still get our regularly scheduled Japan time update?
Or is this what happens when E3 time and Japan time Colllllliiiiide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom