• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
SixStringPsycho said:
NEW VIDEOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG THE RELEASE DATEEEEEE HOLYYYY SHIIITTTTT
December 3rd!!!!!!! 07!!!!!!
Confirmed Bitchessss

:lol :lol
It's been.....DONE!

woxel1

That video was maddeningly short, but sweet. I can't wait for more.
No, really -- I am physically unable to wait for more

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
RagnarokX said:
The video pretty much confirmed that final smashes pause the action. At the end the video is zoomed in on Pikachu charging up and then he uses volt tackle.

I think I saw Bowser Jr but not sure... pretty blurry...

The entire trailer was at varying distances and angles.

IceIpor

RagnarokX said:
The video pretty much confirmed that final smashes pause the action. At the end the video is zoomed in on Pikachu charging up and then he uses volt tackle.

I think I saw Bowser Jr but not sure... pretty blurry...

I know I said this earlier, but I think this video confirms it (and if anyone else said this earlier... sorry...). The reason why there are only 3 players on the screen in these shots, the reason why there are no health bars, and the reason why it zoomed in on Pikachu is because this is in camera mode and the 4th player is the camera man.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Who the hell said the game wouldn't have online? The fact that it wasn't announced doesn't mean a thing

IceIpor

superbank said:
There is actually 4 characters on the Bridge level, but the rest are 3 or less.

Ahh... You're right.. Didn't spot Zelda in that explosion there.
Hmm.... Hopefully it doesn't discredit my explanation too much.

IceIpor

Oblivion said:
I wonder if it's due to some of those attacks. It does look like they get slowed down.

I see what you mean, but I can't tell if it was like that in Melee or not. I don't have a good reference video to compare with...

However, if it is different from Melee, perhaps this is Sakurai's answer to making the game more aerial combat based.
By slowing down time during hits, it'll allow more reaction time perhaps. Or maybe it's something else.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
RagnarokX said:
linkperv.jpg
:lol

Capndrake

So, did anybody check one of the European pages? As expected, the date isn't even listed and pretty much the entire part of the post about the date is cut out.

IceIpor said:
I know I said this earlier, but I think this video confirms it (and if anyone else said this earlier... sorry...). The reason why there are only 3 players on the screen in these shots, the reason why there are no health bars, and the reason why it zoomed in on Pikachu is because this is in camera mode and the 4th player is the camera man.

This man deserves a prize.

Haunted

AAAARGH!! I can't take this teasing! 15 seconds videos is enough to have me salivating, but I. WANT. MORE!
emot-argh.gif

Capndrake said:
So, did anybody check one of the European pages? As expected, the date isn't even listed and pretty much the entire part of the post about the date is cut out.
I did and wept.

Q1 2008 if we're lucky, Q2 2008 if Sakurai feels like Europe needs some punishing.

Raw64life

I sure hope not, but I think there isn't going to be any online mode, mostly because they didn't announce it at the press conference, yet shoved Mario Kart online in everyone's face. I feel like they had to make a decision to either axe online and put it out in 2007 or add online and push it back to 2008 and decided on 2007. Just my opinion.

Akinola

They're only showing the new stages...

The Bridge of Eldin looks like an oversized Flat Zone...

Pika's Final Smash, the Volt Tackle looks DEVASTAING....

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Capndrake said:
Almost the same pose:

donkeykong.jpg
donkey4.jpg

You cannot honestly say that the SSBB DK looks worse.

They should remove him altogether. Donkey Kong is ugly.

PkunkFury

Capndrake said:
Almost the same pose:

donkeykong.jpg
donkey4.jpg

You cannot honestly say that the SSBB DK looks worse.

I very much prefer the new one. The DKJB model does look technically more impressive, but the fur looks like a gerbil with static puff. The SSBB DK has a matted fur look with the hair changing directions where appropriate, and is a bit more serious looking for the fighting game. Also has a sweet hand texture

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I prefer the Melee version of DK. The Brawl model looks more like DKC DK while the newer games in the series have made changes that make him look better. No big deal though.

Firestorm

So Nintendo decided to crush all hope.

E3 2007: Smash Bros. Brawl a No-Show
Nintendo reps say the game will not be on display in any form.
by Matt Casamassina

July 12, 2007 - Although fans hoped that E3 2007 would provide the stage for hands-on gameplay sessions with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo recently announced that the title would not be playable at the event. And today, we learned definitely that Brawl will, in fact, not be shown in any capacity. Asked why it would intentionally delay previewing one of its most anticipated Wii projects, Nintendo's Beth Llewelyn said that the company wanted to focus on other projects, but that Brawl was still very much on track for its December release.

"After we get back from E3, we'll look at the calendar and figure out the right time to do something very specific for Smash Bros. Brawl," added Llewelyn, who noted that there is no plan to release a new E3 2007 Brawl gameplay trailer, either.

Meanwhile, the official Smash Bros. Brawl website will continue to provide daily updates, weekends excluded, of course.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/804/804234p1.html

Firestorm

Last year they just didn't show it to us during the conference and we got depressed. This year they're saying outright that they won't show it ever. We'll find out for sure in an hour.

And if you wanna see top players going at it, FC Diamond just started today =D Hopefully they'll have daily update videos.

tim1138

Firestorm said:
So Nintendo decided to crush all hope.

IGN article

Didn't we already know that? Kohler reported that like last week or so over on Game|Life I thought.

To change subjects, I really want an Excite Truck assist trophy, it could come out and run over all the people on the screen or something.

Firestorm

tim1138 said:
Didn't we already know that? Kohler reported that like last week or so over on Game|Life I thought.

To change subjects, I really want an Excite Truck assist trophy, it could come out and run over all the people on the screen or something.

Kohler reported it wouldn't be playable. This confirms that it won't be playable AND no trailer shown =(

And with this announcement, Nintendo loses E3. And here I was thinking we would get a new trailer with Sonic announced. Dammit.

Nintendo: "But don't worry, we have plenty of Wii Fit info on the way to make up for it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom