• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Actually, I take it back. Some of this speculation is kinda neat. Speculate moar plz. :)

scottnak

Oblivion said:
What a way to end the week.

Stupid Sakurai.
Blaspheme!

BrodiemanTTR said:
You know what the funny thing is? Monday's update? Gonna have nothing to do with this. It'll be Pikachu's B moves or the laser sword.
So true... would not be surprised at all. Haha.

I'm fairly sure (almost 100%) these are caps from the opening cinematic, explaining the story of the game. Melee opened with Mario as a trophy, then springing to life. It's the same deal here.

"In this world..." is clearly referring to the world of Smash Bros. Looks like Metaknight is the main villain or something.

Edit: Here is the opening to Melee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oERm213GIuI

PkunkFury

jj984jj said:
It's definitely CG, not sure how you can say it looks realtime given all the screens we've seen already.

Same is the preivous trailer, it's using realtime assets. It could just be a real time FMV. Look how simple the background is (the crowd) and the particles on the creepy thing at the bottom look awful for CG. If it's CG, they just rendered the stuff they are using for the game.

PkunkFury

E-phonk said:
Haha, if that would be the only form of online, it would be totally unexpected.

he did say we might get online but in a form we didn't expect. Co-op may be easier if timing is less sensitive when fighting CPU

RagnarokX

A Link to the Snitch said:
Nah. Meta Knight's never been an evil guy, so that'd be silly. And with his creator at the helm, I doubt they'll do it.

NO, bad. Meta Knight's a defender of truth and justice!!

Well since Meta Knight in this game appears to be based on Kirby Super Star (Halberd) and he was considerably "evil" in that game (he wanted to conquer Dream Land to end the lazy lifestyle of its people) I'd say he could definitely fit a villain role. He could be invading Smash Bros to change it's order and such much like he did in Super Star.

Vyse The Legend said:
I'm fairly sure (almost 100%) these are caps from the opening cinematic, explaining the story of the game. Melee opened with Mario as a trophy, then springing to life. It's the same deal here.

"In this world..." is clearly referring to the world of Smash Bros. Looks like Metaknight is the main villain or something.

Haha, look at post #8579. Then observe all of the Kirby nerds shouting "METAKNIGHT IS GOOD HE RESTORES BALANCE!!!"

fernoca

jj984jj said:
It's definitely CG, not sure how you can say it looks realtime given all the screens we've seen already.
This: VVV
PkunkFury said:
Same is the preivous trailer, it's using realtime assets. It could just be a real time FMV. Look how simple the background is (the crowd) and the particles on the creepy thing at the bottom look awful for CG. If it's CG, they just rendered the stuff they are using for the game.

They are using realtime assets, as seen on the public, the low res texture in the floor, the not so rounded corners in Mario's hat, Kirby's hand, etc...

Not being picky..just pointing out stuff...it looks incredible anyway.

fernoca

In any case, this could be the intro..but of the Adventure Mode..or something.
In Melee, the final boss of Adventure Mode..was none other than..Bowser; so having a "normal character" as boss (like Meta-Knight) is nothing ..shocking.

Master Hand still appeared in Classic Mde..so no need to worry.

PkunkFury

so, when can we expect to see the whole thing? TGS? Or Will they have a Smash focused event? They didn't want to reveal anything at E3, maybe because they had plans for something geared directly towards Smash. anything else coming up?

Vyse The Legend said:

that vid doesn't do the game justice :)
http://stage6.divx.com/user/JuliusSSV/video/1391035/Super-Smash-Bros--Melee-(GCN)-Opening looks much better.

You can barely see in it that Link is all electric/staticy also. Seemingly all of them were trophies in Melee also and changed to be fighters there as well.

justchris

Keru_Shiri said:
If this leads to a beefier 1P mode, then I'm for it. And is it just me, or does the generic enemy kind of resemble a heartless?

Yes, I thought the darkness surrounding it looked kind of familiar, and it does sort of resemble some of the types of heartless. That seems highly unlikely, but if there are heartless in this game, Sakurai just dropped a stealth megaton.

PkunkFury said:
so, when can we expect to see the whole thing? TGS? Or Will they have a Smash focused event? They didn't want to reveal anything at E3, maybe because they had plans for something geared directly towards Smash. anything else coming up?
Matt claims there will be a Smash-focused event in August.

But he's been full of rich, creamy shit lately and very little he's said has panned out. So who knows.

Um, am i the only one that gets the hint from the text?

I mean...yeah, it could be just a trophy-get-mode or a story-mode or whatever.
But "this are the rules of this world" and "if anyone breaks these rules a terrible price has to be paid" sounds...like the online-mode. The loser turns into a trophy, and if you cheat, you have to pay some kind of price.

Could be wrong, but...as mystically as it´s written...

PkunkFury

ShockingAlberto said:
Matt claims there will be a Smash-focused event in August.

But he's been full of rich, creamy shit lately and very little he's said has panned out. So who knows.

SWEET I'm marking my calander

maybe they'll bring Halo DS too o_O

j/k I could see a Smash event happening, let's hope...

gimz

i dont get this update, new stage, and you have to fight the trophies characters before you unlock them? sounds awsome!

OOO i get it, its the new opening sequence video for SSBB

or its the video for story mode

PkunkFury

:lol on Smash Boards they've noticed Bowser in the clouds above MetaKnight's ship, and now they are seeing Ridley, Satr wolf, and god knows what else. I sort of do see the Bowser though

MrNibbles

Banned
PkunkFury said:
:lol on Smash Boards they've noticed Bowser in the clouds above MetaKnight's ship, and now they are seeing Ridley, Satr wolf, and god knows what else. I sort of do see the Bowser though

no

ShockingAlberto said:
I think what happened is Mario and Kirby fought and Mario won. Kirby was supposed to be turned back in to a trophy, but Mario saves him and they book it for somewhere else. Whatever the law is in the Smash universe that has them turn in to trophies is like "Bitch you got problems now" and heads after them.
I think this is the best idea yet. AND it fits with "MetaKnight follows the rules and keeps the peace!" too.

Lol, ok, so noone gets the impression that this could be the online-mode?
The two sentences i quoted plus the picture of Mario and Kirby shaking hands like "nice match, let´s play together again"...

I don't get why this is so baffling. It's obviously meant as the "plot" of SSBB.

I do kinda see Bowser in the clouds, but not really.

modea01_070720sj-l.jpg

Ok, I'm finally done freaking out over the awesomeness of this update.

Son of Godzilla said:
I don't get why this is so baffling. It's obviously meant as the "plot" of SSBB.

I do kinda see Bowser in the clouds, but not really.

modea01_070720sj-l.jpg

Actually I totally see it.. it almost seems intentional.. then again it's really late.

ZeoVGM

Banned
MasterMFauli said:
Um, am i the only one that gets the hint from the text?

I mean...yeah, it could be just a trophy-get-mode or a story-mode or whatever.
But "this are the rules of this world" and "if anyone breaks these rules a terrible price has to be paid" sounds...like the online-mode. The loser turns into a trophy, and if you cheat, you have to pay some kind of price.

:lol :lol

Trying WAY too hard dude.

rakka

MasterMFauli said:
Uh, lol, why?
Nazi-jokes all around, so no problem. Take it easy :p
I just found those "i can see Bowser in the smoke"-comments funny.

BlueTsunami was banned for exactly what you did. :-\

(and still is, dunno for how long)

rakka said:
BlueTsunami was banned for exactly what you did. :-\

Yeah, then sorry, it was meant to be a joke. Though it´s really on the same leve as those jokes "Germans = nazis", so it´s a bit sad that you call for a ban here. Anyway, please remove the picture from your posts. Im sorry.

fernoca

MasterMFauli said:
Yeah, then sorry, it was meant to be a joke. Though it´s really on the same leve as those jokes "Germans = nazis", so it´s a bit sad that you call for a ban here. Anyway, please remove the picture from your posts. Im sorry.
Though asking for a ban, is also bannable..that's what I said about the 'mod' thing..trying to make you edit the pic as quickly as possible..but you didn't..since many has been banned before for similar things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom