• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
fernoca said:
Apparently, US and Europe will get Snake in place of Ness which will be available only the in japanese version of the game ...... :lol

You better watch what you ****ing say or Amir0x will be on a suicide watch

JohnTinker said:
Ridley Assist Trophy tonight

161fs165964.jpg

fernoca

:lol :lol :lol
As always..
When I say "intelligent things" ..everyone ignores me and reads through them..and quote other people that posted after me saying the same thing I said..

But when I post idiotic stuff, everyone and their dogs quotes me... :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
fernoca said:
As always..
When I say "intelligent things" ..everyone ignores me and reads through them..and quote other people that posted after me saying the same thing I said..

That's exactly it.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
fernoca said:
As always..

There's a line between 'idiotic stuff' and flamebait.

Back on topic, I hope its a content addition tonight, and not a gameplay/how to play update.

MORE EARTHBOUND/NESS UPDATES PLEASE.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
fernoca said:
As always..

Welcome to GAF? =P

Jasup

ah... it's time for me to say "Falcon or Peach" again...

Edit: even I don't believe it to be Falcon or Peach... maybe "That World", we'll wait and see.

Please don't be lame update. Please. I have to get up early for work tomorrow. Please be a character profile or a stage, and not a music update like we usually see early in the week.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Big Icarus said:
Please don't be lame update. Please. I have to get up early for work tomorrow. Please be a character profile or a stage, and not a music update like we usually see early in the week.
Or an ambiguous update like last Friday's, allowing for drug-induced speculations that range from an online trophy battle mode to "HOLY COW CAN YOU SEE STEVE JOBS IN THE CLOUDS THAT MEANS TONY THE TIGER IS PLAYABLE"

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jungle Beat stage, cool!

Oh, it's a new Icicle Mountain-like level. Further evidence that Ice Climbers are out?
not really

stage07_070723a-l.jpg

NotWii

Banned
DK themed Ice Climber stage
BOOO!!

Also, does that mean Ice Climbers are OUT?

Funny they would use a Jungle Beat stage when they're not using the Jungle Beat DK with the dark brown fur.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
This stage is based on the look and feel of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, which was played using the DK Bongos.

The key here is to keep climbing up and up.

stage07_070723a.jpg

The tropical setting is quite nice.

The screen slowly scrolls upward, so if you don’t want to get left behind, you’d better get to climbing. Oh, and don’t forget to pummel your opponents on the way.

stage07_070723b.jpg

You’re climbing up, but the water keeps flowing
down, down, down.

The screen’s constantly changing, so it’s fun just to watch, too.

stage07_070723c.jpg

The top of the waterfall isn’t the top! Keep climbing!

Hey! What’s at the top? Huh?

Hmm...I wonder...

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
dfyb said:
wow the stage seems like an iceclimbers replacement :(

and wtf are climbable ladders doing in smash....

Sakurai did mention that there's something higher up.
So it might not be a total ice climbers stage at all.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Awesome.

Now you people can stop bitching about how there won't be any fun stages in Brawl.

Jiggy

Wii said:
Also, does that mean Ice Climbers are OUT?
Don't even start. :|

For all we know Ice Climbers could be out, or they could be back with a new horizontal scrolling level based on those clouds in the game, or any number of other possibilities. Let's not start jumping to conclusions just yet.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
dfyb said:

Maybe characters climb them very quickly, so you're not too vulnerable. You might even be able to attack while holding onto a ladder?

NotWii

Banned
dfyb said:

They should redo DK Arcade as a minigame using the SSBB engine now that they've got rolling barrels and ladders.

Verano said:
Sakurai did mention that there's something higher up.
So it might not be a total ice climbers stage at all.

Yeah. I'm hoping it'll play out like Rainbow Cruise, where part of the stage is climbing and a lot of it is horizontal scrolling. The one thing that annoys me most about climbing stages is that certain character have a HUGE advantage when it comes to vertical movement over others. Donkey Kong is probably the most vertically impaired character in the game, and this is his stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom