• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOO!!! I wonder if his movest is similar to Marth's.

ike_070801c-l.jpg

Oh, and this pic is absolutely bad ass.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ike.jpg

From Fire Emblem, Ike appears! The fact that he can wield a two-handed sword with a single hand is a testament to his magnificent strength.

His brings his special move "Aether" with him as he crashes the Brawl party. Try for a single-stroke finishing blow with his mighty blade!
ike_070801a-l.jpg

ike_070801b-l.jpg

ike_070801c-l.jpg

ike_070801d-l.jpg

AMUSIX

Of course, this means that from now on, whenever there's a slight delay in the update, there will be cries of OMG CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!!!!!

Oh, and great update, might be replacing both Marth and Roy...have a similar moveset with a few unique differences.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Why does he look different though?

PkunkFury

we need some Marth/Ike comparison pics in here. He doesn't look too much better aside from the torn cape, does he? Of course I always forget how bad the Melee models looked until i see them against the Brawl models

also, did they just use his Wii game model, Link style? I haven't played the new FEs so i don't know

Innotech

Banned
well I never played Fire emblem so I dont know who Ike is but....this makes up for the wait.
But I fear my boy Roy is a goner :/ Well Ike, you better be goddamned good, son.

NeonZ

also, did they just use his Wii game model, Link style? I haven't played the new FEs so i don't know

No, they didn't use his in-game model. Fire Emblem's 3d models weren't very good.

PkunkFury said:
we need some Marth/Ike comparison pics in here. He doesn't look too much better aside from the torn cape, does he? Of course I always forget how bad the Melee models looked until i see them against the Brawl models

You must not have played Melee in a while, there is definitely a noticeable improvement.

AniHawk

Innotech said:
well I never played Fire emblem so I dont know who Ike is but....this makes up for the wait.
But I fear my boy Roy is a goner :/ Well Ike, you better be goddamned good, son.
Ike would kill Roy in a fight. Actually, that's what probably happened.

PkunkFury

I guess this means if Marth is in he is either a clone or a costume change. No way they would make two unique movesets for such similar characters. marth's pretty important to the franchise so it's hard to imagine him being out entirely

Proven

AniHawk said:
Ike would kill Roy in a fight. Actually, that's what probably happened.

For some reason, I find this more hilarious than I should

Permadeath CONFIRMED

PkunkFury said:
I guess this means if Marth is in he is either a clone or a costume change. No way they would make two unique movesets for such similar characters

We have no proof that the clones have been completely irradicated. All we have is Sakurai's word, which hasn't brought a confirmation of online play in a while...

Marth could be in with an excuse like "I said no more clones, well completely new clone pairs at least. Marth is back as a returning character!"

Marth might stay in because he the main character of the original Fire Emblem. Roy was only added into Melee to pimp FE6 on GBA.

^
Then again, Marth and Roy could both be gone for FE9 & 10 characters.

Sweet! An excellent addition.

I hope they have his
Goddess of Dawn
outfit as an alternate costume. (That is if they do alternate costumes, as opposed to palette swaps.)

PkunkFury

Updated series icon list:

1. Smash Brothers
2. Donkey Kong
3. StarFox
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero
6. Metroid
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Fire Emblem
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
18. Kid Icarus

Melee series still missing:

Earthbound (ought to be confirmed, but NOA may try to stop this one)
Ice Climbers (might go?)
Game and Watch (might go?)

Seems what I suspected is right. That means:

Earthbound = 7
Ice Climbers = 13
Game and Watch = 14

and finally, this one is pretty much a shoe in
Pikmin = 17

This info says both Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch have like a 99% chance of coming back, since they fit into the series list perfectly. It is still possible for either 13 or both 13 and 14 to be new Brawl series, since we don't know where melee ends and brawl begins, but I doubt it. Animal Crossing is a huge franchise, and it makes sense as the first in the brawl list

for those that don't see the pattern yet:

all original 64 series in 1-11
all introduced in Melee series in 12-14
and all introduced in brawl 1st party series in 15-18
Brawl numbers will go past 18, could include another Nintendo franchise or two
and all 3rd party franchise will be after these numbers (so for now, Metal Gear would be 19)

Kevtones

Gunloc said:
Sweet! An excellent addition.

I hope they have his
Goddess of Dawn
outfit as an alternate costume. (That is if they do alternate costumes, as opposed to palette swaps.)

BEE SUIT MARIO

Innotech said:
well, how much better can this game get than it is now?
This was seriously on my wishlist of characters I wanted from Brawl.

It's been:

- Ike
- Metaknight
- Wario Ware-style Wario
- Mona

C'mon, Sakurai, go for all four!

Innotech

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
This was seriously on my wishlist of characters I wanted from Brawl.

It's been:

- Ike
- Metaknight
- Wario Ware-style Wario
- Mona

C'mon, Sakurai, go for all four!
so much for your prediction of a weak update :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom