• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly see Mewtwo and Jigglypuff returning. I'm not sure who else from the Pokemon games they would bring in, other than other Pokemon trainers? I never saw how Lucario was such a sure thing for some people (maybe as an assist trophy).

Also, I said it before, and I'll say it again: I would LOVE to see a Diddy and Dixie combo revealed as a character.

Duderz

Banned
If they put in Lyn from Fire Emblem and Celda instead of Young Link, then I will be very very happy.

And Ganondorf's Final Smash should be him turning into Ganon.

That's all.

GamerSoul

Jiggy37 said:
Hmm.
You're right, I change my stance. Sakurai's good at gauging fan disinterest. >_> Now where's my Lyn or Mikaya?

Those two would be beyond sweet! Mikaya would most likely be a faster Magic user, compared to Zelda and Lyn would just be sweet no matter what. I see no other Female Sword user with a chance other than Mia, she's not that widely known, but she does have a voice actor.

PkunkFury

Keru_Shiri said:
Also, I said it before, and I'll say it again: I would LOVE to see a Diddy and Dixie combo revealed as a character.

yeah, I think this would be an awesome way to include Diddy. He really doesn't have enough moves otherwise, but with Dixie they could be swappable and have team moves. Kind of like a cross between Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik.

You'd have two characters you cloud switch between, but you'd rely on both of them to do the best moves (tag team stuff like throwing your partner at enemies or Dixie spinning while carrying Diddy). When one isn't being used they just follow the other without attacking or being hit (like in DKC). they have separate life %s, so as one starts to die you want to switch to the other. Diddy has the better attack moves but Dixie has the recovery (with hair spins and such). If you lose one you are stuck playing with just the other until they have both died.

Keru_Shiri said:
I honestly see Mewtwo and Jigglypuff returning. I'm not sure who else from the Pokemon games they would bring in, other than other Pokemon trainers? I never saw how Lucario was such a sure thing for some people (maybe as an assist trophy).

Munchlax?

peach_070817c-l.jpg

:)
To think this is going to be out THIS YEAR! MY GOD!

Zeed

Banned
GamerSoul said:
Those two would be beyond sweet! Mikaya would most likely be a faster Magic user, compared to Zelda and Lyn would just be sweet no matter what. I see no other Female Sword user with a chance other than Mia, she's not that widely known, but she does have a voice actor.
Mia has no chance in hell - she's a really minor character from a game already represented by Ike. If a female Fire Emblem character makes it in, and I'm willing to bet she will, the obvious choice is Lyn.

A) She was the star of the first internationally released Fire Emblem.
B) She was also the first female Lord, only one of two to this date (and she's much more popular than Erikia).
C) She kicks ass and is of a different unit type than Marth and Ike.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Suburban Cowboy said:
id just like to point out something for people guessing certain pokemon will be assist trophies...

Pokeballs are still in the game. Think about it.

One Pokemon already is announced as an assist trophy. Think about it.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Haunted One said:
As badly made up as those rumours are, at least they got the thread back on track.

Bowser Jr. could be a cool character, as long as they don't make him a Bowser clone. I could see how they make him similar to Pichu and Young Link, though. :(
Thats what i'm worried about. I dont want to have Bowser jr that will be almost the same as Bowser, it would be pointless.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Useless thought.

The prior Smash Bros. games featured Pokemon voices from the localized cartoons, right?

What voice will they use for the trainer?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Keru_Shiri said:
I never saw how Lucario was such a sure thing for some people (maybe as an assist trophy).

There's several reasons for me that Lucario would make the perfect new Pokémon challenger;-

1) He's a Fighting type (actually Fighting/Steel)
2) He's got a wide variety of moves, including Aura Sphere which could make for a unique projectile attack.
3) He's a humanshape Pokémon, like Mewtwo.
4) He's the star of one of the most recent films and one of the best representatives of Diamond/Pearl, earning Legendary status despite not being in any way shape or form a Legendary Pokemon.
5) He's quick!

...then again I also thought that Deoxys would make it as a playable character with the 4-form changing thing. Such is the validity of my opinion. :(

DavidDayton said:
Useless thought.

The prior Smash Bros. games featured Pokemon voices from the localized cartoons, right?

They'll probably just use some generic voice from the anime. If you're hoping they'll use Ash's voice actress, I seriously doubt it.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
SovanJedi said:
They'll probably just use some generic voice from the anime. If you're hoping they'll use Ash's voice actress, I seriously doubt it.

I'm just curious. No trainer "voices" exist in any of the games, if I am correct... and they used Pikachu's trademark squeal voice from the cartoon. I'm just curious as to what they will do... I can't imagine them NOT having the trainer yelp out Pokemon names as he tosses them into the arena.

NeonZ

I think Diddy is EXTREMELY likely, probably the most prominent and obvious Nintendo character absent from previous installments aside from Wario.

But he wasn't even a trophy in SSBM... though there wasn't any trophy of a generic trainer, and he is playable in Brawl. Anyway, I see Diddy appearing with Dixie before Diddy appearing by himself. He probably would have something closer to a tag team feature, so he wouldn't really be stealing the Ice Climbers gimmick.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
NeonZ said:
But he wasn't even a trophy in SSBM... though there wasn't any trophy of a generic trainer, and he is playable in Brawl. Anyway, I see Diddy appearing with Dixie before Diddy appearing by himself. He probably would have something closer to a tag team feature, so he wouldn't really be stealing the Ice Climbers gimmick.
He's appeared prominently in 6 DK games, one even a spin-off as a titular character. He's pretty much the Luigi to DK's Mario in the DK universe. I don't see why it's such a stretch. Name me another Nintendo character with 6 prominent, playable game appearances that's not yet in Smash, by all means.
Ah, but popularity is sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more recent Pokemon are less known because they're not given anything more than bit parts in anything aside from their respective games. If they were given more spotlight in such things, they'd easily be more popular. Hell, Pikachu was pretty much a two-bit Pokemon in the first game, he gained his notoriety entirely through larger exposure elsewhere, which then spilled over into the games.

And look at Marth, few people here have played the games he originated in, but thanks to his Melee appearance, US players now recognize him and he has a lot of fans. Same will happen with Ike, before Smash hardly known, after Smash he'll be much more recognized.

Same concept goes for Pokemon. Put Treecko in there, and all of a sudden Treecko will be one of the more popular Pokemon among fans.

ohamsie

As much as I would like to see them, I don't think there will be any Pokemon from Diamond or Pearl in this game. I hope I'm wrong though.

Zeed

Banned
Shig said:
And look at Marth, few people here have played the games he originated in, but thanks to his Melee appearance, US players now recognize him and he has a lot of fans. Same will happen with Ike, before Smash hardly known, after Smash he'll be much more recognized.
Ike is already the most popular Fire Emblem character internationally, I believe, but Brawl can't possibly hurt his prestige (I bought Path of Radiance after finding out he was in SSBB). Marth was a complete unknown and it was pretty amazing what Melee was able to do for his series.

I think Diddy's pretty likely for an assist trophy.

If we're going to have a side character from a spin-off of the Mario universe, I'd rather have Mona than Diddy.

Jiggy

DavidDayton said:
Useless thought.

Well, Pikachu's Japanese voice acting carried over to other versions anyway. But now that you mention it, I'm curious what they'll do with Jigglypuff and Mewtwo if they're still in, since the voice actors were changed when Pokemon USA took back the show licensing from 4Kids.

Dr.Hadji

Shinoobi said:
How great would it be if they took the time to bring Samus' Prime suits into Brawl as her alternate suits?

4t6f39e.jpg

Pretty great.

Pretty great.

:(

Sakurai: Hey Retro I need some Samus models.
Retro: Ok cool, here they are.

BAM they're in Brawl. Its so easy it just has to happen.

Concerning Pokemon Trainer's voice-- I caught a random newer episode of Pokemon a few weeks ago and Ash's voice is DEFINITELY different. They've got someone else poorly imitating the old voice now.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Dr.Hadji said:
Sakurai: Hey Retro I need some Samus models.
Retro: Ok cool, here they are.

BAM they're in Brawl. Its so easy it just has to happen.
:lol

We wish it were that easy. You're forgetting the whole character rig and animation part. Also the poly limit and texture size might be in conflict with Smash Bros. requirements. I could go on and on.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Shinoobi said:
How great would it be if they took the time to bring Samus' Prime suits into Brawl as her alternate suits?

4t6f39e.jpg

Pretty great.

Pretty great.

:(

Am I the only one that dislikes that suit? It looks like it's being worn backwards with the back in the front.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
BorkBork said:
Am I the only one that dislikes that suit? It looks like it's being worn backwards with the back in the front.

It wasn't perfect, but it was lightyears better than the crappy looking dark suit

Jiggy37 said:
Well, Pikachu's Japanese voice acting carried over to other versions anyway. But now that you mention it, I'm curious what they'll do with Jigglypuff and Mewtwo if they're still in, since the voice actors were changed when Pokemon USA took back the show licensing from 4Kids.
Mewtwo never got dubbed in English, they just removed his actual words from the English version of the game. You can switch it to Japanese to hear him talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom