• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimz

Shinoobi said:
How great would it be if they took the time to bring Samus' Prime suits into Brawl as her alternate suits?

4t6f39e.jpg

Pretty great.

Pretty great.

:(
fu*king spoiler for MP3, god damn it

ShockingAlberto said:
I think Diddy's pretty likely for an assist trophy.

If we're going to have a side character from a spin-off of the Mario universe, I'd rather have Mona than Diddy.
Diddy has a pretty high chance to be a character
He's been getting in all the "Mario Games" lately like Mario party and Mario strikers
He's also the only other DK character that has a chance of getting in
Id rather see Diddy than Mona
also what is mona gonna do?
sing Monas pizza?

Dark Ninja said:
Diddy has a pretty high chance to be a character
He's been getting in all the "Mario Games" lately like Mario party and Mario strikers
He's also the only other DK character that has a chance of getting in
Id rather see Diddy than Mona
also what is mona gonna do?
sing Monas pizza?
As opposed to Peach, who had been kicking copious amounts of ass before her appearance in Melee.

ShockingAlberto said:
As opposed to Peach, who had been kicking copious amounts of ass before her appearance in Melee.
face8.gif

what I mean is that people talk about franchises not being represented and the DK series only has 1 representative
Personally I think that Jimmy T would get in before mona
but I wouldn't mind mona being in the game
Wario Ware just has other characters in it that are better

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Dark Ninja said:
face8.gif

what I mean is that people talk about franchises not being represented and the DK series only has 1 representative
Personally I think that Jimmy T would get in before mona
but I wouldn't mind mona being in the game
Wario Ware just has other characters in it that are better

While Wario, DK and Yoshi come from different series they are all part of the same "Mario Universe" so they won't necessarily get more than one playable character.

P.S. What the hell is with the monkeys?

grandjedi6 said:
While Wario, DK and Yoshi come from different series they are all part of the same "Mario Universe" so they won't necessarily get more than one playable character.

P.S. What the hell is with the monkeys?
face27.gif

But they all have seperate Character Icons
and unlike Yoshi
Donkey Kong and Wario have succeded in establishing their own games series
Donkey Kong is pretty much concidered seperate from Mario now
when was the last time you saw Mario and DK in a game together that wasn't the original,DK JR, Mario Party, a sports game

Oh and the monkeys are comment type avatars from a japanese Youtube type site
I Lost the link but I saved all the one's they had
There's a bunch of great expresions
like this one
face7.gif

Scribble

Lol, the "insider" strikes again. He says that Tom Nook will not be a playable character, Sheik will be in and that Lucas will be the next confirmed Newcomer. People are saying that if Lucas comes true, they'll start believing him. This insider was the one who said we'd get one newcomer and one veteran last week.

Just saying =P

Zeed

Banned
Scribble said:
Lol, the "insider" strikes again. He says that Tom Nook will not be a playable character, Sheik will be in and that Lucas will be the next confirmed Newcomer. People are saying that if Lucas comes true, they'll start believing him. This insider was the one who said we'd get one newcomer and one veteran last week.

Just saying =P
Shiek is ALREADY confirmed in, so that's not a risky guess to make. Tom Nook NOT being in - anyone could guess that, he's in the background of a stage already. That leaves just Lucas. Lucas has been speculated for quite a while, but if he does turn out to be the next newcomer...well, yes, then I think his word might be worth taking seriously, though cautiously.

Scribble

Zeed said:
Shiek is ALREADY confirmed in, so that's not a risky guess to make. Tom Nook NOT being in - anyone could guess that, he's in the background of a stage already. That leaves just Lucas. Lucas has been speculated for quite a while, but if he does turn out to be the next newcomer...well, yes, then I think his word might be worth taking seriously, though cautiously.

That's why he seems like such a fake. If he was real, he'd tell us something like "Tuesday's update is the Star Rod update". Guess it's not worth discussing.

Jiggy

Not even Lucas being the next revealed newcomer would do much to prove this guy right, as far as I'm concerned. There was a recent Mother update, so it's not any wildly unlikely prediction to claim a new Mother character.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Not even Lucas being the next revealed newcomer would do much to prove this guy right, as far as I'm concerned. There was a recent Mother update, so it's not any wildly unlikely prediction to claim a new Mother character.
Yes, but no non-insider could possibly have deduced his predictions for last week. If he's a fraud, which is still certainly possible, then he is a really, really lucky fraud. Let's see what happens with Lucas.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Dr.Hadji said:
Sakurai: Hey Retro I need some Samus models.
Retro: Ok cool, here they are.

BAM they're in Brawl. Its so easy it just has to happen.

You ... dont make games, right?

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
No. As much as I believe Sheik is in the game, you believe too quickly.
I'm willing to take Aonuma at his word, provided that the interview was not a mistranslation. The director of Twilight Princess is a lot more believable in my eyes than any random GameFAQs bum. We know that Shiek is in the game, from what we've seen so far Zelda has exactly the same move set, and on top of that Sakurai went through the trouble of having the model updated to match the TP style. For me, all of this taken together indicates only one possible conclusion. It would be an unfathomable waste to throw away a proven move set and create a painstakingly customized character model all for, say, an assist trophy.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
Yes, but no non-insider could possibly have deduced his predictions for last week. If he's a fraud, which is still certainly possible, then he is a really, really lucky fraud. Let's see what happens with Lucas.
He only made one correct prediction, and that was one newcomer profile and one veteran profile in the same week. I don't see how it's impossible for a person to get that much correct, because of these two reasons:
1) It was only the second week since the beginning that the Dojo had zero character profiles, so expecting two in one week to compensate isn't unreasonable.
2) The first time the Dojo had zero character profiles in a week, the week after that also had two: Kirby and Pikachu. So there was precedent.

Now, honestly, I'd be semi-happy if this guy was right because that would confirm Jigglypuff (but I can't go beyond semi-happy because 34 characters isn't enough to me unless there are a load of transformations in there), but right now I see no reason to trust this person. Especially now that he's started dropping "info" about Tom Nook and Sheik. All he's probably doing is taking the things people believe to be true, then passing them off as inside info because he knows that people will believe any rumors that they've already "confirmed" in their own minds. That's my suspicion.

Edit: I don't know how I forgot to mention this the first time, but another reason that the Lucas prediction holds little water even if true is that the forums of Amir0x's Probable Favorite Website, AKA starmen.net, have claimed that they've been told Lucas is in as well, and they did so before this Gamespot guy.

Firestorm

Zeed said:
I'm willing to take Aonuma at his word, provided that the interview was not a mistranslation. The director of Twilight Princess is a lot more believable in my eyes than any random GameFAQs bum. We know that Shiek is in the game, from what we've seen so far Zelda has exactly the same move set, and on top of that Sakurai went through the trouble of having the model updated to match the TP style. For me, all of this taken together indicates only one possible conclusion. It would be an unfathomable waste to throw away a proven move set and create a painstakingly customized character model all for, say, an assist trophy.

Saying they gave him art about the character doesn't confirm a character as playable. Again, I agree Sheik is likely. However, Sheik is not a confirmed character. Likely and confirmed are two different words.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Meta-Knight said:
Yeah sure they worked on 3d models for 2d stickers...

Or it could just be an art that was used for an assist trophy.

At this point it is likely that Sheik is in, but not yet confirmed at all.

Zeed

Banned
ohamsie said:
yeah, there's always a slim chance that the art they were given was for something dumb like the stickers.
Is it technically possible that they designed a unique, updated character model for a sticker? Yes. Is that going to be the case? No, and I think everyone here knows it, they just want to argue semantics.

Chris FOM

As hilarious as the rest of the site is, anyone else think the Classic Brawl game mode he came up with would absolutely kick ass? Sure it would get old fast, but as a novelty it would be freaking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom