• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video just loaded, very nice indeed!

Is there anyway of checking how many hits a site is getting or had?
Would be interesting to know how many people where hitting the Smash site each day!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
fernoca said:
Hmm..
Something weird:
-Those new bad guys looks like they were taken from Kingdom Hearts.
-The team making the game is named: Sora.
-Sora is the main character of Kingdom Hearts.

:p

I don't think we know who the developer is. And isn't it a newly assembled team (thus not Sora)?

Jiggy

grandjedi6 said:
I don't think we know who the developer is. And isn't it a newly assembled team (thus not Sora)?
Top of the site:

"This is the official site for the Wii game Super Smash Bros. Brawl — a place where I offer personal, straight-from-the-creator reports on the project.
-Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.)"

Zeed said:
Fuck you!

winner.jpg

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Top of the site:

"This is the official site for the Wii game Super Smash Bros. Brawl — a place where I offer personal, straight-from-the-creator reports on the project.
-Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.)"
That's just a plug for his company, that's not the developer working on the game. Sora was formed before the special SSBB developer was created.

fernoca

grandjedi6 said:
The name of the newly assembled team is Sora (Sora Ltd. actually)..only we don't know the actual team making it...just the name of the team...

EDIT:
Hmm..let me see what I can dig around..conflicting info.. :(

Sakurai founded Sora on September 2005, a few months after being asked to work in Smash Bros. 3....
UPDATE:
Sora Ltd. is a Japanese video game developer founded by former HAL Laboratory employee Masahiro Sakurai.

The company was formed in the years following Masahiro Sakurai's resignation from his position at HAL Laboratory, Inc..

Masahiro Sakurai is currently working on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The involvement of Sora Ltd. in this game is unknown.

You know, at the risk of sounding like a GameFAQs poster, I'm going to call Sora as a playable character. I mean, this whole "Shapeless dark enemies that want to suck a series of previously unconnected worlds" is just begging for Sora to make an appearance.

Sorry guys, but that's my crazy theory.

EDIT: Damn, I didn't realize I was beaten 17 posts up.

Leezard

Keru_Shiri said:
You know, at the risk of sounding like a GameFAQs poster, I'm going to call Sora as a playable character. I mean, this whole "Shapeless dark enemies that want to suck a series of previously unconnected worlds" is just begging for Sora to make an appearance.

Sorry guys, but that's my crazy theory.

At least we would be able to say it's impossible if there never was that Kingdom Hearts game for the GBA.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
For those of you who can't get the video to load, here is a play-by-play:

Mario, Kirby, Peach, and Zelda watch as "The Ancient Minister" flies down from the ship.
He drops off the Subspace Bomb and flies away, back to the ship.
ROBs come out and activate the bomb. Closeup of bomb timer as a countdown begins.
Mario immediately runs forward to the bomb... but stops and turns when he hears a loud noise.
A cannonball suddenly gets shot in the stadium and hits Mario, sending him shooting off into the sky.
Kirby goes o.o
Kirby turns around... Peach and Zelda are in cages, suspended in the air by...
A giant-ass Petey Piranha is holding their cages and he roars at Kirby, who goes o.o

Pretty crazy!

Another crazy thought: Does it seem like, to anyone else, that there may be more than one stoyline? I might be reading too much into a translation, but I can't help but wonder how many different 1P mode storylines there will be.

MrCheez

Although Petey Piranha is awesome looking in this cinema... I really hate the character. :lol PLEASE let him be a single player boss ONLY. Really don't want to see him playable. Doesn't seem likely though, so I'm not too worried.

However if he is just a single player boss... it definitely seems like the new Adventure Mode will feature a number of real Nintendo characters as bosses. Will this be where we see Ridley?

And to speculate about all of this even further... isn't it weird that Mario, Peach, and Zelda get 'taken out' in this cinema? What happens if you're playing as one of them... it wouldn't make any sense after watching this scene. MAYBE each character has a different opening and this is Kirbys, since all the focus seems to be on him at the end? (This seems like it would take a lot of resources and effort on Sakurai's team's part... but... hmmm)

Jiggy

That was some really awesome stuff. :eek:
TWO captured princesses, and who has to save them? Yeah, that's right. Kirby. Get Mario's overrated self out of the stadium to make room for the true sidescrolling Nintendo hero, the man blob of a thousand powers. Delightful. :D

GamerSoul

:O
I was not expecting this. I'll watch the vid in the morning so i'll have another thing to look forward to waking up :lol . it's the last day of summer for me :/

Edit:Oops, me forgets it's tommorow already

MrCheez

I wonder how this ties into the "This World..."/Trophy stuff. At first it seemed like the Subspace Army was coming to police the "trophy fights", but now this update says they are trying to cut the world apart and take it into subspace?

Maybe the trophy fights is part of their motive for trying to steal parts of the world? *shrugs*

Linkhero1

Anyone else thinking
Kaptain K. Rool shot the canon?
I don't remember anyone else
shooting canons
in in other game besides DKC.

Leezard

Keru_Shiri said:
Another crazy thought: Does it seem like, to anyone else, that there may be more than one stoyline? I might be reading too much into a translation, but I can't help but wonder how many different 1P mode storylines there will be.

That's what I thought when I read this update as well... Would be great if it had multiple storylines.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
MrCheez said:
And to speculate about all of this even further... isn't it weird that Mario, Peach, and Zelda get 'taken out' in this cinema? What happens if you're playing as one of them... it wouldn't make any sense after watching this scene. MAYBE each character has a different opening and this is Kirbys, since all the focus seems to be on him at the end? (This seems like it would take a lot of resources and effort on Sakurai's team's part... but... hmmm)

I dunno. It might all be one connected story. So if you play as Mario it will cut to a different video after he gets knocked away. But if you play as Kirby you have to save Peach and Zelda? I'm not sure how that would work for Peach and Zelda as playable characters when they're in cages. There was definitely a point to showing Mario in the group and having him dealt with quickly.

Zeed

Banned
Leezard said:
That's what I thought when I read this update as well... Would be great if it had multiple storylines.
I actually think it has a linear storyline. For instance, you start off as Kirby, and then it might flash to Mario, wherever he got knocked off to, etc.

Jiggy

Linkhero1 said:
Anyone else thinking
shooting canons
Airships in SMB3 shoot cannonballs. :p

MrCheez

Linkhero1 said:
Anyone else thinking
shooting canons

Really interesting idea, but if you pause the video when the cannonball is being shot, it looks like its coming from the silhouette of Petey (from his mouth specifically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom