• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkhero1

Ravidrath said:
No, because Nintendo's distancing itself from that DKC crap as fast as possible, as witnessed by the fact that the DK stage is from Jungle Beat.
It saddens me that they did that. I loved the DKC series.

Gowans

roster.jpg

Looks like a healthy roster! :D

Ril

I'm calling BS. One major flaw in the selection screen: if these are the default characters, then why are the icons so spread apart? Other than that, looks very professional. I was almost convinced.

Linkhero1

Ril said:
I'm calling BS. One major flaw in the selection screen: if these are the default characters, then why are the icons so spread apart? Other than that, looks very professional. I was almost convinced.
so true.

ant1532 said:
No, they are already working on ideas and that but no hard stuff from that Q&A. Miyamoto said "no, idiot. It's too early !" to Aonuma when he asked "Could I say some of my ideas for the next Zelda I have?"

Ahà. Thanks for the precision. My only fear is that the Wii will not have a second Zelda build from the "new" hardware.

Twig

Banned
I call fake if only because Wario has his own franchise icon in SSBB. Why would he then be grouped between Luigi and Bowser, both of the "Mario" franchise?

Dur.

Pretty good-looking, though.

Ril said:

They seem organized by franchise so it seems possible. At least I want it to be possible.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Ril said:

They seem like arranged by franchise...
I_want_to_believe.jpg

EDIT : Image changed as the fact that Wario is between Luigi and Bowser+ the fact that it looks A LOT like the one for Melee calls for a fake...

Linkhero1 said:
Anyone else thinking
Kaptain K. Rool shot the canon?
I don't remember anyone else
shooting canons
in in other game besides DKC.

WOW. This would be awesome !!!

jj984jj said:
I wonder why Kirby was left alone, maybe Meta Knight will show up after the cut scene?

No, simply Kirby is a big idiot that doesn't react

MGrant

Fake as shit. There aren't any markers showing which characters they picked, and the "names" update already showed the background to be light colored.

Twig

Banned
But dudes I just pointed out they AREN'T arranged by franchise. ):

Also it looks a little awkward compared to this:
various02_070628b.jpg

Could've been changed between now and then, but I doubt it.

/shrug

Who knows.

Saitou

Banned
I'm calling bullshit.

It doesn't feel right to have the screen filled with ??? marks and the few playable characters being so far apart. I think SSBM's system to be much better, I still remember how surprised I was when the secret spots would just keep coming back.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah having the main characters segregated within all the secret ones goes against any fighting game notion ever.

Nice try though

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The thing that clinches it as fake for me is the Ganondorf image. Someone's got an avatar around here, maybe it used to be TSA, with that EXACT image. It's straight out of TP. And while yes Ganondorf would use the TP model, it wouldn't be a direct rip from an existing render.

Zeed

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
I call fake if only because Wario has his own franchise icon in SSBB. Why would he then be grouped between Luigi and Bowser, both of the "Mario" franchise?

Dur.
Yeah I noticed that too. Fake. As. Shit.

hirokazu

Also, IIRC in Melee any characters that weren't unlocked yet wouldn't appear on the character select screen, so there were no ? boxes ever right...? or is my memory failing me...?

EDIT: nvm, the clones did not show up on the character select screen until they were unlocked, the rest did have ? boxes. Still, probably fake...

readytofight.jpg

Tim-E

hirokazu said:
Also, IIRC in Melee any characters that weren't unlocked yet wouldn't appear on the character select screen, so there were no ? boxes ever right...? or is my memory failing me...?

No, you're right.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
So... isn't that Leizpig (sp?) game show tomorrow? Should we expect any Smash announcements?

Zeed

Banned
MrCheez said:
So... isn't that Leizpig (sp?) game show tomorrow? Should we expect any Smash announcements?
There's going to be a demo which will be stolen.

I actually have no idea but I'm not holding my breath.

MrCheez said:

I wouldn't expect much, to be honest. Smash hardly had a presence at E3, it'll most likely be the same with tomorrow. Honestly, the daily updates make up for that.

Now, in terms of Mario Galaxy info, that might happen.

Zeed

Banned
BrandNew said:
I wouldn't expect much, to be honest. Smash hardly had a presence at E3, it'll most likely be the same with tomorrow. Honestly, the daily updates make up for that.
Yeah no one in their right mind would trade a mere trailer for these daily updates.

MrCheez

BrandNew said:

Now, in terms of Mario Galaxy info, that might happen.

Nintendo's excuse for why it was barely shown no longer holds though.. (They said they didn't want it to steal attention from their new properties at E3, or some BS..)

But you're right in that it's best not to get our hopes up. :(

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
MrCheez said:
I prefer having these daily updates instead of one big trailer at each gaming convention.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Gowans007 said:
roster.jpg

Looks like a healthy roster! :D
If only that was real. There were 25 characters in the last game i think. It would be great if they doubled the number of the characters in the game, but I doubt its going to happen.

Gowans

yeah as stated under the post (with the source) I had doubts but hey good to share,

guess its 100% fake then, the lengths some people go to :lol

MrCheez

psycho_snake said:
I prefer having these daily updates instead of one big trailer at each gaming convention.

The daily updates are awesome, but gaming conventions have the potential to give us new gameplay videos (something the site never seems to update with) and possibly a playable demo! :eek: I can't wait to actually hear some hands-on impressions.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
While I doubt that picture is real, I really like the small icons and such; like the gamecube controller and the smooth space to put your name etc. I hope the final version looks somewhat similar in design. I somehow doubt they would use those pictures for the selected characters though, it's especially worthy of skepticism since those are all previously released promo hi-rez pictures. The thumbnail pics are old too.

I'd don't like the top of the screen though, there should be something more there and it feels like it's breaking with the bottom part which is properly revised from the melee version.

MrCheez

Plus I really expect we're going to see a white character select screen, since the few official menu shots we've seen so far have all been on a white background. (Including the one character select screen mockup on Dojo... so yeah, it's a really safe bet :p )

White will look really nice I think, and should do well to separate it from the Melee and 64 screens... will make it feel really 'new' I think. :)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
everything about wii and nintendo is white nowadays... I don't know if Brawl will have as much white/pale blue as the dojo may imply though. I think it will go for a darker and more diverse color palette.

M3wThr33

Banned
Saitou said:
I'm calling bullshit.

It doesn't feel right to have the screen filled with ??? marks and the few playable characters being so far apart. I think SSBM's system to be much better, I still remember how surprised I was when the secret spots would just keep coming back.

At Cube Clubs when SSBM was playable before it came out, it had the same ? for the unrevealed characters and similar distributions.

Neomoto

Hehe great update. Love the way Mario is shooted off and Kirby just stands there like he doesn't have a clue at what to do. Nice touch with the two R.O.B.'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom