• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

Bert409 said:
Metroid still needs a second character(ZSS is not stand-alone), so Ridley still has a big chance to make it in. He's about the same size of SSBB Bowser anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, Mother Brain, Kraid, and/or Crocomire would make way cooler boss fights.

I've heard that the hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters may have a shot.
:/ Sylux may be cool.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I really dont see why each franchise shouldnt be represented by a boss character in some sort ... maybe Zent (or Zant? I forgot, from Twilight Princess) will make it in?

BigFwoosh

There's always the chance of having a generic space pirate as a playable character. I think that'd be pretty sweet if they don't end up including Ridley or another major character from the franchise. Not too sure what the final smash would be though...

Zeed

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
I really dont see why each franchise shouldnt be represented by a boss character in some sort ... maybe Zent (or Zant? I forgot, from Twilight Princess) will make it in?
I'm thinking that you fight Gannondorf, and after you beat him you play a segment as him (and unlock him for use in versus mode). This would be a great way to unlock various villains. For instance we could have the Pokemon Trainer battling through the Cerulean Cave and confront Mewtwo at the end (and maybe catch him, unlocking him).

Last update was awesome. I imagine that they could pick up any boss from, say, the Zelda series, to make him battle there. Old school Trident equipped Ganon, OoT Dual Swords equipped Ganon, or a couple of TartKnuckles would be infinitely cool as bosses.

BigFwoosh said:
There's always the chance of having a generic space pirate as a playable character. I think that'd be pretty sweet if they don't end up including Ridley or another major character from the franchise. Not too sure what the final smash would be though...

Simple : the Space Pirate armada pops up out of nowhere and nuke the place. Or they could unleashs a bunch of aborted and extremely dangerous experiments subjects all over the place.

Zeed

Banned
reputation_pos.gif
Jonk
Banned
(Today, 07:01 PM)
Reply | Quote

'Bout time.

Rocksteady33 said:
I've always wondered who Majora was. After all, his mask alone was pretty badass. It'd be quite awesome if they ever gave us a Zelda game where we actually fought Majora himself. Barring that, Skull Kid wearing Majora's mask has been suggested before, and that could work too:

ChrisGraham_skullkidmodel.png

zoku88

devilhawk said:
I think a better single player game will be a huge reason this sells through the roof
Nah, I think most ppl would still buy even if it didn't have any single player portion at all...

DavidDayton said:
I thought Majora referred to an entire tribe/race of folks, not an individual.

The mask was used by an acient tribe for rituals and such until they figured out it was up to no good so they sealed it up. It belonged to the actual "Majora" before they got the mask and used it.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
dragon_feces said:
The mask was used by an acient tribe for rituals and such until they figured out it was up to no good so they sealed it up. It belonged to the actual "Majora" before they got the mask and used it.

That could very well be true, but I don't think the game itself ever explains that. I should go replay it...

DavidDayton said:
That could very well be true, but I don't think the game itself ever explains that. I should go replay it...

Yeah doesn't directly say the part about it belonging to this mysterious guy before the tribe but it's kind of implied...that's what I got from it anways.

Great game by the way and hoping for some more Majora's Mask related stuff in Brawl.

Scribble

Teasel said:
regarding kirby bosses,they could use the more popular one
150px-Kracko.gif

100px-Kirbys_Dream_Land_Whispy.png

I agree. They don't have to use the "main boss" of each franchise. They could use the most popular ones instead. I'd rather Whispy Woods over Dark Matter, tbqh

Leezard

Scribble said:
I agree. They don't have to use the "main boss" of each franchise. They could use the most popular ones instead. I'd rather Whispy Woods over Dark Matter, tbqh

So true. Petey piranha isn't even a "main boss", so Sakurai doesn't seem set on that either.

Jiggy

Scribble said:
Eh, Wispy's been in the background of Kirby levels twice, so he's gotten enough exposure. Maybe Kracko could work, for a non-main Kirby boss.

Zeed

Banned
First post of Page 300! Woot, what a milestone!

NECA0011~300-Posters.jpg

dragon_feces said:
That's pretty interesting, I've never heard of that before. Where did you read this?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
BigFwoosh said:

I really really like this idea! I don't know why, but I've always thought the space pirates were pretty rad. Just love their insect-alien look and the noises they make. :lol

Zeed said:
First post of Page 300! Woot, what a milestone!

Woo hoo! We should be proud of ourselves! :D

ShockingAlberto said:
You know, something just occurred to me.

What if Zelda's Final Smash is Sheik?

Unlikely, imo. This is TP Zelda, my probable guess for her FS is to call on Midna for support and cause massive magical damage to everyone.

Zeed

Banned
flipping_heck said:
Unlikely, imo. This is TP Zelda, my probable guess for her FS is to call on Midna for support and cause massive magical damage to everyone.
I still say it'll involve her Triforce piece. Link shoots out a beam from his Triforce that traps them so that he can slash the hell out of people - I think Zelda will shoot a beam from her Triforce that traps them so that she can fire a volley of Light Arrows. Or something. The Triforce will be involved anyway.

Scribble

And Ganondorf's Triforce piece will turn him into Ganon?

Thinking about it now, it's pretty cool that Ganon's the villain, yet he still has a piece of the Triforce attributed to him. =X

Edit:

I like Bowser Jr. I like the little bandanna thing that he hangs around his mouth. Cool design, even though he's just a miniature Bowser. I hope we see grown up Koopalings as bosses in Galaxy, btw =P

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I'd like Bowser Jr. if his inclusion didn't require Nintendo to completely forget about the Koopalings existence, which they seem to have done.

Not to mention that his design looks almost identical to Baby Bowser. Blah!

Zeed

Banned
Scribble said:
Probably. That'd make sense, even though I hope that they don't overuse the "transformation" type of Final Smash.

In other news, Jonk just sent me a really long, angry letter using someone else's account!

Jonk said:
I see that you decided to get a friend to pull a favor for you under double standards after your actions and statements. I didn't mean for my words to hurt you that bad for you to go complain about it in a backhanded manner.

I apologize that you do not believe me and the information I was relayed to when at NoA by Nintendo themselves (check the recent issue of NP to see proof of that visit and conversation). Frankly I don't care what you think and if you think I am a fraud, but I am trying to inform those that do care and are looking forward to MOTHER 3 and EarthBound in other forms. I have proved myself before (and to note, for reasons we were requested by those at Nintendo, not say specifically what was being revealed earlier) so let go whatever vendetta you have other than proving your immaturity.

I would hope that you will learn to stay out of these forays if you feel they do not pertain to you and your interests other than wanting to cause trouble. I am sorry you felt sore for me being correct the previous time and that you can not accept that I do know more about you when it comes to a few things concerning Super Smash Bros Brawl. Whatever the case, deal with it instead of being immature, stating curse words and yelling BS all the time. Its unfounded, you prove nothing more than your hotheadedness, and causes more trouble than you need to make. I had sources and people to back me up but you still caused trouble. Why not make the NeoGAF community more positive and approach it more maturely and ask for sources instead of thinking the whole world is moronic and full of it. You just prove that you are more of that than anyone else, and you seem to be doing a very good job that.

Good day, and enjoy your temporary (and short-lived) perk of my absence.
I didn't bother reading all of it, but the point seems to be that I'm evil and that he'll be back. *shrug*

I dunno what Jonk did specifically, but just speaking in general, I'm sick of posters with the whole Nighttrainish-"I know lots and lots of stuff, and I won't tell you what it is, but rather just keep bringing up the fact that I know it, and drop cute little vague *wink, wink* hints about it," attitude.

Zeed

Banned
IAmtheFMan said:
I dunno what Jonk did specifically, but just speaking in general, I'm sick of posters with the whole Nighttrainish-"I know lots and lots of stuff, and I won't tell you what it is, but rather just keep bringing up the fact that I know it, and drop cute little vague *wink, wink* hints about it," attitude.
In a nutshell, he said he knew "things" that Nintendo told him, but couldn't be specific about what they were, and promised a really big (but unspecified) Earthbound update soon. When nothing turned up for a while, he went back and edited all of his posts, saying that Nintendo was making him change them. Then the Franklin Badge was revealed and he claimed that he knew about it all along and that that was the huge surprise he was talking about, and that we all sucked for doubting him.

This post pretty much sums up GAF's response.

Insaniac

Insaniac said:
so whats the verdict on widescreen? I know I don't think we've had official confirmation either way, but with some things like the Donkey Konga level, the Devil Assist trophy and all the non FMV screenshots being 4:3, it seems widescreen is a no go?

Scribble

o_o; drama

I'm playing Star Fox Command at the moment, and I have to say, I STILL don't like Krystal as a character. She's so wooden. I mean, when she first appeared in Command, I thought she was being mind controlled. But then again, I guess that most of the Star Fox characters seem rather lame after 64. Falco isn't the sarcastic bastard he used to be, and I hate the direction they took with Wolf. May be just down to lame translation, though. It's becoming another "Fox and his shitty friends" deal =X

I don't know, I hate Krystal as a character, but I guess she should have a slot in Brawl. Fox, Falco and Krystal.

Insaniac

Scribble said:

Thinking about it now, it's pretty cool that Ganon's the villain, yet he still has a piece of the Triforce attributed to him. =X

Edit:

I like Bowser Jr. I like the little bandanna thing that he hangs around his mouth. Cool design, even though he's just a miniature Bowser. I hope we see grown up Koopalings as bosses in Galaxy, btw =P

For Zelda, I'd wager it'll be something to do with either The Sages or Din/Nayru/Farorae (howeverits spelled). I'd lean more towards the goddesses because they're a main theme in every zelda game, while the sages were mostly Oot.

I actually hope ganondorf's isn't a simple transformation into ganon, it's too boring, he needs something totally awesome :)

zealous

Banned
hahaha, wow,

edrama indeed! :lol

How GAF has blow what was posted out of proportion. Again people here hoping for megaton from small statements. Nice twisted perspective on the events that occured Zeed. I must say, you have one vivid imgination and a zeal for reprimanding.

I can see the annoyance of the inside news, so it is understood especially not being officially released by the media. The recent posts seems that it was only reference what was stated as news from other sites. The validity of the info can be seen as nothing, especially with other gaming sites pulling so-called big news with nothing in the end. This definitely supports IamtheFman's perspective.

I guess no one will ever convince the NeoGAF of anything unless it's up in their face! :lol

As with brawl stuff, I want to see something going on with the Yoshi Stampede, that Melee intro seemed to be a great thing or something with the fruit theme like in yoshi story. Full of COLOR!

Edited for stupid grammar mistakes :p

Zeed

Banned
zealous said:
hahaha, wow,

edrama indeed! :lol

How GAF has blow what was posted out of proportion hoping for megaton once again from small statements. Nice twisted perspective on the events that occured Zeed. I must say, you have one vivid imgination and a zeal for reprimanding if you look back at what occured.

I can see the annoyance of it, so it is understood especially not being officially released by the media. The recent posts seems that it was only reference what was stated as news from other sites, but the validity can bee seen as nothing, especially with other gaming sites pulling so-called big news with nothing in the end.

It guess no one will ever convince the NeoGAF of anything unless it's up in their face! :lol

As melee stuff, I want to see something going on with the Yoshi Stampede, that Melee intro seemed to be a great thing or something with the fruit theme like in yoshi story. Full of COLOR!
Erm...what?

zealous said:
I'm an asshat
dude. just stfu, your obviously that other douche. Stop posting huge rants over absolute bullshit. No one is on your side. NO ONE. And ending your posts with completely worthless comments about the game just to justify the post makes you an even bigger prick.

I hope luigis fireballs stay green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom