• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohamsie

Christ, the more Pokemon that appear in the game, the more fun the pokeball item is going to be.

And the other franchises HAVE their own pokeball-like item. It is called an ASSIST TROPHY.

Firestorm

Zerodoppler said:
When a fourteen-year-old kid on the internet corrects your grammar and spelling, that's when you know you should've paid more attention in school.

19. It's the number you get when you add 5 to 14.

Speevy said:
A) Quality, or the type of quality Nintendo is known for.
B) Nostalgia for things I remember playing as a kid.
C) The sort of kickass character a 24 year old adult such as myself can find appealing on any level whatsoever.

A) You obviously have never played a Pokemon game, Pokemon Diamond is probably one of the highest quality games for DS out at the moment.
B) You may be 3 years my senior but Pokemon is a huge part of my childhood. The franchise is over 10 years old now.
C)
150_mewtwo.jpg

006_blaziken.jpg

Don't even..

Firestorm

Zerodoppler said:
Whatever. Kids are kids.

Actually, at 18 you are considered an adult in many parts of the world. In my province, you are considered an adult at the age of 19. This means that there is in fact a difference between 14 and 19. The statement "kids are kids" does not apply here.

AMUSIX

OK, I'm a little confused here. It seems Speevy is worried that there will be too much emphasis on Pokemon in Smash Bros, but I'm not sure what he's using to balance it against.

OK, right now, we know of two characters from the Pokemon series, right? This matches the number of characters from the Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda, and Kirby series. So, what? Is he suggesting that Pokemon is not as prominent as these?

From Mario, we know of five, this, being Nintendo's flagship series, is to be expected.

Oh, and until a character is revealed, anything more is pure speculation...so is Speevy just upset that there exists a single item from the Pokemon series?

I'm still confused.

Rindain said:
But the main problem I have with pokemon in SSBB is that there is no equivalent to pokeballs for the other franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc). The presence of pokeballs at the expense of appearances of recognizable characters/objects from the other main games makes SSBB seem like some kind of Smash Bros/Pokemon hybrid game, not a Smash Bros game where every franchise gets its time in the spotlight.
Assist Trophies, anyone? I don't know about you, but to me they seemed exactly like the rest of the franchises' answer to Poké Balls that you're talking about. And I get the feeling that there will be a lot more Assist Trophy characters than Poké Ball Pokémon. Just think of the two as one item that has two appearances.

shaft said:
Can we stop the pokemon discussion already? It's almost time for a new update :D

I agree :D In my opinion, for such a large francise, It is pretty balanced among the other ones. In Melee, I never though of Pokemon being that big. It was a decent level. Also, shouldn't we be predicting by now? We've gotten off schedule guys, come on! :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mejilan said:
Are downloadable versions of those new songs going to be made available at some point? Just curious.
Chances are Nintendo will release another compilation of the songs, preformed by the New Japan Philharmonic Concert, and it will be better than the actual tracks used in game.

cvxfreak

Mejilan said:
Are downloadable versions of those new songs going to be made available at some point? Just curious.

If they repeat Melee, then the tracks can be played separately from the main game and a rip can be made.

Zerodoppler said:
Whatever. Kids are kids.

Nice logical fallacy there.

AMUSIX

shaft said:
Can we stop the pokemon discussion already? It's almost time for a new update :D
my apologies....since this is my first prediction, I'm going to go with...umm...assist trophy: Mai's Bouncing Chest from KoF.

What?

Ok, Ok, fine...officially I'm going with Ness...seems about time for him.

Firestorm

AMUSIX said:
my apologies....since this is my first prediction, I'm going to go with...umm...assist trophy: Mai's Bouncing Chest from KoF.

What?

Ok, Ok, fine...officially I'm going with Ness...seems about time for him.

Hard to be time for a character who won't be in the game!

Haunted

Firestorm said:
Amir0x bans you in 3..2..1...
:p

shaft said:
good man! Too bad I already predicted twice to get this thread back on track just when the '# of Pokemons in Brawl Attack/Defence Forces' entered and fucked shit up! :lol

Third time's a charm, though.... Offensive item. Fire Flower.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Haunted One said:
Amir0x bans you in 3..2..1...
:p

good man! Too bad I already predicted twice to get this thread back on track just when the '# of Pokemons in Brawl Attack/Defence Forces' entered and fucked shit up! :lol

Third time's a charm, though.... Offensive item. Fire Flower.

They dont post old items unless theres something new about them, like the crates.
Thought people had figured this out already :|

Firestorm said:

I don't really know why you goes think that Ness isn't going to be in the game. He was in the last 2 and everybody sence the first one is probably going to be in this game like melee.

You might argue that Lucas will replace him. Hmmmmm... Might, but I really doubt it. Look to who they are marketing to.. There are really two groups:

1. The "oldies"-type guys that stuck it out through the kinda rough spots of Nintendo. This game is almost ( Please don't yell at me) like fanservice to fans. YES, I relize it is not. Beleve me I REALLY want to play brawl, it is going to be awesome!

Maybe 13....14 kinda 15ish +

2. The kinda youngish maybe younger brother/sister type people. They look it up and Ness is nowhare to be seen, replaced by some other guy "of the same series" . Ness has really only won popularity in America because of SSB. Honestly. Earthbound/Mother has never been made in America.

6...7...8.. to maybe 11ish

Why make a change if they don't have too? I honestly don't care either way. I hope this is kind of cleared it up. Can we now stop argueing if you think either side? It doesn't really matter anyway. It is just a game. Literally. :D

EDIT: Ready for you guys to yell at me... :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Frozen Fire said:
I don't really know why you goes think that Ness isn't going to be in the game. He was in the last 2 and everybody sence the first one is probably going to be in this game like melee.

You might argue that Lucas will replace him. Hmmmmm... Might, but I really doubt it. Look to who they are marketing to.. There are really two groups:

1. The "oldies"-type guys that stuck it out through the kinda rough spots of Nintendo. This game is almost ( Please don't yell at me) like fanservice to fans. YES, I relize it is not. Beleve me I REALLY want to play brawl, it is going to be awesome!

Maybe 13....14 kinda 15ish +

2. The kinda youngish maybe younger brother/sister type people. They look it up and Ness is nowhare to be seen, replaced by some other guy "of the same series" . Ness has really only won popularity in America because of SSB. Honestly. Earthbound/Mother has never been made in America.

6...7...8.. to maybe 11ish

Why make a change if they don't have too? I honestly don't care either way. I hope this is kind of cleared it up. Can we now stop argueing if you think either side? It doesn't really matter anyway. It is just a game. Literally. :D

EDIT: Ready for you guys to yell at me... :lol

Hes just being a jerk.

Haunted

Raging Spaniard said:
They dont post old items unless theres something new about them, like the crates.
Thought people had figured this out already :|
Why do you think there won't be anything new about the Fire Flower? Maybe it'll shoot fireballs instead of a flame cone this time (or something)?

Firestorm said:
There's still 6 hours until the update. Plenty of time to bitch and moan.
Now you're just being a jerk.

Raging Spaniard

Haunted One said:
Why do you think there won't be anything new about the Fire Flower? Maybe it'll shoot fireballs instead of a flame cone this time (or something)?

Fire Flower now shooting little peni on fire CONFIRMED

Tim-E

Frozen Fire said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EarthBound
Release date(s) JPN August 27, 1994 [1]
NA June 1, 1995 [2]

JPN June 20, 2003 (GBA port)

Really?

I really can't wait till the next update so we can actually talk about something.....
I am really bored. :lol

EDIT:

Originally Posted by Frozen Fire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EarthBound
Quote:
Release date(s) JPN August 27, 1994 [1]
NA June 1, 1995 [2]

JPN June 20, 2003 (GBA port)

Really?

Gah... :D I knew I must have mest up on something!

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
So where's Sonic at?
I'M SICK OF YOU ONE-POST WONDERS COMING IN HERE AND SULLYING UP THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR WANTON DREAMS OF SONIC AND ONLINE PLAY! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN ALL WE HAD WAS BANANA PEEL AND KIRBY PHOTOSHOPS TO KEEP US WARM FOR THE DAY?

kirbutashi said:
I'M SICK OF YOU ONE-POST WONDERS COMING IN HERE AND SULLYING UP THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR WANTON DREAMS OF SONIC AND ONLINE PLAY! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN ALL WE HAD WAS BANANA PEEL AND KIRBY PHOTOSHOPS TO KEEP US WARM FOR THE DAY?

ROTFL!!!! :lol

I hope they don't put every item/pokemon on the site before its release date; would be kinda disapointing to already know everything about the game before playing it.

Haunted

kirbutashi said:
The banana peel update was fucking hilarious. Screenshot poetry, my friend.

Raging Spaniard

I predict stage.

btw, it should be noted that predicting stage = you have no fucking clue wtf is coming, so you predict stage.

Speevy

Banned
My only day off this week is tomorrow. That means I get to stay up and witness the update first-hand.

And that almost invariably means: Crappy item

Haunted

These predictions are all too vague. Worthless. What stage? Which character? What part of how to play? One should at least predict the franchise the stage/character/etc. is coming from.

Otherwise, it's just too weak.

Greenpanda said:
I'm predicting Sticker: Ridley.
yeah, that's how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom