• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

He's banned so we can't see his reaction. Well, hopefully his brain registered that there was no "WARNING CHALLENGER APPROACHING" first and no hopes went up.

Oh well g'nite.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Mr. Pointy said:
Zeed Suicide Watch

:lol

Poor guy.

What a waste of potential though! She really should have been playable. But like some have said, this is better than her not being in the game at all. :p

Tristam

Danthrax said:
The way he words his post, it looks like your character doesn't disappear when you use an Assist Trophy.

Actually, it doesn't appear to be ambiguous at all: "If you call her forth as your ally, grab your enemies to make them easier for her to hit." This is absolutely confirmation that your character is still in the action when you call an assist trophy. Or perhaps it varies among assist trophies?

I anticipate an initial upswing in posting rate for this thread, followed by a huge drop after Zeed incapacitates himself.

Edit: so he's banned. But it appears we're making it up for him.

Jiggy

On a non-Zeed-related note, after seeing this, I'm very sad because this means that despite having a probable load of FE music, her theme in particular probably won't be in the game--and it needs to be because it's fantastic and deserving of real Wii-quality MIDI, none of this GBA stuff.
Also after seeing this, Micaiah or Elincia or even Mia had better well be in SSBB or the Fire Emblem series is going to get presented unfairly again. For a series with so many female characters to choose from...

Okay, okay, back to Zeed. There's always hope, man. :( Maybe some assist trophies are hints of who we'll see playable in SSB4. Like Pit as a trophy in SSBM, and... yeah. :(

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
ASSIST TROPHY? Fuck, I was so excited when I saw Lyn and none of the pictures had loaded. I'm beginning to question my prior assumption that Sakurai is indeed God.

PkunkFury

they clearly wanted new female characters in the game, what with Samus losing her suit, Zelda getting fighting moves and all :( It's a shame that an actual, playable, important female character from a Nintendo game won't make the cut. This is the second lost opportunity since Diddy showed up without Dixie as a partner... who's left?

Dreavus

Dang I had another "Goroh" moment.

*Checks RSS feed title* LYN? HOLY SHI-AWESOME

*Sees actual page* Awww man!

Perhaps they should make the assist trophy titles different? Such as "Trophy - Lyn" or something like that. Might significantly reduce heart attacks. :lol

SantaC

I am starting to get annoyed by the daily updates. People just bitch and moan because they don't agree of what's going to be in the game and not.

ohamsie

I am going to predict that this week will be an all item week, with the exception of maybe a fridayton. It is going to be glorious.

Oh my Zeed :lol

But, could someone find the text of Zeed´s and my bet?
I dont know if the bet was about "playable" characters. If not, i have to go on a 1 month ban :)

Mgoblue201

SantaC said:
I am starting to get annoyed by the daily updates. People just bitch and moan because they don't agree of what's going to be in the game and not.
I almost never bitch, but ever since Fire Emblem came out Lyn has been the only character that I really, really wanted playable in SSBB. I'm actually pretty disappointed about this.

RagnarokX

Mgoblue201 said:
ASSIST TROPHY? Fuck, I was so excited when I saw Lyn and none of the pictures had loaded. I'm beginning to question my prior assumption that Sakurai is indeed God.
Try paying attention to the color of the update?

Mgoblue201

RagnarokX said:
Try paying attention to the color of the update?
What color? The picture hadn't loaded yet. All I saw was the name Lyn. I might've been too excited to notice anyway.

Jiggy

PkunkFury said:
It's a shame that an actual, playable, important female character from a Nintendo game won't make the cut. This is the second lost opportunity since Diddy showed up without Dixie as a partner... who's left?
Dixie without Diddy as a partner, Daisy, Micaiah.

Normally I'd say Sami too, since she's stupendous, but then the whole problem is that first they'd have to add Andy to represent Advance Wars, and he's harder to work with. Only way I see Sami getting in at this point is if she's like Pokemon Trainer and just kind of stands in the background ordering an infantry or mech unit around (since they're her specialty, this would make sense) and building up her CO Powers.

...Yeah, they kind of botched this up, not having Lyn playable. :/ At least everything else in the game is awesome, but still. The number of worthwhile females to add is dwindling. I realize it's Smash Bros., but really now.

Mgoblue201 said:
I almost never bitch, but ever since Fire Emblem came out Lyn has been the only character that I really, really wanted playable in SSBB. I'm actually pretty disappointed about this.
Same. I mean, I loved the Smoke Ball update. Seriously.

(At least, I guess I can say Lyn is the only playable character I really wanted who could also be recognized as a reasonably likely pick. Marin's not happening anywhere outside my fanboy dreams, and Sami probably isn't either.)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
PkunkFury said:
Zelda getting fighting moves and all

Wait.. did I miss something? From the little we've seen, Zelda is identical to her Melee version so far, right?

(Aside from rampant silly Shiek-is-gone speculation.)

Mgoblue201

SantaC said:
and how often is a playable character shown? once every month?
Three completely new characters were revealed in a three week span only a month ago.

Oh well, I'm not that disappointed. It was just one of my few requests and the one I was most hoping for.

And I certainly don't "rate" updates. I'm fine with whatever they chose to reveal.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
MasterMFauli said:
Oh my Zeed :lol

But, could someone find the text of Zeed´s and my bet?
I dont know if the bet was about "playable" characters. If not, i have to go on a 1 month ban :)

You're gonna lose buddy

MasterMFauli said:
Wait, let me clarify the bet:

- Micaia or Sothe in = I win
- Marth or Lyn in = You win
- One or more from each sides = Tie

But what if just Lyn and Marth arent in? That´s what i said for sure ;-)

But even without that, i accept your bet.
What does a 1 month ban mean to me, anyway ^^

Tristam

Jiggy37 said:

Normally I'd say Sami too, since she's stupendous, but then the whole problem is that first they'd have to add Andy to represent Advance Wars, and he's harder to work with. Only way I see Sami getting in at this point is if she's like Pokemon Trainer and just kind of stands in the background ordering an infantry or mech unit around (since they're her specialty, this would make sense) and building up her CO Powers.

...Yeah, they kind of botched this up, not having Lyn playable. :/ At least everything else in the game is awesome, but still. The number of worthwhile females to add is dwindling. I realize it's Smash Bros., but really now.

It's anchorman!

usea

SantaC said:
Sucks to be you. I still enjoy reading people's reactions, even if I dislike most of the posters and their opinions.

I like this assist trophy. Assuming it works like I imagine, it will be pretty useful for controlling space.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Jiggy37 said:
Also after seeing this, Micaiah or Elincia or even Mia had better well be in SSBB or the Fire Emblem series is going to get presented unfairly again. For a series with so many female characters to choose from...

Ive been saying this for a while. FE9/10 characters have the best chance, if not only chance. I think FE is the best franchise to add more diversity to the SSB line up with female characters and characters that dont just use swords.

Elincia probably has the best chance to get in the game, followed by Titania and possibly Mia. I would love for Lucia to be in the game but shes rather minor, same for Marcia and Nephenee. It would be a nice change to have a melee character that uses a lance or axe instead of a sword.

SantaC

usea said:
Sucks to be you. I still enjoy reading people's reactions, even if I dislike most of the posters and their opinions.

no it doesn't sucks to be me. sucks to be those who are mad, like that guy getting banned.

btw, Captain N would been a sweet addition

PkunkFury

Jiggy37 said:

I'm still thinking Krystal is a shoe-in, but none of the others seem very likely (as much as i'd love for Sami or Mona to be in the game)

Wait.. did I miss something? From the little we've seen, Zelda is identical to her Melee version so far, right?

(Aside from rampant silly Shiek-is-gone speculation.)

I meant from back in Melee, of course. It always seemed to me that part of her inclusion was to beef up the number of females in the starting roster, though she is important to the games. ZSS has the same flavor, since it's hard to tell Samus is a girl otherwise

I'm hoping Zelda gets her own game at some point... her character in WW was great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom