• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

.la1n

I liked it on PC and will be picking up a PS3 copy on launch. Hope it will be easy to do matchmaking without Battle.net

pixlexic

Banned
The thing that gets me is at the PC launch Blizzard was not down with using a controller. But now in the hype videos they are hyping using a controller like the second coming. Talking about the extra dimension of control the controllers bring. Disappointing that they don't feel the need to bring that control to PCs.

yeah no shit. It would solve all my problems with the game.

Suairyu

Banned
How is the game with replay value?
Diablo is pure replay value. Each subsequent level of higher difficulty dramatically changes how you must approach combat. Will never forget the first time I finished normal, fired up the first act on Nightmare and got killed by a group of what had previously been canon fodder zombies.

Well, they were still canon fodder, but I had many bad habits that Normal had forgiven. It was a "shit just got real" kind of moment, and it was repeated again with the jump to Hell difficulty and then the jump to Inferno. It felt like a new game each time.

coughlanio

I've been having an urge to play a grindy/loot game. Almost picked up FFXIV today for PS3, might just get this instead. I also like the fact that it doesn't have the auction house. Is there other forms of microtransactions in it?

the chris

Diablo is pure replay value. Each subsequent level of higher difficulty dramatically changes how you must approach combat. Will never forget the first time I finished normal, fired up the first act on Nightmare and got killed by a group of what had previously been canon fodder zombies.

Well, they were still canon fodder, but I had many bad habits that Normal had forgiven. It was a "shit just got real" kind of moment, and it was repeated again with the jump to Hell difficulty and then the jump to Inferno. It felt like a new game each time.

Sounds fun, I'll probably end up playing this with my roommate on the couch.

Corto

I'm still debating buying the PS3 version and doing the upgrade to the PS4 latter on or wait. Probably wait. Hmmmm

jacobs34

Looks like the game runs pretty smoothly. I'll definitely Gamefly this for 360 next week. Anything to make the wait for GTA V easier is welcome at this point.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably end up getting this on PS3/360, not sure yet. I do like the PC version a lot but I also love these games with controllers so they'll go alongside each other nicely, plus maybe I can rope some console owning friends into getting it.

I am gutted Blizzard won't even consider patching controller support into the PC version though. I understand that the console version is different and that mouse/kb comes first in the PC version but it would just be nice to have the option.

Jedi2016

The only question I have right now is whether or not there's any kind of upgrade potential going from PS3>PS4. Not even necessarily regarding the price of the game (although that would be nice), but whether or not I can import my PS3 character into the PS4 version of the game. The only official statement Blizzard's made on this subject at this time is to say that they have no official statement on this subject at this time.

The only possible reason I can think of NOT to mention it is that it doesn't exist.. that the two versions will be completely independent of each other, with no character import/export possible. Otherwise it would make perfect sense to announce that support now, which would make a bunch of people (like me) run out and buy the PS3 version now instead of holding off any purchase until next year. It would actually mean more money.

Drewfonse

Thinking about getting this on the 360. Is it worth it for a strictly solo run? I've heard that the PC version is easy, so maybe starting on Hard?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
My brain wanted to play this like the console Baldur's Gate games when I had a gamepad in my hands. I kept looking for the block button and everything. And then I felt ashamed for looking for the block button in a Diablo game.

Velocity

I still can't help but think that this would have been a perfect fit for the WiiU. Posting up trades on the Miiverse, playing on the toilet, throwing the gamepad through a wall because it died while you were in the middle of a champ pack in Hardcore. Ah, what could have been.

Anyways, count me in for PS3 version. No AH, couch co-op, ninja looting, and the slight improvements to loot drops make me very excited for this.

I think the biggest thing I'm interested to see is how current popular builds translate to the console, if they even do.

sagat2036

I dont know if i wanna go thru 3 playthroughs just to get to inferno again.

I starting up again after the increase repair cost patch and its pretty boring workin my way thru nightmare on my WD with mp10 nothing good ever drops. Even grouped its boring. Seriously i think i got 2 upgrades from act1 to act3 on nightmare. Good rares dropped but not for WD.

Any info on Voice being in game?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Does that new roll have any invincibility frames or it just strictly for movement?
That's the first thing I'll be trying out. In one of the console videos, he evades through a magma pool and doesn't take a single damage. Unless that was lag or anything alike, that pretty much means that it's got i-frames.

sagat2036

I think the biggest thing I'm interested to see is how current popular builds translate to the console, if they even do.

Itll depend on the roll move, would be cool if it ignores collision. I think id be crazy if it has invincibility and clip through mobs.

bjaelke

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d.../diablo-iii-review-console-game-informer.aspx
Concept:
Redesign the PC original for consoles while retaining all of the depth and replayability

Graphics:
Impressive physics and special effects make up for the lack of detail on the miniature character models

Sound:
Diablo III’s soundtrack is largely forgettable, but the sound effects nicely complement the absurd action

Playability:
Having direct control over your character’s movement is liberating. I can’t imagine going back to the PC’s point-and-click interface

Entertainment:
Everything you love about Diablo III is here, minus the PC version’s more controversial components. What more could you ask for?

Replay:
High

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First review is in and it's a really good score :) Updating the OP.

Yoshichan

OPM 8/10. Really good reviews for this so far!

hiro4

Can anyone answer the following questions.
I know there is no cross play between consoles and PC but is there something between consoles?

When I play the game in co-op at a friend can I continue with the same character on my own console by logging in to battle.net or something?

It would be a sure buy for me if me and my friends can switch between online co-op and offline co-op with the same characters

Autofokus

Can anyone answer the following questions.
I know there is no cross play between consoles and PC but is there something between consoles?

When I play the game in co-op at a friend can I continue with the same character on my own console by logging in to battle.net or something?

It would be a sure buy for me if me and my friends can switch between online co-op and offline co-op with the same characters

No Cross-Play between any version.
Depending on your system of choice, you can just bring your savegame with you (or pull it from the cloud) and use that one for offline/online co-op at your friends house/at home.

Robin64

Eurogamer said:
There's a little less loot and it's a lot better quality, as well as being more likely to be useful to the class that you're playing, making it more toothsome overall. (If anything, Blizzard has gone overboard here; I had three Legendary items equipped by level 20, and I found one of them in a pot in the sewers.)

Sweeeet.

Yoshichan

God damn, I just realized how many pre-order items I'll be getting o_o! That's crazy...

Exclusive PS3™ In-Game Items:
Players who purchase Diablo® III on the PS3™ will also receive five additional PS3-exclusive in-game items:

1sR8eri.png

uiMHvw8.jpg

U23TvHP.png

nRiJAo1.png

XaMsoi6.png

Sorry 360 owners :D

hiro4

No Cross-Play between any version.
Depending on your system of choice, you can just bring your savegame with you (or pull it from the cloud) and use that one for offline/online co-op at your friends house/at home.

okay that sounds like a lot of trouble.
Not sure now if I should double dip.

Autofokus

Hmm. Maybe it was bad wording from my side, but it couldn't be any easier on current-gen consoles than this.
You login with your account on your friends console, pull the save/character from your cloud storage (if you are a XBLGold or PSN+ member) or you simply bring it with you on a USB-Stick.

Are you serious? Pulling save game from cloud or using USB stick is a lot of trouble? What do you want the game to do, run to your house and fetch your save for you?

On another note, pre-order from Amazon and get bonus digital poster .... seriously Amazon, you can do better than this. The 360 version looks really good and I would love to play co-op with gamepad with my kids.

Now hopefully we will get Torchlight 2 for Xbox One and PS4 soon. I think this type of games actually play really well with controller (as much as I love the clicking sound of my mouse). I love Torchlight on 360 even with the framerate issue. (Diablo 3 360 seems to be super-smooth from all the preview video on You Tubes).

Darvan

I wish they would hurry up and announce the PS4 version. Sounds like the changes they have done and addition's have made the world's of difference.

whiteape

Does anybody know if i onlineplay between PS3 and PS4 will be supported when the PS4 version comes out? I know there is no crossplattformplay between PC/Mac and PS3, but maybe between PS3 and PS4!?

ascii42

I can not wait for people to begin complaining about how difficult it is to find items and because there is no Auction house, it will be near impossible to find someone to trade/sell items to...

unless you have a million friends... People thought the AH was bad on PC... this is going to be a whole new level of hate i think when they realize how the itemization is set up.
Loot drops are rebalanced to account for the lack of an auction house. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

Miletius

Am I seriously considering getting this even though I have the PC version? Please somebody come put me out of my misery.

Game looks good. I really want to play with a controller. Must resist temptation.....

Yoshichan

Lord Phol

As much as Diablo 3 was a disappointment I might get this to play co-op with friends. Being able to play with a controller and no auction house is great as well. Definetly the superior version in my eyes. Not sure if I want to pay full price for it though.

Top Bottom