• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Loot drops aren't the same on the console version. Fewer items, higher quality.
Yes, that's been said many times before.

I'm very willing to bet that all of the same complaints people have had about "never finding anything good" in the PC game will be just as frequent here, regardless of what changes are made.

I'll gladly accept being wrong if this is the case. I very much doubt it, though.

How zoomed in can you get in this version? If I can't admire my kickass looking character up close periodically, some of the joy is lost

Yes, that's been said many times before.
Yeah, I don't think people who hated the PC version will find something that truly wins them over here. Its still the same overall game after all.

But as a casual player of the PC version (and all Diablos previously) I loved it, so the direct control and reduced junk-loot sounds perfect to me.

Captain N

I never got to play this on Mac since it brought my MacBook Pro to its knees.

Gonna pick up the 360 version. Pretty excited.

Wehrwolf

Still debating on getting it now or waiting for the PS4 version... (getting a console version for the local coop and no online-only restriction)

Bread

Banned
this is probably going to be an awesome local coop game, i might have to pick it up to play with my roommates.

but not on day 1, i learned my lesson with the pc release :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I personally have faith in Loot 2.0.

Yuripaw

Banned
Still debating on getting it now or waiting for the PS4 version...

I wanted to wait for the PS4 version. If it was gonna be a launch game, I probably would have, but they said it's sometime in 2014, so I couldn't wait. I'll probably end up double dipping.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Considering I'm still ass-deep in my first playthrough of Skyrim, and GTA5 being so close, I may just hold off on Diablo 3 until it goes to PS4. Still dead keen to play it though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How zoomed in can you get in this version? If I can't admire my kickass looking character up close periodically, some of the joy is lost
I think it zoomes in as you check your inventory.

I noted some screenshots a while back showing this on current gen / next gen, the current gen looked pretty bad visually. So buyer beware.

Yuripaw

Banned
5X1Cx2E.jpg

Using the dynamic theme that came with preordering the digital version on PSN. It's simple, but I like it.

Yoshichan

Any hints on whether the console versions will get the expansion? Maybe the PS4 version?
Nothing confirmed by Blizzard yet, but I'm doubting they'll just ignore the expansions on consoles.

Yuripaw

Banned
Nothing confirmed by Blizzard yet, but I'm doubting they'll just ignore the expansions on consoles.

I'm hoping they'll do it eventually too. It would be really shitty if they never brought it over. I was just thinking when the expansion was announced that why do they have to do this shit right before the console version comes out? It kinda lessens the value of the version that people are still looking forward to playing.

jambo

So does this connect with your Battle.net account? Can you use your PC characters on console and vice versa?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
So does this connect with your Battle.net account? Can you use your PC characters on console and vice versa?
No.
Is this game a blast in local co-op? might buy it for that :)
First, thanks for quoting my tag. I fear that I may lose it sometime, so every tag quote helps keep it on me.

Second, the game is fine in coop.

Third, the reason that I know the game is fine in coop is because I played it for 1000 hours. And no, I'm not one of those people who call it the worst game that I've ever played for 1000 hours. The game is good in many areas, and can be improved in many others.

Fourth, it is from my extensive playtime with the game that I know that I'd never put up with it without an AH. If I played PC D3 self found, I never would have had a single character that was worth a shit after all of that play time. Never. So, again, without an AH, you better pray for Loot 2.0 to be your savior; otherwise, I hope you enjoy playing as gimped characters or for a few thousand hours until they're not.

Yoshichan

Nope.

Using the dynamic theme that came with preordering the digital version on PSN. It's simple, but I like it.
I don't see anything about it on the web store page.

Maybe its only on the console storefront?

The official forums have a decent console faq here.

Nothing there about 60fps though.

*squints at OP*

I might get this - I have it on PC but I really want to play games like these with a controller, and this has that with a dodge mechanic as well. If they implemented controller support for the PC version it would be awesome - but they wont, because they dont care.

If they implemented controller support for the PC version it would be awesome - but they wont, because they dont care.
Well it is a completely different UI, which I guess is still technically do-able on the PC version, but they also changed some powers and enemy behaviors and added that dodge move you mentioned. That stuff there pretty much makes the game incompatible or at the very least would entail splitting the userbase up.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
If enough friends buy it I might double dip but I doubt it.

At least there's no always online DRM and auction house crap to ruin it.

Cels

this doesn't ship with loot 2.0 right?

still interested to see what blizzard is doing about main stat + IAS/CC/CD being the only way to build.

Duallusion

Preordered last week. Was going to wait for the PS4 version but I just couldn't resist. Hope I don't cave in with GTAV too.

I_Am_CC

I really would like to pick this up on PS3 but I'm worried about the mob density. The increase they made on the PC was such a huge improvement. I don't think they have released any videos of the post game though on consoles have they? Just seems like it would be a bore to play after all the time I've spent with the game on PC if not.

EDIT: Just read that console FAQ.

monster density has been customised for console to make sure you have enemies on the screen, but not so many that you would be completely overwhelmed

I want to be overwhelmed with enemies flooding my screen, damnit Blizzard.

Yoshichan

Nothing there about 60fps though.

*squints at OP*
I'm just hoping Blizzard didn't lie to us ._.
So, again, without an AH, you better pray for Loot 2.0 to be your savior; otherwise, I hope you enjoy playing as gimped characters or for a few thousand hours until they're not.
The thing is, you might have a gimped character without AH but so will your other friends.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
60 Fps on consoles? Nice. I was expecting Torchlight 1 performance and worse but its good to see effort was put into this port. If they can nail the direct control so it's as good as TL then I'll be very pleased. I'll keep an eye out for reviews before buying though.

Syntax

Local co-op makes it a purchase for me. Gonna have a bit of fun sitting around the television on super comfortable couches while mashing buttons and making all sorts of inappropriate diablo-related jokes.

Loving me some local coop games next week, hope the PS3 version runs fine. Already planned first Diablo 3 console online coop evening the day the game ships... or as other would name it, server stability testing :)

Robin64

Bravo, Yoshi. <3

Really looking forward to seeing how this plays with direct controls. Definitely double-dipping.

Yoshichan

Bravo, Yoshi. <3

Really looking forward to seeing how this plays with direct controls. Definitely double-dipping.
Thanks :3! Yeah I never thought I'd buy this but what the heck, why not! HYPE.
And that's bad.

Suffering is suffering even if the suffering is shared.
For you, sure. For me? That's only a good thing. I've always loved low-econ ARPG play, but not in Diablo 3 (the result of AH).

Top Bottom