• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

ohamsie said:
On second look, I'm a little disappointed that the Pokemon don't get that crazy glare in their eyes that the other characters seem to. Maybe the trainer gets it? Although you can't really see him behind the water, flames, and solarbeam. :lol

Come to think of it, wouldn't the water put out the fire and refract the solarbeam making it less concentrated and powerful?

Squirtle is bringing the team down :(

JDSN

Banned
pokemon_trainer_070927d-l.jpg

The way the Pokemons are placed its so inappropriate, especially for Charizard and Bulbasaur.

Zeed

Banned
Fucking awesome. The text boxes is what really makes this Final Smash.

Now I'm about to pass out here so I'm off to bed, night thread.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Firestorm said:
tropical type hair = wings
glasses = shoulder pads
feet = feet
mouth = hands

DAMMIT! I know 100% its meta knight, thats not my argument, but I can't see what you're sayingand I keep seeing what I first saw. Damn it I'm stupid :-(

Jiggy

Random statistics gleaned from my record-keeping:

-This is the 13th Pokemon-related update. Mario is in second place for number of updates at 9, and that's assuming you count Petey Piranha.
-This is the 10th final smash update.
-This is the second time two final smash updates have come in the same week.
-Among the 18 weeks of updates before this one, only 3 didn't have a character profile. We've still had no character profile this week.

Tristam

Jiggy37 said:

-This is the 13th Pokemon-related update. Mario is in second place for number of updates at 9, and that's assuming you count Petey Piranha.
-Among the 18 weeks of updates before this one, only 3 didn't have a character profile. We've still had no character profile this week.

Fridayton.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
damn awesome final smash! the text, the 3 awesome attacks

sakurai's writing or who ever is doign it is amazing

These are the moves they use. Isn’t it a beautiful combination? A Fire-type attack, a Water-type attack, and a Grass-type attack? (Not really.)

Big Icarus said:
Will it still say that it's "Super effective", if you completely miss all the other players with this move?

That's what I was thinking -- it would be great if the text only appears if you actually hit someone.

Jiggy37 said:

Thanks for that information! :D I also can't wait for tomorrows update. I think it's going to be big. Either a new character or some video footage!

Jiggy

I hope Ness' final smash has a textbox too, to say SMAAAAAASH! *cue Amir0x to come in here and correct me on the exact number of A's used for EB's critical hit equivalent*

Actually, no. The text boxes can't be overused or they'll lose their impact. Just toss the word SMAAASH in the middle of the screen in red or something.
And then reuse that effect for the Ouendan assist trophy. >_>

Jiggy37 said:
I hope Ness' final smash has a textbox too, to say SMAAAAAASH! *cue Amir0x to come in here and correct me on the exact number of A's used for EB's critical hit equivalent*

Actually, no. The text boxes can't be overused or they'll lose their impact. Just toss the word SMAAASH in the middle of the screen in red or something.
And then reuse that effect for the Ouendan assist trophy. >_>

No, the Ouendan AT should have your character yelling HEEEEAAALLLLPPPP! before they appear in a chopper in the back ground.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Should I bother mentioning that there should be 3-4 hidden characters in the game we won't even find out about until after launch?

Jiggy

DavidDayton said:
Should I bother mentioning that there should be 3-4 hidden characters in the game we won't even find out about until after launch?
Only?

Actually, does anyone know how many characters managed to stay secret for Melee?

SantaC

Gold Member
Jiggy37 said:
Only?

Actually, does anyone know how many characters managed to stay secret for Melee?

for me almost every hidden character was secret back then. Internet wasn't as widespread.

Slavik81

JDSN said:
pokemon_trainer_070927d-l.jpg

The way the Pokemons are placed its so inappropriate, especially for Charizard and Bulbasaur.
I love the Russian dance that Fox is doing.
A real man doesn't just stand on explosions. A real man does a silly dance at the same time.

Friday is asking for a Megaton or a very good update at least, so far, all this week's update have been 'meh' to an extent. Its nice seeing Final Smashes and Resetti, but i can smell something big is gonna happen on Friday... Captain Falcon? U there yet?!

farnham

Banned
flipping_heck said:
Friday is asking for a Megaton or a very good update at least, so far, all this week's update have been 'meh' to an extent. Its nice seeing Final Smashes and Resetti, but i can smell something big is gonna happen on Friday... Captain Falcon? U there yet?!
i was wondering the same thing.. i cant play ssbb without FALCON PUNCH.. and FALCON KICK! (by kirby)

Haunted

So, who's volunteering to send a 'Ness has been confirmed!!!' PM to Amir0x tomorrow? about a minute before the actual update hits, I mean.

Slavik81 said:
I love the Russian dance that Fox is doing.
A real man doesn't just stand on explosions. A real man does a silly dance at the same time.
:lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well this is pretty funky. I was expecting them to use Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant e.t.c., but those didn't appear until well after Red/Blue/Green.

How about if the attack completely misses, it says "It's not very effective..." ? That'd be attention to detail.

Jiggy

Haunted One said:
So, who's volunteering to send a 'Ness has been confirmed!!!' PM to Amir0x tomorrow? about a minute before the actual update hits, I mean.

:lol
Well, that would probably be volunteering to get permabanned, so count me out. >_>

SovanJedi said:
Well this is pretty funky. I was expecting them to use Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant e.t.c., but those didn't appear until well after Red/Blue/Green.
Only the final evolutions can use those.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
castle007 said:
gamespot: 8.0 Too much fan service. They forgot the gameplay!!!

I can already see them bitching

Or: GS: 7.0:

Uses too much from other games, is totally unoriginal.

Nice update, btw, I wouldn't want to get in the way of that.

Haunted

Jiggy37 said:
Well, that would probably be volunteering to get permabanned, so count me out. >_>
Maybe Ness is really tomorrow's update and you told him before anyone knew. He'd probably make you a mod in that case. :)

Jiggy

I actually expect Lucas before Ness. It seems like just the sort of update to throw us all into a flurry of speculation (about whether Ness had been cut or not), which should practically be the modus operandi of these Smash updates.

Incidentally, one more statistic and then I'm out of here for the night...
The only new challengers' profiles we've gotten that weren't known from E3 were all in August: Ike (1st), Pokemon Trainer (13th), and Diddy Kong (22nd). I'd like to think we're overdue for seeing another brand new character. :D

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Haunted One said:
Maybe Ness is really tomorrow's update and you told him before anyone knew. He'd probably make you a mod in that case. :)

Hmmm...do mods get paid? Ness would be so sweet though. So would Mike Jones. Please Mike Jones update tomorrow. Or Ness. Or Scrooge McDuck with Duck Tales moveset.

Haunted

I'm calling Ness or The Knee for tomorrow again.

AlternativeUlster said:
Hmmm...do mods get paid? Ness would be so sweet though. So would Mike Jones. Please Mike Jones update tomorrow. Or Ness. Or Scrooge McDuck with Duck Tales moveset.
only iapetus gets paid, sorry. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom