• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duderz

Banned
Ness won't be out. He's been on both games, and I highly doubt he'll sit this one out.

Earthbound is getting two characters this time.

Hero

AniHawk said:
Lucas is using Ness's move set.

And there won't be any clones.

Either Ness learned some new skills, decided to become an assist trophy, or he's gone.

Luigi missing from Super Smash Bros. Brawl CONFIRMED.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions regarding clones.

I like Ness because I've played Earthbound and have come to like his chara. If Ness is out then Mother 3 best get released here so I can appreciate Lucas in place of Ness.

AniHawk said:

And there won't be any clones.

Either Ness learned some new skills, decided to become an assist trophy, or he's gone.
Yeah I gotta agree. Unless Ness is an alternate skin that you can choose for Lucas.

Haunted

Mockingbird said:
I like Ness because I've played Earthbound and have come to like his chara. If Ness is out then Mother 3 best get released here so I can appreciate Lucas in place of Ness.
Lucas in Brawl to promote Mother 3's official English release - BELIEVE.

Chumly

Duderz said:
Ness won't be out. He's been on both games, and I highly doubt he'll sit this one out.

Earthbound is getting two characters this time.
And its completely reasonable to assume that Earthbound could easily have two playable characters to help diversify the lineup.

Linkup

Hero said:
Luigi missing from Super Smash Bros. Brawl CONFIRMED.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions regarding clones.

Missing? just an assist trophy now.

Didn't some site predict this? some mother 3 fan site I think.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
AniHawk said:

We have enough information to confirm that? I see him with similar looking sparkles, but that's not necessarily proof of the same moveset.

Jiggy

Oh, look at that.
lucas_071001d-l.jpg

Why, it's Lucas in Smashville. Can a little bit more of my September 20th prediction come true, except with Lucas substituting for Ness?

There will be a character profile update. If this happens, it'll be Ness, he'll be shown fighting in Smashville, someone will PM Amir0x immediately, and he'll come into the thread and for an hour afterward he'll have a thirty-post outburst of righteous fury at the unholy mixture of Earthbound and Animal Crossing.

mCACGj

OK Nintendo of America, if I have to fucking play as Lucas without having played the fucking English version of the game, I will find out a way to get my vengeance. I will hunt the people behind the decision not to bring it to America down, and I will change their mind's hypnotically if have to. Physical force, of course being my second option.

This just makes me more mad at NoA.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Knew it was going to happen! Sakurai claiming that he toyed around with the idea of replacing Ness with Lucas in Melee was a dead give-away. (Not that this means Ness is gone now... could still go either way!)

Man that kid has some ca-raaaazy hair!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Fuck that shit (Bless you Amir0x, Tabris and others), where the fuck is Captain Falcon?

Jiggy

The funny thing is thinking that if Ness is still in, then for Amir0x the value of Smash Bros. literally just doubled.

Koomaster

I want FULL mother love! That means Lucas can play, as long as Ness gets to play as well. Also, Mother 3 should be released in NA as well! I want it all, I accept no less Nintendo!

Still an exciting update... as long as Ness is in there somewhere... ¬___¬

MrCheez

I sure hope he doesn't call out every single goddamn one of his attacks in an annoying voice, like Ness did.

grandjedi6 said:
Alot of people were predicting Lucas to be in the game. Especially since he was suppose to be Melee
I bet they'll still be going "SEE WE WERE RIGHT WE KNEW ALL ALONG INSIDE SAUCE"

AniHawk said:
Why does over 24000 posts not seem like a lot?
Easy, the Halo 3 thread. We'll get them back eventually...

MrCheez

So should we expect a Ness-clone moveset for Lucas? Does he use the same attacks as Ness in Mother 3?

grandjedi6 said:
Alot of people were predicting Lucas to be in the game. Especially since he was suppose to be Melee
Well there is still the second part of the starmen.net rumor. We shall have to wait and see if they are right about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom