• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HAVE FOUND STARMAN.NETS EXCLUSIVE SAUCE ON THIS INFORMATION

tomsauce560p.jpg

I have been led to believe they had some ketchup whilst banging at the doors of NoA, and it squirted on the ketchup in a shape resembling Lucas' hair! Undeniable proof they knew!

Chumly

AniHawk said:
Even 26000 doesnt seem like a lot. Maybe once it gets up there again towards 30k+ or something.
Probably because theres 3 threads on GAF over 20k. It used to be that going over 10k was a milestone now with seemingly dozens of threads over 10k its not. Now even over 20k doesnt even seem special. 30k here we come!

Haunted

Vic said:
Fuck that shit (Bless you Amir0x, Tabris and others), where the fuck is Captain Falcon?
He's the next returner to be unveiled, imo. We won't see Ness for a while yet, because

1) he's unlockable as well
2) there won't be two Earthbound character updates in a row
3) he's only an AT :eek:

I say The Knee is coming next week.

Jiggy

Okay, new statistics.

-This is the 21st character profile on the site, in exactly 19 five-day weeks of updates. (Remember that the first week of updates started on a Tuesday.)

-This is the 2nd Mother update. Edit: Which means that Mother has had more updates than F-Zero or Ice Climbers, but fewer than every other represented franchise.

-Lucas is the 4th SSB newcomer not revealed in the initial E3 trailer. The other three newcomers all came from August.

-Mother was previously the Smash Bros. series to have the third least recent updates--more recent than F-Zero and Metroid, but less recent than Zelda and Yoshi. Star Fox is the new fifth least recently-updated series.

-Assuming that Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Ganondorf return, we now know 24 SSBB characters. This is just me picking the very least controversial, expected, returning characters--no claims about Jigglypuff, no claims about Sheik, no claims about Mewtwo or Marth or Mr. Game & Watch or Falco, no claims about an Animal Crossing character, not even a claim that Snake won't be the only third-party character. If you still think SSBB won't have a larger roster than SSBM at this point, you're nuts. Sorry. :p

-Of those 24 characters, 4 are female. Where are the girls, Nintendo? :mad: Hcoregamer00 and I will be upset, among others.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
CreatureX3 said:
Well there is still the second part of the starmen.net rumor. We shall have to wait and see if they are right about that.

Starmen.net do not have any exclusive info. they are just a fan site, they are privilged to know the inner working of Smash Bros. It wasnt until a few years ago that ANY video game journalism was able to see a Nintendo title in mid-development, let alone a fan site knowing this stuff

Haunted

Jiggy37 said:
-Assuming that Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Ganondorf return, we now know 24 SSBB characters. This is just me picking the very least controversial, expected, returning characters--no claims about Jigglypuff, no claims about Sheik, no claims about Mewtwo or Marth or Mr. Game & Watch or Falco, no claims about an Animal Crossing character, not even a claim that Snake won't be the only third-party character. If you still think SSBB won't have a larger roster than SSBM at this point, you're nuts. Sorry. :p
We're heading straight for 30+ characters. So awesome.

MicVlaD said:
Or an unlockable alternate costume.

Believe.

Yeah, pretty much. Honestly I think if Ness did return it'd be a waste of a character slot. The two kids look exactly the same.

Oh, and what is your avatar from? I've seen a few avis of whatever that is and if it's a game I'm curious about it.

grandjedi6 said:
Starmen.net do not have any exclusive info. they are just a fan site, they are privilged to know the inner working of Smash Bros. It wasnt until a few years ago that ANY video game journalism was able to see a Nintendo title in mid-development, let alone a fan site knowing this stuff
Their source is most likely someone from NOA who is working on the game.

grandjedi6

Slavik81 said:
Ok. Lucas...
Sure. Maybe Japan is celebrating. Personally, I don't get it.

Remember that story with the ninja turtle and the bunny rabbit?

Lucas is an awesome character from an awesome game. Who wouldn't be celebrating?

Xeke

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Late October. Plus there is an event on the 12th of October which may have smash bros playable

I'll believe that when I see it. I wish we it seems they are really putting off the impressions of this game until way late.

Insaniac

I expect Ness to get a slight cosmetic change cause him and Lucas at the same time could get confusing (despite Lucas being hatless)

grandjedi6

CreatureX3 said:
Their source is most likely someone from NOA who is working on the game.

NOA? You are really really overrating the inside contacts that a small fansite has. If anything they talked to a PR who didn't know what he was talking about. Hell even the highest up Nintendo executives are wrong sometimes

kamikaze

hey, mother fans get thrown a bone! is game&watch the only franchise from melee that hasn't been shown in brawl yet?

i'm trying to keep my expectations for other nintendo franchises and 3rd parties low, but it's getting pretty hard at this point. :D

Jiggy

Haunted One said:
We're heading straight for 30+ characters. So awesome.
I personally think a minimum 35 characters is almost a lock at this point. I'm not including that thought in the more objective statistics breakdown, but really, here are my expectations:

Known characters - 21
Unrevealed SSB double veterans - 4 (Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ness)
Unrevealed SSBM veterans - 5 (Falco, Marth, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, Sheik)
Expected number of third-party characters besides Snake - 2
Expected due to symbol - 1 (Animal Crossing character)
Eliminated characters - 4 (Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Young Link)

That's 33. Even if it turns out that three of the above don't make it, that would take us down to a roster of 30...
...but we're still two months and two days away from the game's release, meaning there's no way every newcomer has been revealed. So I might as well add this category:

Expected number of entirely unknown newcomers - 3-7

35 is one of those numbers that sounds good on paper, so I'm anticipating that.

Big Icarus said:
Yeah, pretty much. Honestly I think if Ness did return it'd be a waste of a character slot. The two kids look exactly the same.

Oh, and what is your avatar from? I've seen a few avis of whatever that is and if it's a game I'm curious about it.

PolyGone posted a lot of .gifs on page 3 too.

Xeke

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I personally think a minimum 35 characters is almost a lock at this point. I'm not including that thought in the more objective statistics breakdown, but really, here are my expectations:

Known characters - 21
Unrevealed SSB double veterans - 4 (Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Ness)
Unrevealed SSBM veterans - 5 (Falco, Marth, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, Sheik)
Expected number of third-party characters besides Snake - 2
Expected due to symbol - 1 (Animal Crossing character)
Eliminated characters - 4 (Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Young Link)

That's 33. Even if it turns out that three of the above don't make it, that would take us down to a roster of 30...
...but we're still two months and two days away from the game's release, meaning there's no way every newcomer has been revealed. So I might as well add this category:

Well you can cross Sheik off the list.

Tristam said:
....why would an NoA employee be working on Smash Bros.?
You don't think Sakurai writes and translates these entries himself, do you?

Do you also think they do one every day instead of doing them well in advance?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Before I got up I had a weird dream, in which I made a series of weird Japan Time predictions including Lucas. Now I wish I hasn't slept in and predicted this a few moments before the update. Then again I also dreamt of a Mario Bros. stage and a Mario Strikers stage (?), so I guess that's a load of crazy thoughts.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
You know, it's POSSIBLE the Starman guys do have some information -- it's just not "an official source" or a pr buddy or something. Nintendo is a fairly large company, and even a nobody like me occasionally heres stuff that isn't officially released for a long time. Thanks to a collection of associates and friends, I knew about one GBA title months before it was announced... granted, it was assumed to be coming, but I saw early screenshots long before the general public had 'em. Was I supposed to? Nope! However, loose associations and friends of friends CAN lead to trickles of information coming out, unofficially.

Jiggy

Xeke said:
Like I said, I'm accounting for the possibility that as many as three of my expected characters are out. Even so, I still think we'll hit 35 at least.

Haunted

Jiggy37 said:

It does sound good. It's also not that important how many of the unrevealed SSBM veterans are axed, since I'd say that there's a good chance that those will be replaced with newcomers from the same franchises (Mewtwo, Marth, for example). In any case, 30+ is a given, and 35 just sounds right.

Xeke said:

ShockingAlberto said:
You don't think Sakurai writes and translates these entries himself, do you?

Do you also think they do one every day instead of doing them well in advance?
ssshh, don't spoil the magic.

The probability of Ness not appearing in Brawl is minuscule considering he has appeared in both of the prior Smash Brothers titles. A lot of people were saying that there was no way in hell the Ice Climbers were going to be in Brawl but they were silenced. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr. Game and Watch appear either.

Jiggy

Okay, I've had enough for one night. Hoping to wake up to Sin and Punishment on VC, but failing that, at least there'll probably be some entertaining Amir0x posts in here.

And I stand by my prediction of a thirty-post rant on Lucas and Animal Crossing being in the same screenshot. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom