• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

MindCollizion said:
That's it, tomorrow we're getting some Animal Crossing music sample!
No series represented in Smash has gotten more than one music update, and Kirby, Wario, F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Mother, and Ice Climbers haven't even got that much yet.
Edit: I suppose it's possible that one of the series could have more than one music update, to emphasize the My Music aspect, but I wouldn't bet on it... That's all I'm really trying to imply.

Okay, I'm out for real this time.

Jiggy37 said:
No series represented in Smash has gotten more than one music update, and Kirby, Wario, F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Mother, and Ice Climbers haven't even got that much yet.
Edit: I suppose it's possible that one of the series could have more than one music update, to emphasize the My Music aspect, but I wouldn't bet on it... That's all I'm really trying to imply.

hehe yeah I tried to edit quicker but you got me ;P

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Jiggy37 said:

I'm guessing the next music update will be for Donkey Kong!

hirokazu

Cyan said:
Marth wasn't replacing a well-loved character from a game that we could actually play.

Hell, Marth was exciting because we'd never gotten to play any of the FE games at that point. It was like getting to see a whole other side to Nintendo.

How do you know Ness is replaced? :p

Also, is Lucas not exciting because we've never gotten to play MOTHER3 at this point? Seems the same to me...

hirokazu said:
How do you know Ness is replaced? :p

Also, is Lucas not exciting because we've never gotten to play MOTHER3 at this point? Seems the same to me...

They're pretty much identical. And look at the thread title!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cyan said:
Marth wasn't replacing a well-loved character from a game that we could actually play.

Hell, Marth was exciting because we'd never gotten to play any of the FE games at that point. It was like getting to see a whole other side to Nintendo.
Wait, wha? Lucas is bad because he's from a game Americans can't play, but Marth was good because he was from a game Americans couldn't play?

Regardless, Ness isn't replaced until Sakurai says Ness is replaced. How many random assumptions does Sakurai have to shatter before you guys get the picture that you shouldn't be assuming anything is either in or out?

PkunkFury

Ness could still be any of the following:

-His own character with a different moveset than Lucas (that is to say, Ness would have his old moves and Lucas would have different ones)

-A Luigi Style clone - sharing most animations with Lucas but having different physics and a few different specials

-A Ganondorf style clone - sharing the same special moves and animations as Lucas but having different physics/speed etc.

-An alt costume - I mean seriously, Lucas looks like Ness with his hat off, the least they could do is bring the hat back for one outfit...

-A Western only fighter - since Mother 3 is Japan only, they may pull a fast one on us and drop a hat on Lucas during localization. I guess this depends how Mother 3 centric Lucas' part of story mode is

I think the top one is very unlikely, but the others all have a pretty good chance. With the "everything we can" mentality Brawl seems to be giving off, i'd be surprised if Ness is completely out.

If you are upset Ness is gone because you liked his moveset, I think it's likely Lucas will take the moveset over if Ness has comletely disappeared... so no worries.

If you are upset Ness is gone because you like the character... it's just a hat and a backpack. I'd be surprised if the option to dress lucas as Ness isn't there

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jiggy37 said:

We haven't gotten Mario music either

ohamsie

I think Lucas is going to have an entirely new moveset.

lucas_071001c-l.jpg

This doesn't look like any of Ness's attacks to me.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
...Aaaaand THERE we have it! :lol We have already gotten a more exciting week of updates than last week!

Somebody had better update the title to say something like "See post #????? for Ami's meltdown" so we can all witness his first reaction to it.

Ashodin

ohamsie said:
I think Lucas is going to have an entirely new moveset.

lucas_071001c-l.jpg

This doesn't look like any of Ness's attacks to me.
Ness has this psychic energy attack when you press forward + A in the air, IIRC.

Maxrpg said:
Ness has this psychic energy attack when you press forward + A in the air, IIRC.

Does he? I though it was a shove with his hands. Does Lucas have a bat in Mother 3? Or something to hit projectiles with?

Ummm, why do people EVER AT ALL call Luigi a clone? A clone of who? Of Mario? Uhhh, he has completely different moves, COMPLETELY. I see this brought up all the time...

NeonZ

-A Luigi Style clone - sharing most animations with Lucas but having different physics and a few different specials

Huh... Luigi didn't share most animations. At least, not in SSBM.

SantaC

Gold Member
god what's with the use of this franchise?! Lucas -_-

why can't they use something more classic, like startropics, punch-out, excitebike etc

now I hope ness isn't in it because that means another character wasted.

grandjedi6

Akai said:
No one should have done it...It'd have been more amusing to see him come in a week later to realize what he missed... :lol

Well with this thread title I imagine he might notice a little sooner

Haunted

SantaC said:
god what's with the use of this franchise?! Lucas -_-

why can't they use something more classic, like startropics, punch-out, excitebike etc

now I hope ness isn't in it because that means another character wasted.
Yes, please.

EktorPR

Nightstick11 said:
I know I'm quite late with this, but I am sorely disappointed Lyn is not a playable character. Instead we have uber d-bag Ike.

What the fuc... :lol

EDIT: OMG Lucas! Sakurai must read GAF for sure.

jts

...hate me...
Pedobear jokes and chops are banned? Or why is it taking so long?

I miss this thread's photoshop fests even with banana peel updates. No wonder Halo thread has overtaken it :( :p

edit: beaten. Oh GAF :D

grandjedi6

mio said:
Pedobear jokes and chops are banned? Or why is it taking so long?

I miss this thread's photoshop fests even with banana peel updates. No wonder Halo thread has overtaken it :( :p

edit: beaten. Oh GAF :D

Wait...you want to be banned for a stupid comment you made earlier??

grandjedi6

mio said:
I'm just asking about the bear.

Oh. Probably because there is no sexual suggestion in the screens and people are use to young Nintendo characters (considering Ness was the same). Just because a character is young doesn't = pedobear

Haunted

SantaC said:
I guess this new challenger update means there wont be another one in 3-4 weeks now :(
According to Jiggy, we've got 21 characters in 19 weeks of updates. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

grandjedi6

Haunted One said:
According to Jiggy, we've got 21 characters in 19 weeks of updates. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

I think he was refering to only newcomers. Which of course wouldn't make sense either since we got 3 newcomers in August

Forget Fridaytons. This is Mondayton.

Wow........... I really am surprised. I thought he wouldn't be in here. Does this mean that Ness is as good as gone. There are extremly similer.

Haunted

grandjedi6 said:
I think he was refering to only newcomers. Which of course wouldn't make sense either since we got 3 newcomers in August
ah, yes. Well, I think we'll see another character unveiled next week, but another newcomer might take a bit longer, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom