• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi

Banned
Only on GAF could it be a 'shock' to have characters introduced from a franchise that has featured in the game since the beginning.

Ness will be in, btw, for the idiots that think he won't be. Permaban bet on that.

Saoh

lockii said:
Ness will be in, btw, for the idiots that think he won't be. Permaban bet on that.

"Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"

to actually compare Ness has to be in, so.. yeah, he's in it of course.

Amir0x

Banned
*ahem*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FUCKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*fixes tie*

All is well. Smash Bros. purchase re-confirmed.

Oh and thanks to everyone who PMed me. I got like 50 PMs.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Amir0x said:
*ahem*

*fixes tie*

:lol :lol

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Frozen Fire said:
Forget Fridaytons. This is Mondayton.

Wow........... I really am surprised. I thought he wouldn't be in here. Does this mean that Ness is as good as gone. There are extremly similer.
Not really. Nothing has been said about clone characters, so Ness could still be in it even though his moveset will be similar to Lucas's, or maybe both of them will have different moves to each other.

Amir0x

Banned
The best part is there will be some totally fucking awesome Mother 2/Mother 3 remixes and a fucking badass Mother 3 stage now.

GOD GOD GOD YES RIGHT INTO MY EYELIDS AND ON YOUR CLIT ORGASMING HERE

grandjedi6

Amir0x said:
The best part is there will be some totally fucking awesome Mother 2/Mother 3 remixes and a fucking badass Mother 3 stage now.

Hopefully we'll get some of that music this week to tie in with Lucas' announcement

Baryn

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
There is no Smash Bros. prophet
There was a fellow from another forum who predicted with great accuracy much of what would be in the game, and pretty close on when these things would be announced also. The only chink in his armor was Lucas (he said it would happen and it didn't), but now that's been sorted out also.

Amir0x said:

What about the obvious removal of Ness? :p

Amir0x

Banned
if they did remove Ness that'd be fucking sad but I won't jump to that conclusion yet.

I want to smash people's heads with bats, no doubt.

grandjedi6

Baryn said:
There was a fellow from another forum who predicted with great accuracy much of what would be in the game, and pretty close on when these things would be announced also. The only chink in his armor was Lucas (he said it would happen and it didn't), but now that's been sorted out also.

THere is no smash bros prophet. If a million people all make claims on what is going to be in the game, at least one of them is going to be close. That doesn't make them a prophet

ant1532

Banned
Holy shit. Awesome update. Loving Lucas! I really don't think Ness is out either since he has a totally different move set and Sakurai said he's keeping the original cast in (which includes Ness) last year. And it seems they are trying to add a second character to each series that only had one from the previous games.

Now they need to put Earthbound on VC!!!!

Oh yeah, I was just going to PM you Amir0x but you obviously already know.

Amir0x

Banned
ant1532 said:
Oh yeah, I was just going to PM you Amir0x but you obviously already know.

yeah my PM box exploded when i woke up and checked it this morning.

Haunted One wins the prize for getting the PM to me first, though :D

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I think we'll still see Ness in the game. So far there's been no indication that any characters will be axed. Ice climbers were one of the unpopular characters and they make it back, so ness will probably be back in this game too.

Christopher

I wonder what the appeal of Earthbound is ... from youtube at least I looked at "mother 3" gameplay and it looked so boring - is it in the dialog/story? I don't know.

NeonZ

Baryn said:
The only chink in his armor was Lucas (he said it would happen and it didn't), but now that's been sorted out also.

If it's the one I'm thinking about, he said that Lucas would be the next revealed newcomer, not just a newcomer, but he wasn't, as there were 1 or 2 newcomers revealed before him (but after the guy posted his prediction).

Haunted

I expect at least one other Mother related update this week. Either music, or a stage, or a music arrangement. Something will be shown.

Amir0x said:
yeah my PM box exploded when i woke up and checked it this morning.

Haunted One wins the prize for getting the PM to me first, though :D
:)

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well it's taken me a while to work this one out, so laugh all you want...

..I just worked out who that was in your avatar Ami. :eek:

On another note, the rumour that Jonk fellow spread about months ago was that a stage based on
New Pork City
was going to make it in. Based on this, I think that's very much a possibility. Who's with me?

grandjedi6

SovanJedi said:

On another note, the rumour that Jonk fellow spread about months ago was that a stage based on
New Pork City
was going to make it in. Based on this, I think that's very much a possibility. Who's with me?

That's not Lucas in Amirox's avatar :lol

Oh and its been said before but just because Lucas is in doesn't mean that stage will be in, alot of people were predicting Lucas to be in especially since he was suppose to be in Melee

Amir0x

Banned
SovanJedi said:

:D So you can see I am very happy with this announcement. Although I think Claus is better.

SovanJedi said:
New Pork City

This must be why Mother 3 site kept going on and on about there being major spoilers from the Mother 3 game.

Amir0x

Banned
Mother3.jpg

I hope Flint is a trophy. He wins the all-time most badass videogame father :D

jrricky

Banned
Awesome update. There is no reason to believe ness is gone.
nintendo should make us able to upload matches atleast to the internet. Even tony hawk ds tried something like this if i could remember correctly.

Linkhero1

OMG Megaton!

Amir0x said:
*ahem*

*fixes tie*

:lol :lol I would have PM'd you if I were online at the time =P

grandjedi6 said:
Points to previous page

Stealth edit ftw!! =P
for the above comment I made

mclem

Haunted One said:
He's the next returner to be unveiled, imo. We won't see Ness for a while yet, because

1) he's unlockable as well
2) there won't be two Earthbound character updates in a row
3) he's only an AT :eek:

I say The Knee is coming next week.
My money's on #1 being the case. I don't believe the commentary on the dojo would mention a character who's not in the game at all; if he was out, I think they'd just quietly avoid mentioning him.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
SantaC said:
god what's with the use of this franchise?! Lucas -_-

why can't they use something more classic, like startropics, punch-out, excitebike etc

now I hope ness isn't in it because that means another character wasted.
Who are you, and what havce you done with SantaC?

YOU ARE NOT THE SANTAC I KNOW.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Nice announcement, coincides with me finally beating Earthbound yesterday. Still hope Ness somehow turns up, and while we're at it, make a Tenda as an assist trophy. Those guys were cool.

I'll agree slightly with SantaC though, I'm hoping we see a few more classic characters/references... I wasn't really a big fan of Nintendo in the N64/Gamecube days (aside from the Smash series) so I'm pretty "meh" on the game dropping characters/references from franchises released around that time. I'd absolutely love to see some StarTropics and Punch Out!! things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom