• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resogun Dev: PS4 is all 'raw power'; will result in better looking multiplat games

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oh man, I missed a fun one.

Resogun is one game that I think has a unique place in terms of tech for the PS4 launch lineup. It seems to be very custom tailored to the PS4's GPU compute ability. The comments they've made about how it's designed seems to be a reflection of how a lot of the PS4 exclusives are going to be made a few years down the line.

todahawk

Quick, someone spin a coin on the table, I'm losing it.

We need to go deeper. A reaction to the reaction of the gif.

tumblr_mqtewppTx81r278dio1_r1_400.gif

EvB

It's like Déjà Vu from 2007

Every single interview from a 1st or 2nd party would have them saying that the PS3 was incredibly powerful and full of potential.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Every single interview from a 1st or 2nd party would have them saying that the PS3 was incredibly powerful and full of potential.

The difference is now they're saying PS4 is easy to work with. No one said that about PS3.

Mung

Except this time the Ps4 is cheaper too. Whether or not it is more powerful (it is), the ball is Microsoft's court to justify the price difference. Potentially worse multiplats won't help.

Vizzeh

Banned
It's pretty simple really... don't be an insane simpering fanboy who can't stop blindly shilling for your "team", and you'll survive through junior period :D

Since you are still here, I say "success" :)

If you dont mind me asking, how come you were de-modded or do you take turns.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Yup.

PS4 is where I will be doing all of my multiplatform gaming this gen.

(Which is the polar opposite of what I did last gen.)

Amir0x

Banned
If you dont mind me asking, how come you were de-modded or do you take turns.

i deserved it; I let my pride get the best of me and didn't want to admit I was wrong about something someone said about me, so I went back and edited old post to delete the part that proved he was right. That got me demodded, rightfully so. Only time I ever did something like that, but it was absolutely the right decision. The modding group is amazing and they're all good guys, but I do feel it was best for me. I always came into conflict with my desire to post my often controversial opinions and my need as a mod to be less of a fireplug.

I treat any non-third-party developers quotes the same way as marketing people quotes. They're both meaningless,since the person speaking has a vested interest in hyping up a specific platform. Had this comment come from an unbiased, impartial party, it would have merit. As it stands now, it's nothing more than marketing.
true...and for the sake of retrogun people...this is really all that's needs to be said. The thread is getting derailed because the Resogun stuff isn't all that interesting IMO

I love the gif like everyone else, but maybe make a thread for it and funnel all the talk about it into there, so Resogun can be discussed in here.
no....

it cannot be contained!!!!!

i deserved it; I let my pride get the best of me and didn't want to admit I was wrong about something someone said about me, so I went back and edited old post to delete the part that proved he was right. That got me demodded, rightfully so. Only time I ever did something like that, but it was absolutely the right decision. The modding group is amazing and they're all good guys, but I do feel it was best for me. I always came into conflict with my desire to post my often controversial opinions and my need as a mod to be less of a fireplug.
dat humility! You'll be back modding in no time with that attitude. To be honest though, its really not for everyone. You can have a lot more fun as a user IMO, but you get "behind the scenes" as a mod...

44940-dramatic-boston-terrier-gif-Weml.gif

didn't know that, an honest explanation.

Vizzeh

Banned

wow, very honest :) - im sure everyone is guilty of letting their pride get the better of them at times, I suppose its human nature but we all make mistakes :p - But one of the great things about Gaf is that even though it can be strict (for the greater good of the boards) it still loves to see a good debate within good taste, no matter the controversy - makes for good drama :)

Obv not sure what the mod internal rules are but, perhaps after parole, re-entry could be on the cards to once again put fear in us plebs :)

Sweden has 3.76 times more laureates per capita than the US. So yes, while you are the leaders in sheer numbers (you do have about 33 times the population of Sweden), the picture changes when you make the comparison more fair. Any given Swede is 3.76 times more likely to be a laureate than any given American.

It is not a good comparison because in Sweeden from what I know education is free because is tax-financed, while in the US education is not free.

Deuterium

Haha, you were the one who brought it up (in a rather biased way). You can't use total numbers when dealing with populations of vastly different sizes, that just makes the country with the most people come out on top every time no matter what you're comparing. You need to do it per capita to find out how successful a certain population really is in a given field.

Wow. well, let's see if your argument has any merit.

As of 2008, the USA is listed as the 3rd most populated country, with 304 m population.

Here are the other NINE:

1 China 1,333
2 India 1,140
4 Indonesia 228
5 Brazil 192
6 Pakistan 166
7 Bangladesh 160
8 Nigeria 151
9 Russia 142
10 Japan 128

Incidentally, Nobel Prize in the physical sciences constitutes Physics, Chemistry, Medicine/Physiology, and Economics.

The combined total population of the remaining top ten most populated countries = 3.64 billion. The combined total of their Nobel prizes in the physical sciences = 48

Do you care to hazard a guess as to the total number of Nobel prizes in the physical sciences ascribed to the USA?

Oh, by the way, the country with the greatest population, China, holds four (4).

So, perhaps you would like to reconsider your statement?

beast786

As of 2008, the USA is listed as the 3rd most populated country, with 304 m population.

Here are the other NINE:

1 China 1,333
2 India 1,140
4 Indonesia 228
5 Brazil 192
6 Pakistan 166
7 Bangladesh 160
8 Nigeria 151
9 Russia 142
10 Japan 128

Incidentally, Nobel Prize in the physical sciences constitutes Physics, Chemistry, Medicine/Physiology, and Economics.

The combined total population of the remaining top ten most populated countries = 3.64 billion. The combined total of their Nobel prizes in the physical sciences = 48

Do you care to hazard a guess as to the total number of Nobel prizes in the physical sciences ascribed to the USA?

Oh, by the way, the country with the greatest population, China, holds four (4).

At least take YOUR OWN GOD DAMN ADVICE

Fair enough...I respect and appreciate your concern, and agree it is off topic. I won't comment or respond further on this specific issue...even if others do.

Here are the other NINE:

1 China 1,333
2 India 1,140
4 Indonesia 228
5 Brazil 192
6 Pakistan 166
7 Bangladesh 160
8 Nigeria 151
9 Russia 142
10 Japan 128

Seriously, what the fuck is going on here?

Top Bottom