• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
Everyone move on to the Conference threads since Brawl is going to be the only thing allowed to be covered and not embargoes and they are allowed to record video and all that.

I am importing this shit. No way I can wait till February.

I just realized something.

IGN Blog said:
9:41 a.m.: Demonstration ends. Now, Nintendo is booting up Super Smash Bros. Brawl. We see a character screen with Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Pit, Meta Knight, Ike, Peach, Yoshi, Sonic, Bowser and a random button. Nintendo talks about the four different control schemes, which are fully customizable.

Of those, Meta Knight, Ike, Peach, and Sonic don't have Final Smashes updates on the Dojo (although Sonic's is hinted to be Super Sonic)

So, how soon would their Smashes appear on the Dojo since we could easily learn about them via the demo?

BTW, with the delay, this makes only 15 weeks left till Japan's launch from now.

That's 75 update days left (if they include holidays and the launch day).

22 Characters revealed so far.

If there is one char per week from now continuously, it'll be a total of 37 characters. Will this be the case? Will the "secrets" be revealed before launch?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ant1532 said:
Everyone move on to the Conference threads since Brawl is going to be the only thing allowed to be covered and not embargoes and they are allowed to record video and all that.

Its like, a 2 week wait. By the time your copy from Japan arrives the US game will be available really :)

ant1532 said:

If you can wait the extra 2 months for the game to come out, u can wait an extra 2 weeks from the Japanese release.

The delay is great pain to all indeed, but if it helps iron out any bugs, glitches, balance issues, im all up for it.

Jiggy

Innotech said:
Im not gonna get any sleep until March :(
Pretty much. I mean, I guess I get to have yet more fun with statistics for another couple months, but still. :( :( :(
On the "bright" side, and that's being very optimistic, at least Wii will now automatically have a great 2008 even outside of Wii Ware (since most of the news coming out of that conference was for WW or DS). And now we're really assured of being the biggest thread on GAF...

ant1532 said:
Let's take it back real quick and talk about are Smash Melee ways. Who do you main as and list your secondary characters if you have any. And do you play at tourney level?(Can you compete with kids at Smashboards, etc)
1. Jigglypuff (main)
2. Falco (main)
3. Dr. Mario (no Mario, he sucks because of a lack of the vitamins)
4. Ganondorf
5. Luigi
6. Captain Falcon
7. Pikachu

Tourney level kills me. :D I take off two lives in a 5-stock match, but that's about it. But this may be because I don't know anyone at tourney level to be able to practice against.

Pureauthor said:
I'm more shocked that people are whining about this. It's not like there isn't already too many games this holiday anyway.
I think this is the second time I remember ever disagreeing with you about anything at all, but... There aren't too many games, at least not on Wii only. >_>

CassSept

Darkpen said:
samus-snake.gif

EDIT:
changed a bit to look like its a photograph :O (and mainly for a border)

samus-snake2.gif
Awesome, thanks!
Golden Darkness said:
That's 75 update days left (if they include holidays and the launch day).
Wow, awesome. Too bad im at school at japan time and when i get back home there are few pages in this thread already (or in case of yesterday, over 15)
Anyway, does anybody know if any thread before beaten 30k posts?

Jiggy37 said:
I think this is the second time I remember ever disagreeing with you about anything at all, but... There aren't too many games, at least not on Wii only. >_>

Single console owner's loss.

It's not like I own a Wii yet, anyhow. :p

Darkpen

Banned
so guys, i'm thinking, maybe, just maybe, right now is a great time to stir some discussion on the differences in control schemes, and whether or not something like, say, the C-stick smashes will return for classic controller and gamecube?

Or how about, what's with those arm bangles on Pit's arm, huh? Its pretty interesting how he uses them to draw out an arrow of light, with... what is it, 3 rings? It would really suck to lose to some dude named Pit, who has 3 rings on his arm, just because due to some odd popularity and his being amongst the first newcomers to the series.

Also, what's up with the enemy AIs on melee and all of them just beating the crap out of the one human player in an FFA, when playing against CPU? Seriously. I mean, I guess it would just mean you would have to make more attacks land on the opponents to send them flying, and ultimately beat them.

Has anyone here managed to live even up to 300% damage? That's some crazy stuff. I heard about this one guy who got 300% through 100 consecutive lives. I think it'd be insane to even try that, but if people tried hard enough, I think it could happen.

Anyways, I made some drawing that I think would be pretty appropriate for the thread at some point (uploaded it, too), but I imagine I won't be awake for when it happens. Been up all night long, and now its morning; kinda reminds me of the whole y2k debacle for some reason.

But if anyone has any more requests for avatar JPGs, send me a PM and I'll put one together if someone doesn't.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
ant1532 said:
Let's take it back real quick and talk about are Smash Melee ways. Who do you main as and list your secondary characters if you have any. And do you play at tourney level?(Can you compete with kids at Smashboards, etc)

1. Ness (main)
2. Kirby
3. Mario
4. Samus
5. Captain Falcon

I'm nowhere near tourney level. I'm the best among my friends but that's really not saying much. I don't know anyone even close to tourney level that I could practice against. I mean, I could just practice techniques against CPUs in Training Mode but that only goes so far...

hiryu2015 said:
Can we still expect two months of Dojo updates now that the delay is in? How much of the game will be revealed beforehand?

More like four months worth.

Well, at least I got other Wii games for the holidays(Fire Emblem, Super Mario Galaxy, and haven't even bought Super Paper Mario), and actually finish Zelda and Paper Mario on the Virtual Console.

I really need to play more games and read less forums.

hiryu2015

When you think about it, the order of these announcements is a bit of a downer. For instance, if they came out with the news that Brawl is going to be delayed first...and then unveiled Sonic, it's easier to justify the extra time.

But now, well...Sonic's moves, huh? Too early for tonight's predictions?

Darkpen

Banned
I guess I'll add to the lists people are making for their melee character priorities:

1 - Pikachu
2 - Falco
3 - Roy
4 - Dr. Mario
5 - Samus

Darkpen

Banned
hiryu2015 said:
When you think about it, the order of these announcements is a bit of a downer. For instance, if they came out with the news that Brawl is going to be delayed first...and then unveiled Sonic, it's easier to justify the extra time.

But now, well...Sonic's moves, huh? Too early for tonight's predictions?
parts of sonic's moves are today's updates, but its NEVER too early for predictions

I mean it, predict away, make multiple posts and defend your opinion, if you must (you should)

Innotech

Banned
I really cant imagine the stuff that will be unveiled in over 70 updates. This game just has a scary amount of detail and care put into it.
Its almost frightening.

Jiggy

Pureauthor said:
Single console owner's loss.

It's not like I own a Wii yet, anyhow. :p
Well, luckily I've got DS and will be getting a PSP soon. But the Wii's library certainly isn't helped by this.

Darkpen

Banned
Innotech said:
I really cant imagine the stuff that will be unveiled in over 70 updates. This game just has a scary amount of detail and care put into it.
Its almost frightening.
Really? Fascinating. Care to explain your thoughts in several separate posts? I think this thread doesn't have enough Innotech in it. I think it needs more Innotech. Yes, that's what it needs. In fact, bring your friends, your family, relatives. Have them post here, and their thoughts on Smash.

Iam Canadian

Well, after reading the IGN hands-on article, I've got a prediction: a stage, specifically Norfair.

The article lists the stages in the demo and Norfair is the only one we haven't seen yet. I've been feeling a stage for a while now, so I'm pretty sure Sakurai will end off with Norfair.

hiryu2015

The impressions post also mentioned alternate costumes in addition to the obligatory color changes. That's a plus, isn't it?

When do we get that Dojo update?

Pureauthor said:
*checks*

No, I'm still me. For a moment there...
You're not alone.:D

Handhelds will be the overwhelming winners this gen of the Japanese and Euro markets, and next gen handhelds will fully take over America too.

The seismic shift in this industry hasn't been because of consoles. Handhelds are the future of this industry. They will be the biggest moneymakers, and consoles will fall behind.

Iam Canadian

Thunder Monkey said:
You're not alone.:D

Handhelds will be the overwhelming winners this gen of the Japanese and Euro markets, and next gen handhelds will fully take over America too.

The seismic shift in this industry hasn't been because of consoles. Handhelds are the future of this industry. They will be the biggest moneymakers, and consoles will fall behind.

This is going way off topic, but what the hell...

I agree that handhelds are becoming increasingly important, but consoles are still driving the industry at the moment. However, I think that eventually, handhelds may overtake consoles as the main part of the industry. I don't really mind this; lately the bulk of my gaming time has gone to handheld games and Virtual Console titles anyway. :D

Firestorm

I'll read through the stuff back there but I guess I should post my reaction to delay first.

AGHGKSSDKFSDFHUIEAKIJSFDKNJ AWTF SFHDLSKFJJD WII FIT ;zadsfhlAREDFhULFDHSFJDNKSDFNLSJKF

felipeko

Firestorm said:
I'll read through the stuff back there but I guess I should post my reaction to delay first.

AGHGKSSDKFSDFHUIEAKIJSFDKNJ AWTF SFHDLSKFJJD WII FIT ;zadsfhlAREDFhULFDHSFJDNKSDFNLSJKF
I blame GTA4!

ant1532

Banned
None of you can compete with Tourney people?? I thought there was one of you that did, and thought it was Jiggy for some reason...

Guess I will be giving ya'll the woopings :D

Innotech

Banned
ant1532 said:
None of you can compete with Tourney people?? I thought there was one of you that did, and thought it was Jiggy for some reason...

I can barely beat 3 level 9s. My skills are lacking.

Duderz

Banned
Delayed until February? ;_;

Looks like I'm going to E for All after all then.

EDIT: My characters from Melee...

1. Sheik
2. Samus
3. Mario
4. Jigglypuff
5. Yoshi
6. Roy

hiryu2015

With all this extra time, they should find a way to put my two outlandish character additions into the game.

1) Ryu (see a few pages back) and
2) Pious Augustus (see 8/16/07)

hiryu2015 said:
I'll have a go with a prediction. Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness, a new challenger.

Then it wouldn't seem so strange that I suddenly felt compelled to start a new game file after 4 years when sorting my game collection last evening.
Alex Roivas would be okay too. Alex Roivas from the University of Washington--Pac-10 represent!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Did a really really really fast photoshop job for my new ava, if I can find more time I guess I'll clean it up a bit.

Milabrega

Reggie can only possibly make up for this delay by showing Megaman's intro Video to Smash and pushing the dojo to have a minimum of two updates a night including weekends!! Right, Right?

Gaborn

All I know is, EVEN with the announcement of Sonic Sakurai MUST give us another megaton when he announces the delay on the site. Having a piplup-style update and a delay announcement would be inhumane.

Firestorm

ant1532 said:

usea and WastingPenguins I believe. Just because WP says his friends are much better than him doesn't mean he can't reach upper half of tournaments as long as he has the experience.

I on the other hand haven't had a chance to attend a tournament since like 2 years ago since I seem to be busy whenever they hit. I remember my friend getting dead last at MLG Seattle and now he's the #1 player BC =P

My characters:
1. Young Link (kinda tied with Sheik)
2. Sheik (kinda tied with Young Link
3. Ice Climbers (can't use them for shit, only for free for alls)
4. Peach (don't know her very well either)

The first two are my mains I alternate between. The last two are characters I use every once in a while in free for alls and would love to learn to play.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I think that eventually, handhelds may overtake consoles as the main part of the industry. I don't really mind this; lately the bulk of my gaming time has gone to handheld games and Virtual Console titles anyway. :D
*checks*

No, I'm still me. For a moment there...

But seriously, an easy, easy 90% of my gaming is on VC or DS. Oh well. *opens GAF Posters of the Year.doc and adds Iam Canadian to the Portable Defense Force list and the VC Defense Force list* It's going to be really hard figuring out a point system for what these things count for.

ant1532 said:
That would be Pokemon. >_> That's "my" game in the sense that I'm great at it, even though I like Smash better.

Duderz

Banned
I'm thinking we should get a GAF meet-up for those who are considering going to E for All, especially in light of the delay.

I'll probably be there Thursday & Friday, as it's the cheapest days to go.

Jiggy

Duderz said:
I'm thinking we should get a GAF meet-up for those who are considering going to E for All, especially in light of the delay.

I'll probably be there Thursday & Friday, as it's the cheapest days to go.
I'm even less likely to go now than before, honestly. :lol Getting a taste of SSBB and then knowing I couldn't play it for another four months would be painful...

Actually, is it even possible to still register to attend at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom