• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
sp0rsk said:
He has special punches and the possibility of his trainer coming out and running you over with a bike.

The YTMND community did spam/raid the Japanese poll voting awhile back asking for Doc Louis to appear in the game since the "N**** stole my Bike" fad has made him a star on the internet.

Haunted

sp0rsk said:
He has special punches and the possibility of his trainer coming out and running you over with a bike.
:lol Coach's bike would've been his final smash. :/

SuperAngelo64 said:
Also: Awesome new avatar, Haunted One. RDR art is so hard to find on the interwebz
Thanks.

Darkpen said:
D: haunted, you changed your avatar :(
Keep watching this space.
Image rotation - Wario as Red is still in.
:)

Darkpen

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
I honestly wouldn't count on any SNES-generation Final Fantasy characters in Smash.

Despite the fact FF4 is my favorite RPG of all time and I love the characters dearly...

They just are not iconic enough to be in Smash Bros.

If Square gets a rep it will either be Geno or Sora.

Also: Awesome new avatar, Haunted One. RDR art is so hard to find on the interwebz
Are you kidding me? FF4 is very iconic. That's like saying Kid Icarus wasn't iconic, or Fire Emblem even. I mean, seriously. It makes too much sense to put FF4 characters in Smash, actually, ESPECIALLY considering FF4 being remade to the DS and releasing in a few months in Japan.

Jiggy

SuperAngelo64 said:
If Square gets a rep it will either be Geno or Sora.
Sakurai considers Geno first-party, or so people here told me whenever I tried to argue that the reason he wouldn't be in is because Square had other characters to choose from. So if they're correct, then theoretically both Geno and some other Square character could make it into the game...

Edit: And if one green-haired magic-using Final Fantasy girl gets in, please be Terra. :D

Innotech

Banned
Zeed said:
Don't be so sure.

well for one thing it would cause a bigger backlash tha the MH3 announcement. It would absolutely destroy the internet, cause mass hysteria, and generally piss off every Square fan in existence.
I want to see it happen :lol

Kusagari

I doubt they'd put Cloud in. If Square got a true character(Not a random BLM or something) I guarantee it will be Sora. He seems perfect for this type of game.

Darkpen said:
Are you kidding me? FF4 is very iconic. That's like saying Kid Icarus wasn't iconic, or Fire Emblem even. I mean, seriously. It makes too much sense to put FF4 characters in Smash, actually, ESPECIALLY considering FF4 being remade to the DS and releasing in a few months in Japan.

When most people think Final Fantasy they think of Cloud Strife.

I don't really like the character but that's just the plain and simple truth.

Final Fantasy's true 'boom' was in the Playstation era, as much as I hate to admit it.

Hell, I'd love to see Cecil in this game MORE than Sonic, but it just won't happen.

Zeed

Banned
Innotech said:
well for one thing it would cause a bigger backlash tha the MH3 announcement. It would absolutely destroy the internet, cause mass hysteria, and generally piss off every Square fan in existence.
Ahem.

DQ9.

Kusagari said:
I doubt they'd put Cloud in. If Square got a true character(Not a random BLM or something) I guarantee it will be Sora. He seems perfect for this type of game.
Sora belongs to Disney, not Square.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Sakurai considers Geno first-party, or so people here told me whenever I tried to argue that the reason he wouldn't be in is because Square had other characters to choose from. So if they're correct, then theoretically both Geno and some other Square character could make it into the game...

Edit: And if one green-haired magic-using Final Fantasy girl gets in, please be Terra. :D

Where did Sakurai say this? Is there a source?

And I whole-heartedly agree with you on Terra. While I don't think any specific Square character will be in (it will be a generic class or a Moogle, mark my words), Terra would be my top pick.

And Kefka as a Subspace boss!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kusagari said:

I dunno, considering he is kinda the headliner of their Smash Bros type game I doubt he'd show up.

Jiggy

Innotech said:
I want to see it happen :lol
Including me, because I hated FF7 and want it to go away. :(

But I still kind of want to see the train wreck too.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Kefka would be pretty awesome in Smash.

His final Smash would be amazing...

40%20-%20Kefka.gif

Innotech said:
no you dont get what Im saying. Hes not really that special. hes a rather generic boxer character and aside from his game kicking ass, he really doesnt stand out enough to be a main featured character. All the characters have a bit of a boxing move, so Little Mac would just seem really plain.

they could have easily updated the NES Little Mac and made him awesome.

and I get how he seems generic in Punch Out, but he is a boxer who wants to take on the world, that is enough to make him awesome.

I thought the boxer in Super Punch Out was generic, but Lil Mac was completely awesome. He didn't say anything, and he didn't have to. You WANTED to win for that little guy. I always felt bad when he looked like he got the shit kicked out of him in between rounds.

Zeed said:
Sora belongs to Disney, not Square.

I thought Sora himself belonged to Square?

All they'd have to do is change the Mickey Mouse icon on his Keyblade to something else and I'm pretty sure they can use him without having to pay royalties to Disney.

Darkpen

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
When most people think Final Fantasy they think of Cloud Strife.

I don't really like the character but that's just the plain and simple truth.

Final Fantasy's true 'boom' was in the Playstation era, as much as I hate to admit it.

Hell, I'd love to see Cecil in this game MORE than Sonic, but it just won't happen.
that would be the case for the 1997 generation, yes, but for Nintendo fans? I don't think so. Again, I'd like to make note of the fact that FF4 is coming out for DS this December in Japan, and it would only make too much sense to have FF4 characters.

Iam Canadian

SuperAngelo64 said:
I thought Sora himself belonged to Square?

All they'd have to do is change the Mickey Mouse icon on his Keyblade to something else and I'm pretty sure they can use him without having to pay royalties to Disney.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Disney owns the rights to the Sora character. I'm not sure about any other character created specifically for KH by Square (Kairi, Riku, Organization XIII...), though.

So I guess now that Sonic is out of the way the discussion for the rest of forever is going to be about possible square characters until it's proven/disproven?

and btw... uh check the post count jesus on a cracker.

hiryu2015

If Square gets involved at all, their first priority should be getting the necessary Mario RPG elements into the game--anything else would be a bonus!

Zeed

Banned
POST NUMBER 30,001

Fireworks.jpg

GAF MILESTONE

I NOW DECLARE THIS POST A HISTORICAL LANDMARK

istockphoto_2415327_celebration_toast_with_champagne.jpg

Cheers guys, here's to how far we've come and how far we've yet to go!

EDIT:

anewrecord.png

:D

hiryu2015 said:
If Square gets involved at all, their first priority should be getting the necessary Mario RPG elements into the game--anything else would be a bonus!

Exactly. Geno and Mallow are mission 1 and 1a.

EDIT: CHEERS!

Darkpen said:
that would be the case for the 1997 generation, yes, but for Nintendo fans? I don't think so. Again, I'd like to make note of the fact that FF4 is coming out for DS this December in Japan, and it would only make too much sense to have FF4 characters.

Well I'm not going to argue my point anymore, because honestly, this game surprises me alot.

What happened the last time I thought an unnoticed RPG only hardcore fans like would be excluded?

Bam, Lucas update.

:D

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Where did Sakurai say this? Is there a source?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthr...hlight=Geno+first-party+character#post8013981

Down a bit, Geno appeared on the first-party character list from the polls rather than the third-party. Ironically enough, it was SuperAngelo who noticed this.

And I whole-heartedly agree with you on Terra. While I don't think any specific Square character will be in (it will be a generic class or a Moogle, mark my words), Terra would be my top pick.
Agreed, it would more likely be Moogle or DQ Hero or something.

Iam Canadian

The thing about Final Fantasy, though, is that no one character represents the franchise as whole. Cloud may be famous, yes, but he only represents one Final Fantasy game and its myriad of crappy spinoffs. Cecil is only in one Final Fantasy game. Sadly, so is Terra. The only elements that really carry over the whole series are the classes (Black Mage, Knight...), the Moogles and Chocobos, and various monsters. So I think it's far more likely that a generic class or a Moogle will be a Smash Bros. character if we get a Square character at all.

lol, Zeed only has one more post until he reaches 1000 posts in this thread alone.

he can actually prepare for this one, but that wont help Lynn become a playable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom