• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got it from a background that has been posted much earlier in the thread.

And Darkpen, thanks for the avatar. It's awesome. :D

I think tomorrow will be another Sonic update. Hopefully level.

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that SSBB will never come out?

In that it seems like it's going to be so awesome to be a real game

I mean, SSBM was HUGE with unlockables, and had a great multi-player. If it excels in all fields and doubles SSBM's content, then we're looking at probably one of the most epic Nintendo games ever made!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Danthrax said:
I suppose, but it's no excuse... none of them should have pointless moves. (PK Fire has its uses BTW, mostly to annoy an approaching opponent while you move in to smash them.)

From my understanding his Forward+B differs because you remain in that state and have some maneuverability while still curled up in a ball, including the ability to jump, whereas the Spin Dash Down+B just sens you KEEEEEEEEEE-ing off at incredible speed, like Jigglypuff's Rollout move but without the ability to break out of it should you accidentally fly towards a hazard or off the screen.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
SovanJedi said:
So uh, yeah. There's far too much stuff to cover now. I hate these leaked impressions now because there's so much stuff that's easily lost and there's going to be a lot of:

"I hope Metroid is a playable ch- oh, it's an Assist Trophy? When did they-? Oh... Oh okay then. Must've missed that."

"Well then, I predict that LITTLE MAC will be tomorrow's new cha- wait, WHAT? He's an Assist Trophy too? Bum nuggets, that's a downer. Forget it then."

Can anyone do a quick recap of the stuff that's been unveiled in the last 24 hours? (Excluding online co-op, delay and that blue hedgehog.)
Hmm...

Assist Trophies:

Metroid
Advance Wars Army
Little Mac
Drill Dozer

Final Smashes:

Meta Knight
Peach
Sonic
Zero Suit Samus (reverts back to regular Samus)

Multiple Smash Balls per round

Norfair stage - rising lava

Castle Siege lower level cave

Dark Link alternate color for Link
Green and blue alternate color for Mario (Luigi out?) (nevermind)
Goggles alternate costume for Pikachu (Pichu out?)

Character intros return

Umm....what else?...

Jiggy

A Link to the Snitch said:
Does anyone else ever get the feeling that SSBB will never come out?
Sure, just watch. The laws of physics will decide that since something so good has been created, something horrible must happen to restore balance, and thus a very small and localized--but still powerful--tsunami will destroy all and only the computers containing the code for SSBB. :(

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
MetatronM said:
Hmm...

Assist Trophies:

Metroid
Advance Wars Army
Little Mac
Drill Dozer

Final Smashes:

Meta Knight
Peach
Sonic
Zero Suit Samus (reverts back to regular Samus)

Multiple Smash Balls per round

Norfair stage - rising lava

Castle Siege lower level cave

Dark Link alternate color for Link
Green and blue alternate color for Mario (Luigi out?)
Goggles alternate costume for Pikachu (Pichu out?)

Character intros return

Umm....what else?...

:eek:

ant1532 said:
Sakurai has already stated the whole original cast is going to be in Brawl.

:O

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, and if you want to add it, we also know now that Smash Balls need to be attacked before they can be obtained, and it normally requires multiple attacks, giving people a chance to steal it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So come on ant, tell us where Sakurai stated the original cast would make it in! I'm on tenderhooks here.

EDIT: Not good enough! We demand photographic evidence of you getting his signature on an airtight contract stating this fact! And I want it yesterday!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I like that, according to the Halo 3 thread, we're "that Mario thread". That should be in the thread title.

scola said:
If Onett was a fan service level then they would have included the Onett theme instead of the silly music they put in it. Onett theme is so so so awesome. I hope it appears in my music.

"Bein' Friends" (the default Onett music in Melee) is not silly music. I take it you haven't played the original Mother? "Bein' Friends" was one of the overworld themes in that game (along with "Pollyanna", the other Onett tune in Melee). Plus, the Melee remix had the "boss battle beginning" riff in it. That brought a big grin to my face the first time I heard it.

I do love the Onett song, but we got some good tunes in its place. Now, for My Music, I hope we get "Pollyanna" and "Bein' Friends" complete with lyrics and some kick-butt remixes of Onett, Twoson, Fourside, Battle With Giygas....hell, just remix the whole soundtrack.

MetatronM said:
Oh, and if you want to add it, we also know now that Smash Balls need to be attacked before they can be obtained, and it normally requires multiple attacks, giving people a chance to steal it.
I think they can also steal it when you're holding on to it and aren't using it.

Iam Canadian

I seem to remember that Sakurai has contradicted things he said on the original Dojo site, though. I remember reading posts about it, but I can't confirm it...

I need one of the walking repositories of information here. Jiggy?

C'mon guys. Sonic's forward+b and down+b aren't the same move. They both involve spinball-Sonic, so they will look similar in screenshots, but the videos have shown that they are two distinct moves.

Darkpen

Banned
Here's something I drew right now D:

:p

Maybe I should just troll the halo therad, but I imagine that's against TOS

kirby-mcpower.jpg

Iam Canadian

WastingPenguins said:
C'mon guys. Sonic's forward+b and down+b aren't the same move. They both involve spinball-Sonic, so they will look similar in screenshots, but the videos have shown that they are two distinct moves.

I was kind of hoping Sonic's forward-B would be the Lightspeed Dash, myself.

Of course, if it operated even remotely like how it does in the Sonic games, it would throw you into bottomless pits over and over and OVER again.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Darkpen said:

Yeah, you'd definitely get banned for a long time.

Stop with this stupid thread wars shit you guys.

Innotech

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
One of them seems like jigglypuffs roll. the other one is a homing attack.

Iam Canadian

Darkpen said:

[Kirby does gaming a favour]

Don't do it, but it would be absolutely hilarious regardless.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
OliveJuice said:
Where did ZZS revert come from?
I haven't seen it yet, but it was in a couple of the various impressions posted. There are too many for me to keep track of which is which now.

So far I think we only have descriptions but no video for all the new Final Smashes except for Sonic's.

Innotech

Banned
Darkpen said:

kirby-mcpower.jpg
theyll probably come in here and no doubt see that anyway

It makes me think now about all the weird shit Kirby is gonna turn into.
I look forward to seeing it.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I hope we get "Pollyanna" and "Bein' Friends" complete with lyrics
YES! :D Along with Captain Falcon's GX theme, Pollyanna is my number one most-wanted vocal song for Brawl... And with every vocal song we get, it's seeming more and more likely.
Edit: And whenever I start predicting Mother music again, that will be what I predict.

Iam Canadian said:
I seem to remember that Sakurai has contradicted things he said on the original Dojo site, though. I remember reading posts about it, but I can't confirm it...

I need one of the walking repositories of information here. Jiggy?
I never followed the original Dojo, sadly. :( But I will say I've never actually seen anybody back up their claims that Sakurai said the originals were returning.

ckohler

I'm kinda new to this whole thread so can someone tell me at what time the Dojo site typically updates? I'm hoping they'll reveal Sonic's stage tonight.

Linkhero1

Jiggy37 said:
YES! :D Along with Captain Falcon's GX theme, Pollyanna is my number one most-wanted vocal song for Brawl... And with every vocal song we get, it's seeming more and more likely.
Edit: And whenever I start predicting Mother music again, that will be what I predict.

I never followed the original Dojo, sadly. :( But I will say I've never actually seen anybody back up their claims that Sakurai said the originals were returning.
Yes Yes and YES!

Innotech

Banned
Jiggy37 said:

Reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DVF7oTgzpE

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ckohler said:
I'm kinda new to this whole thread so can someone tell me at what time the Dojo site typically updates? I'm hoping they'll reveal Sonic's stage tonight.

4pm Japan time, I have no idea what time that is for anyone else.

Probably 3AM Eastern?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
ckohler said:
Japan Time

I mean, 3 am Eastern Time. Give or take, depending on the megatonocity of the update.

mclem

Innotech said:
It makes me think now about all the weird shit Kirby is gonna turn into.
I look forward to seeing it.

I don't think they've bothered with covering the B moves of characters who are largely unchanged in functionality (Someone able to correct me, there? I can't think of any off the top of my head), but I'm wondering if they'll make an exception for Kirby so they can throw in a montage of new Kirby skins.

I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to also post a skin for a Kirby transform for a character who hasn't yet been revealed, with one of his "What is this? Wait and see..." style captions. Speculation would go nuts.

I said it last night, it didn't happen, so I'll try again for tonight: Stage and music: Green Hill Zone; also, Super Sonic

Oh, and as an aside: Sonic Final Smash music really *ought* to be the invulnerability theme.

Linkhero1

Iam Canadian said:
Neither have I, which is too bad, because I really wish it were true.
It was probably in a Mag or something. I also remember reading something like that. I'm going to do some research and find it.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Oh, waiting for Pac-Man.... yeah, I'm just waiting for Pac-Man... singing slightly off-key as I'm waiting for Pac-Man...

Iam Canadian

mclem said:
Oh, and as an aside: Sonic Final Smash music really *ought* to be the invulnerability theme.

The only thing it should be is the Super Sonic theme from Sonic 2.

But watch it be Live and Learn. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom