• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, nothing can beat grandjedi's suggestion. No troll Kubo comes up with can now match my expectations.

Isn't that getting cancelled?
No. It keeps chilling in the back of Jump. Its this generations Jaguar. With Kurokuorkuroku bombing and HimeDol as well it still has some life left in it.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 28

A girl's number descend from heaven.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 29

Another innocence lost to a deer.

bcgqxB7.jpg

Kami-sama Drop

Unlucky guy meets a god and agrees to become her servant hoping she can turn his luck around.

Thought it was pretty average up to that point (The girl the guy has a crush on is cute though) and I truthfully only stuck around for the fanservice courtesy of kami-sama.

Then the last five pages happen

Well, this just became very interesting.

Wagatsuma-san wa ore no yome -- all available chapters.

Wahahaha. I love this manga. It was a bit confusing at first because there are two different starts to the manga -- and I would recommend starting from the original chapter 1, but man this is hilarious. It's more comedy than romance at this point. It took a while to get used to the DX club and it's more about them than I would like but it's still quite funny. Highly recommend to those looking for a solid romantic comedy.

Aizo

Banned
Hyōryū Kyōshitsu - Vol. 9-11
jia3ReR.png

I feel blasphemous for saying this, but I didn't think this was good. I definitely don't think it's bad, but it has many flaws. It's a classic, so I read it. I like Umezu, and this was supposedly his masterpiece, but I don't see it that way. There are many plot devices that are introduced, and quickly abandoned. How Sho and his mother are able to communicate is never explained. The concept that some of the horrors they encounter are caused by the children's imaginations is never fleshed out. The spider people just leave because of Sho's speech? There are tons of monsters that just hang out, devouring things, but never attack the children? Some guy's arm is teleported to the future, and randomly saves the children at the end?

Another flaw is that the characters don't really develop, and some of their interactions are complete bullshit. Saki tries to kill herself before they attempt to return to the future because she doesn't think Sho loves her? What? Otomo suddenly confesses that it's all his fault, even though countless kids died because of him, and they forgive him?! It's just ridiculous. It's a pretty rough read, but if you like sociology, you'll probably enjoy it. Maybe I just need to give it some time, but right now, I am confused why it's hailed to be such an amazing piece. I've read better Horror manga before, and I actually wouldn't even consider this to be Horror. It's more like a post-apocalyptic sociological experiment with morals grounded in environmentalism.

If someone wants to read story about how children would realistically act on their own in dire situations, though, I'll just recommend that they read Lord of the Flies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think people read an Umezu manga to be horrified, though quite a number of people read them to laugh at how batshit insane it is.

FYC

Banned
To those of you who read Toriko, what do you think of it? I'm a few episodes into the anime but I think I'm going to switch over to the manga(long story). I'd love to read some thoughts though.

Stulaw

Billionaire Girl
8 chapters have been released so far and it looks to be a straight up romance manga. It's about an 18 year old girl who has made billions on the stock market, and has become day trading otaku, the main character however is a guy who is hired part time as a maths tutor for her, but is mainly there to keep her company. It's good so far, and although I know where it's heading, and there's also a potential bad guy/love rival for the MC, I just want to read more.

Aizo

Banned
I don't think people read an Umezu manga to be horrified, though quite a number of people read them to laugh at how batshit insane it is.

His short stories are pretty creepy.

I will have a different mindset when reading Fourteen, obviously.

Aizo

Banned
Have you read fourteen yet btw?

Because you have to read fourteen.

Who was it last week that told me the same thing when I mentioned that Horror is my one of my favorite manga genres? Anyway, I said that I would get to it after I finished Hyōryū Kyōshitsu, and I finished that today. I'm trying to finish a few other things that aren't publishing before I start anything new, though.

Soon...

Raxus

Bleach

I guess we haven't seen their final forms

Naruto

I really just want this arc to be over. What a disappointed end for
Shikamaru
. Odds are good they will pull another reason to revive everyone who parished except Neji.

Aizo

Banned
X/1999 - Vol. 4-5
I believe I've mentioned that I choose certain music to accompany my reading. Black Metal works pretty well with X. I'm diggin' it.
Why is Kamui such a prick?

There are many characters, so I feel that when the Dragons of either side start dying, I won't know who they are. What could possibly be appealing for Kamui to become a Dragon of Earth? I imagine something to do with his two childhood friends may effect his opinion...

I'm most excited for the showdown between Seishirō and Subaru. That'll be intense.

Wait, are we arguing whether Mikasa loves Eren romantically or not? Isn't it so painfully obvious that she's indeed in love with him? So much so that she even made him the reason for her living?

So late to this (backlog), but how are people seeing Mikasa expressing romantic interest in Eren, shes like an emotionless slab of cement, so it seems rather impossible for that to be true. She even abandoned Eren early on to pursue her own pursuits wholly responsible for his ingestion. Theres more romantic interest with Eren and his rival of sorts than mikasa and eren.

Eh. There's a lot Naruto has pulled from the Kyuubi (very lately), never having seen any jinchuriki perform attacks like that before him, and he knew how to work perfectly with Kurama's provided chakra without much instruction from Kurama himself.

You make a good point, but if Kishi wanted to let perfect Susanoo happen for Sasuke and for him to be able to use it well, it's gunna happen when it needs to happen. You know? Anything to move the plot along in a direction, even if Sasuke has to awaken "deep hatred" or unlock "power of friendship" shit as an excuse to get to that form. Which reminds me of something. Sharingans supposedly get stronger after emotional triggers. Kishi has already made an excuse for any powerup to come if there needs to be one.

It's not exactly the same. Naruto trained with Killer Bee, a fellow Jinchuriki who told him some tricks like Bijou bomb and extended arms. And those where Things Naruto had always do but never had control over it.

He also new about the Kurama's while fighting him to seal him. He got frustrated hand experience on looks, and abilities. (He also turned into the Kyuubi long time ago using a transformation move on the toad, everyone in Konoha knows how he looks)

He also interacted with every tail beast and Jinchuriki inside of Son Goku. It makes sense for him.

Sasuke on the other hand, had a Susanoo similar to Itachi's with the second form being exactly like Madara's first and his last bring cloaked like Itachi's.

Then out of nowhere his second form gets legs and a big increase in size (Sasuke fits on his head). I don't think Sasuke gained anything significant from the last time he fought, so the change was weird. Not that it's surprising since Naruto trains, tricks, and talks his way into power ups while Sasuke has them because Uchiha hax.

R.I.P

Toriko

Blegh, I hate flashbacks in the middle of fights.

Beelzebub

Finally a comedy chapter, liked the mini-Furuichi's.

Aizo

Banned
I feel like I'm monopolizing this page, so I'm going to stop posting for the night, after this.
I'm trying to catch up with a bunch of series I started, so I'm reading Otoyomegatari right now. I just wanted to say that I really love the art, obviously, but I also really like the small touches outside of the panels. I thought it was awesome that the frames became black at night, but this was really some gorgeous panel arrangement.. The frame fade for sunrise is fantastically clever, I think.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So is this upcoming tourney the end of Baby Steps or what? Because they sure are making it seem like he has to win or die.

scy

Kami-sama Drop

Unlucky guy meets a god and agrees to become her servant hoping she can turn his luck around.

Thought it was pretty average up to that point (The girl the guy has a crush on is cute though) and I truthfully only stuck around for the fanservice courtesy of kami-sama.

Yeah, the other girl looks good. But I guess she'll probably not matter in the end.

Well, especially if ... the last few pages happen.

So is this upcoming tourney the end of Baby Steps or what? Because they sure are making it seem like he has to win or die.

There's like ... another hundred-ish chapters out so unless you're expecting the next tournament to be super long, I'm going with no :x

The series gave itself an out.

I just want to see more Nacchan.

OuFBP4V.png

Akito

There's like ... another hundred-ish chapters out so unless you're expecting the next tournament to be super long, I'm going with no :x
The tournament is still ongoing from what I've seen and the end is not imminent either :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom