• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
It seems hard, but i would love to master the Wiimote-only control. But the CC will probably be my ultimate choice.

Amazing how they don't use any of the Wiimote's special abilities. Just its regular buttons.

Darkpen

Banned
....what if Nintendo released a bluetooth-compatible gamecube -mold controller? D:

Wouldn't that be awesome?

:(
and it'll probably never happen

mio said:
Amazing how they don't use any of the Wiimote's special abilities. Just its regular buttons.
This can only be a good thing I would imagine. Waggle when using the Wiimote NES-style is kind of irritating, like Metal Slug Anthology where you have to do that to lob grenades/bombs. I'm really glad there's no waggle functionality in there. I still think that this control scheme looks uncomfortable, but who knows, after some practice and adjusting it could probably work really well.

jts

...hate me...
Darkpen said:
....what if Nintendo released a bluetooth-compatible gamecube -mold controller? D:

Wouldn't that be awesome?

:(
and it'll probably never happen
Yes. Wavebird 2. With Rumble. I would kill for it!

...as long as they also allow button remapping on the VC.

Haunted

What a boring update. I don't know that pokemon and I'm not that interested in using the Wiimote only.

Of course, I'll give it a spin, but I don't expect it to be better than the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Haunted One said:
What a boring update. I don't know that pokemon and I'm not that interested in using the Wiimote only.

Of course, I'll give it a spin, but I don't expect it to be better than the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo.

Does that combo use motion controllers? I want motion controllers in Brawl!

Haunted

SuperAngelo64 said:
How can you not know Meowth? He used to be just as big as Pikachu a few years back! Are you living under a rock or something?

Oh, that's right, Europe. :D
What? Pikachu is the main pokemon of the series, isn't it? How could any other pokemon be as big?

And pokemon is huge in Europe as well. I'm just living under a rock not interested, that's all. :p

Haunted One said:
What? Pikachu is the main pokemon of the series, isn't it? How could any other pokemon be as big?

And pokemon is huge in Europe as well. I'm just living under a rock not interested, that's all. :p

Was a joke, but Meowth was sort've the villain Pokemon of the anime series that was really big. The good guys were like Ash and his shitty friends and Pikachu and the bad guys were Team Rocket and Meowth.

Haunted One said:

IIRC Meowth was - in the anime at least - Team Rocket's equivalent of Pikachu, so he was pretty prominent.

Haunted

SuperAngelo64 said:
Was a joke, but Meowth was sort've the villain Pokemon of the anime series that was really big. The good guys were like Ash and his shitty friends and Pikachu and the bad guys were Team Rocket and Meowth.
oh, oh! I know Team Rocket!

There was this awesome joke .jpg (from 4chan?) about them.

mio said:
Meowth was the only talking Pokemon, wasn't he?

Meowth and Mewtwo.

I think that Lukario thing can talk too, but I don't keep up with the anime anymore.

I know Mewtwo is the only Pokemon that can talk in Nintendo canon (he even talks in japanese Smash Melee's victory screens)

Ramenman

I really want to try the Wiimote only scheme, it looks spot on.

The only worry I have is about jumping. How do you jump sideways ? You tap Up then sideways ?

I'm not even gonna bother with any control scheme that doesn't involve GC or Classic Controller. Maybe if everybody is drunk and wants to play silly, or for novelty stipulation type matches "ok guys, for the next match let's all use the waggle controls!" and watch everyone struggle adapting

Gryphter said:
I'm not even gonna bother with any control scheme that doesn't involve GC or Classic Controller. Maybe if everybody is drunk and wants to play silly, or for novelty stipulation type matches "ok guys, for the next match let's all use the waggle controls!" and watch everyone struggle adapting

Well there really is no "waggle", just simplicity.

I think the main reason they're pushing the Wiimote-only mode is because they don't want to turn this game into a Crystal Chronicles or Four Swords mess. If they forced you to buy accessories for this game it really wouldn't be good for the game's overall presentation, so I really don't blame them for pushing the Wiimote as much as they are.

With that said I will probably be playing with GC controller (may even buy a few new ones when this comes out) or Wiimote + Nunchuck.. because I already have a custom setting planned out.

As a Mario player I didn't get to taunt much because I could make a goddamn fajita and then come back and he'd still be growing.

They confirmed "3 different taunts" in one of the hands-on videos for Brawl, I'm hoping Mario gets an awesome quick one.

Like a little "Let's-a go!" as he adjusts his hat.

Haunted

Holy Order Sol said:
Whenever I get a chance. Because I REALLY want to see everyone's moves.
:lol It's just encouragement!

Loving your new avatar. I hope it gets updated when the new Falcon is revealed?

mclem

SuperAngelo64 said:
How can you not know Meowth? He used to be just as big as Pikachu a few years back! Are you living under a rock or something?
Meowth: The Andrew Ridgeley of the Pokémon world.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Jiggy37 said:
Oh boy. :lol Cue that one elitist dude who came in here a while back saying that the Wiimote and Wiimote/nunchuk combos should have been the only ones available.

If you're talking about me, I sure as hell never said it should only support the Remote by itself! I'm not THAT crazy.

(PS: I've settled on using the Classic Controller anyway, happy ending for all.)

I haven't played the 64 game in the longest time, and all my memories of Meowth involve it just being a nuisance than a real damage maker. Is that a correct recollection?

Dr.Hadji

Koomaster said:
Unfortunately, my friends who have played with me a long time have instituted anti-annoyance rules made especially for me when we play.

One of those rules is that I'm only allowed to use Kirby if I don't taunt except to get rid of a power. I think the first 10 minute long match where I taunted every chance I got drove my friends over the edge. HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY! HIIIIAAAAAAAAY!

I love his taunt so much tho! ^_______^

You guys have no idea how effective Kirby taunt is. I've gone to many tournaments over the years, and I believe I have perfected Kirby's Taunt game.

I'll give you some examples.

1) Kill them, and taunt. This is obvious. Everyone should know this
2) Kill them and don't stop taunting until they hit you again. Don't worry about dying or the damage. Their mind will be so frazzled that you gave them a free hit, that they're sure to mess up in the near future.
3) When you have a clear killing opportunity, taunt, then run away. This tells them that you have absolute control over the match (even if you don't) and they'll wonder how much you're "taking it easy on him." That one is sure to mess with their minds.
4) Instead of dashing or dodging around. Start walking as slowly as possible. When they come up to hit you, slowly walk out of the way of all their attacks. And right when they use a smash, spot dodge and taunt. OOOOOooo they get pissed.

I've used all these in tournament play with great success. Try them on your friends today. Watch as your friends disappear!

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
grandjedi6 said:
No but now that Sonic is in Megaman is the next likely character
It would be sweet, but I think you guys are all getting carried away. Not trying to be a naysayer. Its just that I havent seen anything to suggest Mega Man over other third party characters... I havent even seens much strong evidence that there are more than two third party characters.

CreatureX3 said:
basic07_071017f-l.jpg

Yoshi sure has a big foot...

Anyways, SSB Meowth vs SSBB Meowth comparison

SSB Meowth (Best i can find)
Meowth.thumbnail.gif

SSBB Meowth

mball06_071017b-l.jpg

Dr.Hadji said:
2) Kill them and don't stop taunting until they hit you again. Don't worry about dying or the damage. Their mind will be so frazzled that you gave them a free hit, that they're sure to mess up in the near future.
3) When you have a clear killing opportunity, taunt, then run away. This tells them that you have absolute control over the match (even if you don't) and they'll wonder how much you're "taking it easy on him." That one is sure to mess with their minds.
4) Instead of dashing or dodging around. Start walking as slowly as possible. When they come up to hit you, slowly walk out of the way of all their attacks. And right when they use a smash, spot dodge and taunt. OOOOOooo they get pissed.

I've used all these in tournament play with great success. Try them on your friends today. Watch as your friends disappear!

:lol That is awesome and I will definitely try it.
Yet another "guide to pissing off your friends".

Koomaster

Dr.Hadji said:
You guys have no idea how effective Kirby taunt is. I've gone to many tournaments over the years, and I believe I have perfected Kirby's Taunt game.

This is why I'm not allowed to taunt with Kirby, it pisses my friends off. I'd rather play with them than not. ^_______^

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
In a way, this update was even more of a letdown than the infamous Piplup; we didn't even get a new Pokemon this time. And we got controls. Huzzah.

Iam Canadian said:
In a way, this update was even more of a letdown than the infamous Piplup; we didn't even get a new Pokemon this time. And we got controls. Huzzah.
Now that Sakurai has to give us two more months of updates, expect a whole lot more lame updates. :lol

Iam Canadian

CreatureX3 said:
Now that Sakurai has to give us two more months of updates, expect a whole lot more lame updates. :lol

I CAN'T HEAR YOU EVERY DAY AFTER TODAY WILL BE A MEGATON BELIEVE!

I think Sakurai will give us a fair lame-to-good update ratio. He delayed the game for a reason; I'm sure he's adding good stuff to the game even as we speak.

Iam Canadian

koam said:
Any chance we'll get a demo of smash this year?

My ludicrous hope is that it will come with the next issue of Nintendo Power.

It will not happen, but let me dream.

Hey, Jiggy, what was the last week in which we didn't get a character profile?

usea

I taunt incessantly in melee if I'm playing kirby, G&W or DK. My friend won't let me play gw because of how much he despises his taunt. DK's is my favorite though.

mCACGj

Iam Canadian said:
My ludicrous hope is that it will come with the next issue of Nintendo Power.

It will not happen, but let me dream.

HEY! Is that a huge Mother 3 spoiler in your avatar? I haven't even played the game! COME ON!

Iam Canadian

mCACGj said:
HEY! Is that a huge Mother 3 spoiler in your avatar? I haven't even played the game! COME ON!

Honestly, I haven't passed the prologue either. I just found the sprite and thought it looked cool and added to my avatar rotation. But to be fair, I removed it from the rotation.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Three weeks ago, September 24th to September 28th, the week of the update type palindrome: game mode, final smash, assist, final smash, game mode.

Prior to that, four weeks before, August 27th to August 31st. Then three weeks before that, August 6th to August 10th. Finally, ten weeks before then, May 28th to June 1st.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dr.Hadji said:

Holy shit. That sounds like fun.:lol

Edit: Young Link's lon lon milk taunt, pisses people off. I don't know if its because its so long, or the smarmy look he has. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom