• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

What do you like so much about it? I keep seeing it everywhere now, and I won't be able to keep myself from reading it for too much longer.

It's rather down-to-earth, the plot moves at a decent pace, and the main character is quite likable.

Also, Natsu is best girl:
Dove4qO.png

DarkMehm

Haikyuu had a very promising start, but it got stale now. The pacing is horrible. I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming Tokyo trip for the training matches is going to be over 50 chapters long. And that's just stupid training matches.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I need some more clarification here DTL.

Since she kept covering her chest with the towel.

Unless our main character is actually as dumb as akamatsu is making him out to be or is legally blind I don't see how he won't be able to tell koromaru's gender by now.

upandaway

What do you like so much about it? I keep seeing it everywhere now, and I won't be able to keep myself from reading it for too much longer.
It solves away pretty much every single thing that I don't really like in sports manga, I guess, if I had to try to rationalize. But I'm not good with those kinda things, so... dunno. It's really good. It's also dangerously adorable.

retcon: oh man scy you had to post that thing again GEEZ

Aizo

Banned
One of my favorites beside Allrounder Meguru and Chihayafuru. Mix would trump them all but it has yet to reach the sports part of the story.

I see on MAL that you are close to conquering Adachi, so I thought you'd bring up Mix. I can't start Meguru 'til I finish Eden, but I'm excited to read that.

Favorite ongoing sports manga?
...REAL I guess.
You make it sound so unenthusiastic.

Antiwhippy

Bonnouji vol 1

This is somehow a cute picture of a couple's first night together.

Holy hell, the last couple of chapters were some of the most convoluted, awkward and somewhat cute confession gymnastics that I have ever read.

It's about and girl and a guy getting to know each other through the weird stuff in the guy's room I guess.

Interested to see how this continues, but this definitely hits the wahjah bone in me. Definitely cute though.

Kurita

Hunter x Hunter vol.18

Greed Island is finally over, thank god.
It wasn't bad but not nearly as exciting as York Shin City.
And now the Chimera arc starts...

Antiwhippy

Bonnouji 32

Caught up, and while it has some adorable moments here and there, it's basically a story about two adults pretending to be 10-12 year old kids on a first date where apparently the ideal relationship is to have a boyfriend who's a fucking yes man with no personality beyond making his girlfriend happy.

So eh, I guess.

Necrovex

So, I decided to start reading I Am Hero, Eyeshield 21, Jojo (Part 1-3), and catch up on Aku No Hana. Of course I'll continue on Aunt's Tits because I am a demented human being.

Samurai Papa 01

y6FG8LZl.png

The adventures of a modern day samurai raising his daughter after his wife passes away.

It's cute and funny. It seems to be more the daily adventures and hopefully less of drama which makes it a light hearted read.

Unless our main character is actually as dumb as akamatsu is making him out to be or is legally blind I don't see how he won't be able to tell koromaru's gender by now.

Well, Touta has been doubtful Kuro is a guy ever since they met.

So he might actually be smart not to fall for Kuro trying to deny herself as a girl.

Yankee-kun and Megane-chan 194

A fun chapter that also shows the growth of Daichi's character, woo!

Yankee-kun and Megane-chan 195

Woo! Entrance exam time!

Medaka Box 192.5
aka How Kumagawa got his Groove Back.

Enjoyed this a lot, though it reminded me just how much I miss this series. I wish Saki had shown up more in the main story, since from memory she was my favourite minor character. Kumagawa is and always will be a legend.

Saki x Kumagawa is now my Medaka Box OTP

IHaveIce

Banned
Eyeshield 21

Ok started it finally...really disliking the thing about hiding Sena/Eyeshields identity, let me guess it takes a lot of chapters till everyone knows it?

DarkMehm

Hajime no Ippo 1-1030

Wow, quite a ride and long too. Took me about 3 months and couldn't really bother with other series. Now im freed up finally.

Ippo was really high quality until around 600 chapters. That's quite a feat itself for a manga to be really good for so long. The last 400 chapters were good too, but not up there. I miss the nice trainings (and training camps) from the beginning. The fights are really repetitive, you always know that Ippo will suffer at first and make a comeback win. And I don't like that fights aren't under 25 chapters now. They were much better paced in the beginning.

Itagakis title fight was a bit weird though. Does the author wants to speed up all of a sudden? I expected another 30 chapters fight. I don't complain though, it's better this way.

Necrovex

Eyeshield 21

Ok started it finally...really disliking the thing about hiding Sena/Eyeshields identity, let me guess it takes a lot of chapters till everyone knows it?

I remember watching like a 100 episodes of ES21 back in high school, and the identity was still hidden.

Yankee to Megane 194-5
Finally exam time but that was an interesting twist at the end

Medaka Box 192.5
This was a nice look at Kumagawa at both his pre-story and post-story ways. Saki is a great character as well. I genuinely liked all of her appearances in both manga and anime

Necrovex

On the anime suggestion thread, someone mentioned Claymore. At that point, I became curious about the manga. Is it done yet or is it still ongoing? The last time I dug around was in 2010.

Scum

It's so easy for me to lose my way with Claymore, but it also doesn't help that it's a monthly series. :-/

Lain

The Beast House 1-2

Hakaba's gonna Hakaba, I guess.
I'm already feeling like shit thinking on how this is going to end.

Read a ton of manga during my ban, Some impressions.

I Am a Hero

An excellent zombie apocalypse manga. Unlike a zombie apocalypse set in US, Lack of guns sets its apart from them. Even though main character is one of the few people with a gun. Also has a lot of humor in the earlier chapters. By the same mangaka of ressentiment and boys on the run.

Dr. Frost

Korean webtoon about a genius psychologist who is kinda fucked up in his own way. Reminds me of Liar game and Kaiji in it's psychological themes. Definitely worth reading.

Jin

Manga about a Japanese surgeon who goes back in time to the 19th century. The premise may seem a bit overdone, But it's done well enough and manages to keep reader's interest over time.

Kiseijuu

Earlier work of the mangaka for Historie, About alien parasites who have started invading earth. Main character is partially infected by a parastie, A seinen series quite different from the usual shounen stuff.

Read plenty of other stuff but nothing particularly worth mentioning.

Antiwhippy

Not that many chapters.
The reveal is so badass though.

The reveal is pretty badass but didn't they reveal it halfway through? That's quite a number of chapters.

Also there are some really dumb logic defying moments in how he hides his identity.

wonzo

Banned
wahjah moe 48

notpopular48.png

Adding the third "friend" from the middle school spinoff to act as a foil in the main series has been the single best decision the author's made w/r/t this series.

Aku no Hana 49

it'shappening.gif

New Waves 129

damn son

Cat Soup 3

The brothers are no strangers to kangaroo courts. The sadistic nature of p. much everything in this is kinda amazing yet messed up if you know about the history with the late author.

Necrovex

The reveal is pretty badass but didn't they reveal it halfway through? That's quite a number of chapters.

Also there are some really dumb logic defying moments in how he hides his identity.

After watching some shorts by some Japanese directors (The ABCs of Death), Japanese logic can be baffling.

I might start reading ES21 sometime tonight or tomorrow. I enjoyed the anime openings, so I'll be blasting that as I read the manga.

Antiwhippy

medaka box 192.5

Wait, I cannot recall what happened between sukinasaki and kumagawa at all. When did the whole memory loss thing happen?

Acid08

Banned
So I went to my local comic shop to pick up some stuff today and I as I walk up to the counter I notice the owner reading Death Note. He said it was the first manga he's read in about 25 years, he was on volume 6 and had just started the day before. This guy had to be mid to late 50's and I was pretty surprised. He told me a little bit about how much manga he sells, said 90% of it is Naruto.

Most of the manga in the store is on clearance because no one buys it, kind of depressing.

wonzo

Banned
Une histoire d'un amateur de friandises 1
There's something about Est Em's (Lady of Udon, Golondrina) art and her approach to romance that really connects with me. This interesting and really stylistic story about chocolate is certainly no different. I really do love how the this uses various shades of brown instead of the usual B&W.

Flag Time 1
When time stopping hyjinx meet lesbians. I guess I'll give it a few chapters to see if it ends up going anywhere.

Medaka Box 192.5

I guess that's that, for reals. :(

medaka box 192.5

Wait, I cannot recall what happened between sukinasaki and kumagawa at all. When did the whole memory loss thing happen?
well played

Kurita

Well technically there are two reveals.
First one :
When they accept to do the Death March, chapter 77
Second one :
When they face the Bando Spiders, chapter 154
(which is halfway through, you're right)

IHaveIce

Banned
Well technically there are two reveals.
First one :
When they accept to do the Death March, chapter 77
Second one :
When they face the Bando Spiders, chapter 154
(which is halfway through, you're right)
Does the girl find out sooner? Because it is so stupid that even Monta recognized him on first sight but his childhood friend not.

But quite a good manga for now!

Theonik

Ore no Pantsu ga Nerawareteita 01
Greatest love story ever told.
Basically this manga is about a guy who is secretly obsessed with Shoujo manga who suddenly gets confessed to by a peculiar girl that seems to only be interested in his underwear. Will he still be able to attain his ideal Shoujo Manga love with the girl he actually likes? Will underwear girl win? Will Japan ever run out of Panty manga plotlines? I don't know.
Yeah a pretty entertaining first chapter. The art was pretty cute too, will be reading this if not out of morbid curiosity.

Stulaw

Mamori is one of the most annoyingly dense characters I've come across in any form of media. I loved Eyeshield 21 though, only read through it a few months back.

Okitsune-Sama De Chu 1-30[End]
Imagine if you will, Eiken mixed with a gender bending magical girl manga where the main guy is worthless, and most of the girls in his harem are barely seen or heard, mixed with a bit of My Balls towards the end. Before you know it, you may have seen, the Scary Door.

Gakuto no Vector 1-12 (END)
Congratulations, Bloody Maiden, you have been usurped as the monarch of wasted potential. I was hyped for cute girls doing cute philosophy, but within a few chapters it had degenerated into an underwhelming student support club setting with incest and yuri. If there was any real enjoyment to be had from the bait and switch, it was snuffed out by the poor translation. At least the axe came down relatively quickly and put it out of its misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom