• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Silver spoon

l9ZSOqF.png

Poor (lucky?) Vice president.

I think I can see where the whole pork buying operation and komaba's situation will intersact with each other now, and it'll be interesting to see if hachiken can pull it off. I do love that the manga is transitioning to a business manga as well as a farming one.

Also fuck yeah at hachiken's brother appearing again. Seems like he's got quite the catch too.

Next chapter is gonna be a fun one. Not that there is a silver spoon chapter that isn't fun.

Nyotai Ka 1-39

A guy who got turned into a woman can only turn back when he's aroused, and vice versa.

Yeah.

Kinda fun I guess in a way, though the guy is way too vulnerable as a woman and the men are all really creepily predatorish when he's a woman. Though he's kind of an idiot in general anyway. Luckily he has a strong girlfriend who can turn into a man when she's aroused too... it's a long story.

Also, ALOT of sex.

dramatis

Kinda fun I guess in a way, though the guy is way too vulnerable as a woman and the men are all really creepily predatorish when he's a woman.
If you were a guy who got turned into a woman, knowing what you know about guys, wouldn't you suddenly think of every dude as a predator? lol

Antiwhippy

I dunno man, the majority of men I know don't try to grope women indiscriminately or force themselves on them in a way that is pretty close to being rapey.

dramatis

Silver Spoon 86

Man, Hachiken's brother has all the luck. I wonder if his wife is going to turn out to be a badass on a horse though, maybe she can give the horse club and Miss HOHOHO some pointers.

Shengar

Billy Bat 103-104
The mystery keep getting batshit insane, but it still piqued my interest everytime I see it. I hope Urasawa Naoki could give us a satisfying ending with all of those mysteries keep piling up.

Silver spoon

l9ZSOqF.png

Poor (lucky?) Vice president.

I think I can see where the whole pork buying operation and komaba's situation will intersact with each other now, and it'll be interesting to see if hachiken can pull it off. I do love that the manga is transitioning to a business manga as well as a farming one.

Also fuck yeah at hachiken's brother appearing again. Seems like he's got quite the catch too.

Next chapter is gonna be a fun one. Not that there is a silver spoon chapter that isn't fun.

Poor Vice Presidet. I mean, he's sweating bullet there! Alexandra, please let the poor dog go.
I always love how his brother can appear out of nowhere and then Hachiken always proceed to ignore him.

Boku no Geboku ni Nare! 2

The stairway scene after the rubbing on the chest leading to falling down and getting his hands in there was pretty awkward though kind of hilarious how that could even happen. At least the smallest tidbit of love is happening.

Tizoc

Apocalypse no Toride Vol. 1+2
Thanks to ColossalLazy for recommending this series, currently reading Vol. 2 and man is it fucked up, I do give props to the main character for
taking down as many of these freaks as he can before dieing

Haikyuu!! 76
tumblr_mtiujyOuVz1r058bao1_500.png

I wish it was a poster or something, one of the best all club ones around. Hilarious chapter for Village B! Especially the in series poster, such a skilled manager.

Ushiwaka is huge indeed!

Tripon

I am a Hero vol. 1-12

Decided to binge read this last night. Interesting, better than Highschool of the Dead.

But the idea of Super Zombies that retain part of their humanity makes me worried this will eventually just be another Super powered series. Which I don't want to read.

Still, I'll keep an eye on it for new chapters.

Tizoc

Apocalypse no Toride Vol. 3+4
Need to go to bed soon, but I really enjoyed the book, although the facial reaction 'D8' seems to be the most used face in the manga lol.

Necrovex

Since I don't have access to Eyeshield 21, I have decided to start on One Piece again. Let's hope the Thriller Bark arc is a good one!

(And I'm going to Youtube the One Piece OST as I read through it.)

Endou-kun no Jikken Note 1

When one of your favorite small series gets a sequel in 2013...nice. The one year update to their story of friendship over their bond for hair and such had a good start. The friend is pretty hilarious to have a round and does well to at least help to get Tsuda to share his dream and such. Wonder where it will head this time around. It seems to be their last year of school too so potentially the graduation plan storyline may come in sometime.

Rin-ne 01-148

vFDJ10rl.jpg

So this is Rumiko Takahashi's new series about a shingami hunting lost souls who encounters a normal girl and blah blah blah.

This really does feel like Ranma 1/2 but just with less will-they-will-they-not and more supernatural things going on. It's pretty amusing and I like the events and short stories they end up going on. There really isn't a large overarching arc but instead just small events which does make each chapter feel refreshing and doesn't make this a serious read.

Gambling Emperor Legend Zero Gyanki-Hen
Kijurou Arc

hYL9JIp.png

As a spin-off (kinda) and sequel of the pretty intense first part I was expecting even more twisted gamblings and games.
The first two mini-arcs were pretty harmless, but this huge treasure hunt has soon become an incredible borefest, with lots of (fake) foreshadowing and red herrings but no sense of danger, tension or accomplishment.
This is not Fukumoto at his best, that's for sure.

Tokyo Department War Memoir

D5g4Ywyl.jpg

An one shot about a department store where the merchandise has gone wild, mutilated and are now dangerous beasts. This tells the tale of one hunter of these beasts and the young girl who happens to enter the department store.

The setting is interesting and the whole world definitely shows promise with all the possible creativity that could be done. The dialogue on the other hand was a little hard to understand but the action was still good enough to overlook that.

Gintama - Plot

I want to ask Gintama readers (like myself) a question...
when do you think we will get into the meat of the main story... we have snippets of it occasionally and from what I've seen with the Space Pirates, the Kiheitai, Mimawarigumi, the Yato, etc... its fairly interesting

yet sadly we barely get too deep into it... the last we knew was that Kamui and Takasugi Shinsuke have formed an alliance. Nobume of the Mimawarigumi was part of the Naraku...
Isaburo is plotting something with Shinsuke. and Gintoki fought with the Naraku

Of course it hasn't been that long from a story progressing arc but man since there so good I just feel sad reading the comedy bits (don't get me wrong their great but I just want more with the overall story)

Tripon

Rin-ne 01-148

vFDJ10rl.jpg

So this is Rumiko Takahashi's new series about a shingami hunting lost souls who encounters a normal girl and blah blah blah.

This really does feel like Ranma 1/2 but just with less will-they-will-they-not and more supernatural things going on. It's pretty amusing and I like the events and short stories they end up going on. There really isn't a large overarching arc but instead just small events which does make each chapter feel refreshing and doesn't make this a serious read.

I like Rin-ne but I stopped reading it because the very slow plot progression. Still a much better series than Inu-Yasha was. That series drove me crazy.

wonzo

Banned
Silver Spoon 86
People just can't understand genius-level marketing acumen when they see it. ;_;

also dat wife goddamn

Sekai Seifuku Sekirara Jogakukan 22
Never underestimate the might of the legendary BREAST ARTS.

Flag Time 2

Yeah this is starting to turn out like most other Yuri series, completely dull.

I realize this, I was just hoping we'd get in story confirmation or word of god confirmation in the art book.
nisio gonna nisio

Akito

Kare Kano v7-9
The play was dann impressive and I'm glad it was shown in its entirety. It looks like dark Arima will make his full entrance now that Yukino has found a new passion. I hope it will get resolved in a reasonable amount of time because it's not that interesting of a plotpoint.

Tripon

Kare Kano v7-9

The play was dann impressive and I'm glad it was shown in its entirety. It looks like dark Arima will make his full entrance now that Yukino has found a new passion. I hope it will get resolved in a reasonable amount of time because it's not that interesting of a plotpoint.

Hahahaha, you still think Kare Kano doesn't devolve into a complete mess.

I like Rin-ne but I stopped reading it because the very slow plot progression. Still a much better series than Inu-Yasha was. That series drove me crazy.

I just assumed it was like Ranma 1/2 and basically didn't expect any plot progression besides new characters introductions.

Antiwhippy

Rin-ne 01-148

vFDJ10rl.jpg

Huh, so it's more like Ranma and less like Inuyasha? Looking at the subject matter I thought it would be more like the latter.

Might give this a read now.

Akito

Hahahaha, you still think Kare Kano doesn't devolve into a complete mess.

That doesn't sound good but I do enjoy it a great deal so far, the characters are really fun and the way the series deals with relationships is quite mature for a shoujo manga. Will treat with some caution from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom