• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Could we see pictures of your whole manga collection, or would it require the creation of a 90 minute documentary to fit in everything?
I could only show a little part of my collection, because I'm still missing library shelves and that forces me to keep all my latest purchases in boxes. I'll take some pics of the ones I have up later I guess.

I'm going to buy asap Aria and Aqua by the way (based Star Comics), i really didn't want to end though...

Most of Aria is out of print (same applies to Aqua), and since it sold like shit (it still breaks my heart), there won't be reprints. We even got lucky Star didn't cut Aria but instead decided to print the last 4 volumes in bunko style, with 2 volumes basically duck-taped together (they put the cover for the 2nd volumes of the packs in too, but in lower size) Hope you'll be able to find some copies.

Giant Killing
Again!!
Moteki
One Punch Man
Nobunaga no Chef
AKB49
Kingdom
Aku no Hana
Daiya no Ace

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but I guess these are the ones I want the most.

We have Kingdom here, I make sure to not buy it each month (sorry wonzo!!!).

LeleSocho

Banned
Most of Aria is out of print (same applies to Aqua), and since it sold like shit (it still breaks my heart), there won't be reprints. We even got lucky Star didn't cut Aria but instead decided to print the last 4 volumes in bunko style, with 2 volumes basically duck-taped together (they put the cover for the 2nd volumes of the packs in too, but in lower size) Hope you'll be able to find some copies.

I'm pretty confident that i will find it, there's never been something that i haven't found from SC.
Hell in 2009-ish i was able to buy the first edition of Card Captor Sakura which had still the occidental way of reading and there were tons of them.

Kurita

Received my cute Koro-sensei keychains...
ibuQy0s5ON6ypg.JPG

Akito

Koe no Katachi 3-5
It's hard to heavy any sympathy for that little shithead but the teacher has to be the biggest piece of shit with his "not my business" attitude. I still have no idea where the current time arc will go from now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If they were going to do any merchandise for AssClass other than Korosensei it's going to be Nagisa or bitch-sensei before Karma-kun.

Akito

Hinamatsuri 4
This is how I imagine Yotsuba is like. Well minus the yakuza and psychokinesis stuff and with decent art.

Antiwhippy

Ah, alright.

Hinamatsuri and yotsuba may have the same themes, but they're pretty different mangas to me. Yotsuba is far more slice of life while Hinamatsuri is more straight up comedy. Except when it comes to Anzu.

Lain

Noble Farmer volume 1
NMw.jpeg

What to say about this? It's Arakawa (best cow in the world), as such it owns. Lots of farmers info, but also lots of humor.
It's different from her usual works yet it's still charming, like the banter with her editor.

It was costly at 7.90€, but I don't regret it. At all.

Tripon

Harem Time and Menkui by Tosh

Decided to read some of his classics since this week's of Soma isn't out yet. Seeing full color chapters in the tankobon versions was delicious....

Kurita

Noble Farmer volume 1
NMw.jpeg

What to say about this? It's Arakawa (best cow in the world), as such it owns. Lots of farmers info, but also lots of humor.
It's different from her usual works yet it's still charming, like the banter with her editor.

It was costly at 7.90€, but I don't regret it. At all.
Next month in France!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fairy Tail 354

An almost heart warming scene ruined by a ridiculous angle meant only to show big boobs.

I read a joke that if Hiro Mashima drew Nico Robin's "I want to live" scene, it would be a close-up of her breasts, not her face.

... I hate when jokes become reality.

No Breathing 2
tumblr_mu7720F7Qj1qbxqfpo1_250.png

The scene with the two people drowning and then being rescued was so intense and then the close cpr scene, wanted it to happen so much but as usual they always cough. Hyped for the next chapter, rival showdown will be pretty intense, especially if the most serious one ends up losing.

Antiwhippy

UQ Holder 7

I've gotta say it's a marvel that akamatsu managed to create a character so generic it managed to wrap all the way round to being unique again.

Or just super generic. I can't tell anymore.

Suen

So can anyone tell me how often 7 seeds is released? I think it was four months since I read it last and there's only five new chapters since than or something.

wonzo

Banned
Billionaire Girl 1-5
Takato Kei is just an ordinary college student, training for an ordinary life, when he falls into a strange and appealing part-time job. He’s been hired to tutor a teenage girl at home for 10,000 yen an hour! The girl in question, Fujioka Yukari, is not a high school student, but a highly successful day trader who has already amassed 170 billion yen! Despite her money and her beautiful apartment, Kei can’t help feeling like there’s a certain loneliness about the cute teenage girl. She even seems embarrassed of her career, as if her obsession with the stock market and the vast amount of time she spends moving stocks makes her an otaku. Kei may be just the person she needs to help her break out of her isolated lifestyle and acquire the one thing money can’t buy– happiness.
It's written by the author of Spice and Wolf, what more could you possibly want?

So can anyone tell me how often 7 seeds is released? I think it was four months since I read it last and there's only five new chapters since than or something.

The group releasing 7 seeds is pretty small so they have a irregular schedule. Currently they are lacking people to do work.

Billionaire Girl 1-5

It's written by the author of Spice and Wolf, what more could you possibly want?

She is so cute. Love her.

Antiwhippy

Not super often I'm afraid. :( The translations have been painfully slow. The update seemed to have broken a long dry spell, but who knows.

Akito

Hinamatsuri 8
This manga moves fast when it wants to, Anzu only needed like 3 chapters to become a respectable member of
the homeless
society, Hina on the other hand...

Antiwhippy

Hinamatsuri 8
This manga moves fast when it wants to, Anzu only needed like 3 chapters to become a respectable member of
the homeless
society, Hina on the other hand...

Anzu is the best character in the manga.

You'll soon know why.

Necrovex

One Piece Thriller Bark Arc

I have watched One Piece up to this point. I decided it was time to read it instead of watching it. I remember hearing from a Gaffer the anime butchered this arc. It was hard to get into the art style at first, but I started to enjoy it as I progressed.

I was a little skeptical of this arc because of zombie, but this arc delivered at the end, particularly the fight after Moria. Zoro willingness to sacrifice himself was so bloody epic.

I might start up on Eyeshield 21 before contuning with One Piece. I'm not too sure on that decision though. What do all of you think?

I have watched One Piece up to this point. I decided it was time to read it instead of watching it. I remember hearing from a Gaffer the anime butchered this arc. It was hard to get into the art style at first, but I started to enjoy it as I progressed.

I was a little skeptical of this arc because of zombie, but this arc delivered at the end, particularly the fight after Moria. Zoro willingness to sacrifice himself was so bloody epic.

I might start up on Eyeshield 21 before contuning with One Piece. I'm not too sure on that decision though. What do all of you think?

Now is a good as time as any because if you read the next arc of one piece you won't be able to stop until you finish part 1

LeleSocho

Banned
particularly the fight after Moria. Zoro willingness to sacrifice himself was so bloody epic.

Yeah the only good part of Thriller Bark.
E21 aside from the art becomes boring pretty quickly and One Piece right after TB begins probably the most important arc of the manga.

Kurita

Read Eyeshield

Necrovex

Yeah the only good part of Thriller Bark.
E21 aside from the art becomes boring pretty quickly and One Piece right after TB begins probably the most important arc of the manga.

I enjoyed the anime when I devoured half of that series during my high school years. In theory I should enjoy the manga a lot more since it won't look like garbage.

Now is a good as time as any because if you read the next arc of one piece you won't be able to stop until you finish part 1

Read Eyeshield

I'll probably go with Eyeshield up to Sena's reveal then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom