• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack on Titan 50

Well that was some hype shit, maybe once they escape Ymir will finally be able to explain what the heck is going on. Eren looks like he's gonna be king of the titans.

Denpa Kyoushi 90
Kagami just trolling to victory
Wagatsuma 33-34
Okay, he still has a chance and then, otaku vs. fujioshi. The DX Bridgade really has low standards

Zennou no Noa - The World of Lost Memories 1-16 (END)
9H115Sx.jpg
The MC and 1,425,395.72 other people lose their life's memories in an 'incident' and are effectively quarantined by the government in an underground city. MC then meets an acquaintance who knows about his past and, well, shit happens.

The beginning and conclusion to this will be difficult to forget
lol
, but for very different reasons. I found the premise and setting interesting, and the twist at the end of the first chapter made me think I was onto a winner. Aside from a couple of odd / clumsily executed developments and an irritating amount of keikaku, it generally held together throughout... until the endgame when yoghurt sofa pajamas gazebo. Still an entertaining read overall, but seriously, that goddamn ending.

Necrovex

Eyeshield 21 1-2

The vast difference in art quality between One Piece and Eyeshield is incredible. Eyeshield was a weekly issue correct? If so, I cannot believe how wondrous the art is in it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Attack on Titan

So, Eren can control lesser Titans? Maybe these were the experiments his dad did to him.
So does this mean they can refocus on getting to the basement?

Kurita

Eyeshield 21 1-2

The vast difference in art quality between One Piece and Eyeshield is incredible. Eyeshield was a weekly issue correct? If so, I cannot believe how wondrous the art is in it.
Eyeshield 21 was published in the same magazine.
And it's only the beginning. The art gets crazier.
BASED MURATA

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Attack on Titan

So, Eren can control lesser Titans? Maybe these were the experiments his dad did to him.

I think the titan powers are transferable or something. I guess Eren received one that would allow him to command other titans. That would at least make sense to explain how the fuck Bertholdt and Reiner were out destroying the gates at age 10 or whatever.

Attack on Titan

I've read enough fiction to know that the basement is a red herring and when we get there it will be destroyed or nothing of consequence will be there. That, or it will be just like one object (a syringe or a talisman or unreadable notes) that's not readily comprehensible at the time they receive it.

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary 1
Glorious MONSTER GIRL comedy series about a cyclops working as a school nurse. Looks set to be episodic, with each chapter(s) focusing on a different student's troubles. Definitely going to be keeping a large, beady eye on this.

Necrovex

GnPxGUY.gif

*based murata*

*based murata*

*based murata*

*based murata*

Eyeshield 21 was published in the same magazine.
And it's only the beginning. The art gets crazier.
BASED MURATA

Hype train!

Eyeshield 21 3-7

The art continues to amaze me. How is a weekly manga able to have this form of quality?! I am excited to see how this evolves.

I am expecting a fairly cliche story, but I don't mind reading them once in a while. Not every shonen can be on storytelling level of One Piece. The characters are pretty fun though.

Also, Sena's face all in Mamori's chest. He must have been in heaven right then and there. Oh, is Mamori a mixture of Japanese and white? That's the only thing I could take away from some random dude calling her a half-breed.

Attack on Titan 50

Hey, Eren might become a super useful character. And
Hannes's
death was so sudden. Being killed off-screen is always so weird. I bet the show will animate that part. (I know a black bar isn't needed, but it's too soon to spoil that one part.)

Aizo

Banned

The MC and 1,425,395.72 other people lose their life's memories in an 'incident' and are effectively quarantined by the government in an underground city. MC then meets an acquaintance who knows about his past and, well, shit happens.

lol
, but for very different reasons. I found the premise and setting interesting, and the twist at the end of the first chapter made me think I was onto a winner. Aside from a couple of odd / clumsily executed developments and an irritating amount of keikaku, it generally held together throughout... until the endgame when yoghurt sofa pajamas gazebo. Still an entertaining read overall, but seriously, that goddamn ending.

I read this while it was publishing. I found the ending quite disappointing.

LeleSocho

Banned
The day is almost ending and yet i couldn't not think about Aria/Aqua and the fact that i've finished it... it really left a hole in me.
I've enjoyed it so much that unlike i always do i haven't spoiled myself the ending or further chapters. What can i do to fill this hole now?

The day is almost ending and yet i couldn't not think about Aria/Aqua and the fact that i've finished it... it really left a hole in me.
I've enjoyed it so much that unlike i always do i haven't spoiled myself the ending or further chapters. What can i do to fill this hole now?

There are so few manga like that. I guess you have already read Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko?

Something slightly different but do you read Barakamon?

Akito

Ran and the Gray World 31-32
Holy shit, fuck this insect (and Outarou too while we're at it) I'm sure nobody really died but that was one devastating chapter. #TeamHibi for the win
pretty please?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Attack on Titan 50

Well that was some hype shit, maybe once they escape Ymir will finally be able to explain what the heck is going on. Eren looks like he's gonna be king of the titans.

I thought Ymir went with Reiner?

mhs004

Birdmen 4

Really liked all the explanations that were presented during the chapter and what could possibly go on in the future. Ohh and hoooooly shit at that ending!

Double Gauge 03-04

A hyperactive girl and a siscon guy joins up.

Oh wow, a giant electric saw, these weapons are pretty creepy.

That ending. :O

Akito

Shingeki no Kyojin
Well sure, I totally expected that, Mikasa confessing and Eren responding (?) Why couldn't he transform though, it's not like he had no objective at all yeah? And the ability to control the regular titans, I really want to know what's up with that, so far it does seems like an asspull more than anything. Things will calm down a little now I guess and that's not a bad thing after the crazy roller-coaster ride during the last couple of weeks.
RIP Hannes-san :(

Oyasumi Punpun 138-143

Just caught up on the latest chapters (raw.senmanga.com, raws only) and good god almighty. I honestly wasn't sure how much more depressing this series could get but man, it kills me every time.

It makes me feel like I'm watching my own son just wander through life with no direction or sense of purpose and just completely screwing up, and there's nothing I can do about it. I keep thinking back to the cute, innocent little bird who wanted to discover a new planet and name it after himself and wondering why he had to end up the way he did.

Amazing, soul-crushing series. I will not be sad to see it end because then the gloom will finally come to an end.

Angry Grimace

Shingeki no Kyojin
Well sure, I totally expected that, Mikasa confessing and Eren responding (?) Why couldn't he transform though, it's not like he had no objective at all yeah? And the ability to control the regular titans, I really want to know what's up with that, so far it does seems like an asspull more than anything. Things will calm down a little now I guess and that's not a bad thing after the crazy roller-coaster ride during the last couple of weeks.
RIP Hannes-san :(
Eren blew the pooch on that. Shouting as per his MO when a chick is practically asking for the D.

dumbyugi

lol

This series has the second most dissapointing ending I've ever read. If the rest of the series had been crap it wouldn't have bothered me so much, but I was enjoying it quite a bit so it really ticked me off.

Suen

The group releasing 7 seeds is pretty small so they have a irregular schedule. Currently they are lacking people to do work.

She is so cute. Love her.

Not super often I'm afraid. :( The translations have been painfully slow. The update seemed to have broken a long dry spell, but who knows.
What a shame. It's been a long time since I felt that I liked a manga so much. Guess I'll wait until there's more to read. I'm wondering if I should read Berserk again...haven't read it since 2006.

Kimi no Iru Machi 247

So they finally graduated and now Haruto will live away from Yuzuki in a new town. Crazy that there's going to be another big arc. Probably quite a few new characters too. Maybe the last arc?

Suen

Go and read Otoyomegatanari or Chihayafuru.
I was thinking of giving Otoyomegatanari a try last year but forgot it. Second one don't seem to be my thing.

Speaking of Berserk....does it look like it's going to finish AT ALL?

edit: fuck Übel Blatt is so slow at getting released too. That's one per month if I recall it correctly.

I was thinking of giving Otoyomegatanari a try last year but forgot it. Second one don't seem to be my thing.

Speaking of Berserk....does it look like it's going to finish AT ALL?

edit: fuck Übel Blatt is so slow at getting released too. That's one per month if I recall it correctly.

I guess you would like Shoukoku no Altair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom