• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
At any rate, it's nice to see a Pokemon be realistically aggressive and actually threaten somebody.

Due to the battle system of the Pokemon games, even the largest and most untamed Pokemon always fight by the rules and only target the opposing Pokemon, never the trainer or random passerby. It's implied that the more predatory and dangerous Pokemon actually would pose a significant threat to people and it's good to see a game actually reflect that, even if it's not a proper Pokemon game.

I have to admit, the Star Fox Command design for Fox actually looks pretty good in this game.

Incidentally, this has me wondering if there's going to be actual dialogue between the characters during the Subspace Emissary. Okay, so I don't expect the monkeys to talk (this isn't that horrible Donkey Kong Country cartoon, after all) but Fox is a character actually known for talking and we see him just pantomiming in this video. I wonder if they'll keep the silent protagonists quiet and have the talking ones speak or keep them all mute.

Unfortunately, if Sonic's character video is any indication, he might be doing some lip-flapping.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
dfyb said:
DAAAAAAAAAAYUM!!

nice. i plan to teach english over there after i'm done with university. what program are you with?

A private company, it's a really fun job. Depending on what school you are at you can have a lot of down time. This year unfortunately I have A LOOOOOOOT of down time.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM! FIRE EMBLEM MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSIC! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Iam Canadian

sp0rsk said:
A private company, it's a really fun job. Depending on what school you are at you can have a lot of down time. This year unfortunately I have A LOOOOOOOT of down time.

Just think of it as Mario Galaxy time.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Iam Canadian said:
At any rate, it's nice to see a Pokemon be realistically aggressive and actually threaten somebody.

Due to the battle system of the Pokemon games, even the largest and most untamed Pokemon always fight by the rules and only target the opposing Pokemon, never the trainer or random passerby. It's implied that the more predatory and dangerous Pokemon actually would pose a significant threat to people and it's good to see a game actually reflect that, even if it's not a proper Pokemon game.

I have to admit, the Star Fox Command design for Fox actually looks pretty good in this game.
The Pokedex entries on some Pokemon are actually rather depressing or twisted. A lot of them kill people, get eaten, or live awful and miserable lives. Like Paras, it's being controlled by the mushroom. The Parasect is actually being utterly controlled, and will eventually be killed when the fungus consumes its entire body; it's also forced by the fungus to spread the spores onto its eggs, infecting its own children with their own seal of death.

ckohler

Pretty awesome! Fox's eyepiece at the end reminded me of this guy:

lastStarFighterEye.jpg
:D

Rotanibor

I love Diddy's little lip quiver when he sees Rayquaza. Everybody has such characterizations in this, even without them talking. And yeah to what others have been saying, I really really doubt there is going to be any dialog in the game at this point.

What a great update to start the week! Hopefully the rest of the week's updates are amazing as well. I feel a new character reveal this week!

Sakurai!

:D

Rotanibor

The Pokedex entries on some Pokemon are actually rather depressing or twisted. A lot of them kill people, get eaten, or live awful and miserable lives. Like Paras, it's being controlled by the mushroom. The Parasect is actually being utterly controlled, and will eventually be killed when the fungus consumes its entire body; it's also forced by the fungus to spread the spores onto its eggs, infecting its own children with their own seal of death.

Thats really depressing. You just brought this whole thread down. ):

Iam Canadian

I know that. You're told all this, but you never actually see that. It's just background information that ultimately has no bearing on anything related to the game.

It's too bad that there's no good Pokemon TV show that would actually show this stuff and build plots around it instead of...whatever the hell is on that anime nowadays.

Rotanibor Eht said:
I love Diddy's little lip quiver when he sees Rayquaza. Everybody has such characterizations in this, even without them talking. And yeah to what others have been saying, I really really doubt there is going to be any dialog in the game at this point.

even Melee had dialog

"HUAH!"

"Show me your moves!"

"YAAH!"

"FAAALCON PUNCH!!!"

dfyb

Banned
sp0rsk said:
yeah 4pm sounds like a really light schedule :lol

i'm hoping for reasonable downtime -- really want to go there just to relax after university and continue working on my portfolio in my freetime. have some friends over there and doing japanese as a minor so it should be pretty fun.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Rotanibor Eht said:
Thats really depressing. You just brought this whole thread down. ):
Drifloon carries away children.

Cubone wears the skull of its own dead mother, and cries every night at her memory.

I heard being a Charmander when it rains kinda sucks too.

Jiggy

-November 5th is the 120th day of updates and begins the 25th week of updates.

-Tonight's brought us the 21st double update, going by unofficial reckoning--e.g. "Excitebike + Lakitu" counts, and so does "Target Smash + Replays."

-Story mode and music were both among the five least recent update types, so change has happened and our new five least recent update types are normal item (September 17th), Poke Ball (October 17th), assist trophy (October 18th), character profile (October 25th), and special moves (October 26th).

-Fox's Misfortune is the 9th story mode update and the 7th Star Fox update. (I know that it doesn't have the SF symbol, and much like with the Petey Piranha and Donkey Kong Makes His Stand videos, I simply don't care. :p It's a Star Fox update.) Star Fox pulls ahead of Zelda and Kid Icarus for Dojo representation, and ties with Donkey Kong.

-A long hiatus for the Fire Emblem series has ended, as it's finally moved past the Lyn assist trophy on September 11th and taken hold of its 5th series update, pulling ahead of Yoshi, Wario, and Animal Crossing. The main theme is the 14th music update (counting Cooking Navi), pulling ahead of game modes and tying with final smashes.

-The known Brawl franchises without music updates are now reduced to F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Kirby, Mario, Mother, Nintendo DS, and Sonic. Of our 13 music updates (not counting Cooking Navi), 4 of them are probably not played as defaults on the stages we know about. Those are the Ocarina of Time medley, Ashley's theme, Yoshi's Story, and--well, Ridley's theme, but we don't even have our Norfair update yet, so that's kind of cheating.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Smiles and Cries said:
wait its only 2am here??? Japan Time was at 3AM on the EAST Coast does this mean I get to sleep an hour early now?
They don't have Daylight Savings.

Pringo

Banned
Man, the FE theme is so awesome. They really, really need to get a soundtrack out for this game, as a giveaway or otherwise.

Also, I'm really glad that the sound test is a Smash staple.

Jiggy

Dreavus said:
Thats...thats terrifying!

what kind of sick game is this?!
Looking into the hole on the back of a Shedinja sucks out a Pokemon trainer's soul.

And Banette's mouth is stitched shut because if it opens its mouth, it'll lose its own soul. (But they went and completely ignored this when they made the Colosseum animations. :( It screeches all the time there.)

Iam Canadian

In all honesty, I'm surprised that Mario hasn't gotten a music update yet. You'd think he'd be the first in line.

Then again, Sakurai knows what the fans want and it's not to hear the billionth reprisal of the Super Mario Bros. theme.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Iam Canadian said:
In all honesty, I'm surprised that Mario hasn't gotten a music update yet. You'd think he'd be the first in line.

Then again, Sakurai knows what the fans want and it's not to hear the billionth reprisal of the Super Mario Bros. theme.

I think they are saving the Mario music for last.

I remember playing the first Pokemon GB game and it also had some depressing areas. Like that city that had the tower where everyone was crying for their dead pokemon. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom