• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Billionaire Girl 6-10
billionairegirl9.png
Watching Fujioka slowly open up at the BBQ was definitely the best moment of the manga thus far and I can't wait to find out where this is going next.

That 8 million yen phone looked like a hunk of shit though.

Azure J

Oyasumi Punpun 138-143

Just caught up on the latest chapters (raw.senmanga.com, raws only) and good god almighty. I honestly wasn't sure how much more depressing this series could get but man, it kills me every time.

It makes me feel like I'm watching my own son just wander through life with no direction or sense of purpose and just completely screwing up, and there's nothing I can do about it. I keep thinking back to the cute, innocent little bird who wanted to discover a new planet and name it after himself and wondering why he had to end up the way he did.

Amazing, soul-crushing series. I will not be sad to see it end because then the gloom will finally come to an end.

Might be the single best description of the feelings that come up every time I read this manga. Congrats.

Yonafunu

Shingeki no Kyojin 50

I just noticed, did Eren just
do the same thing Annie did when she called the Titans to come eat her
? It seemed similar enough,
just directed at others instead of himself

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shingeki no Kyojin 50

I just noticed, did Eren just
do the same thing Annie did when she called the Titans to come eat her
? It seemed similar enough,
just directed at others instead of himself

I don't think so. I think she just aggroed a bunch of other titans, as opposed to using some kind of power to direct them.

Kieli

You know, I can kind of understand why Martin takes so long to finish the recent volumes of Ice & Fire. He's getting on in age and he's finally made it, financially. Most people would have called it quits and just lived the high-life for the remainder of their retirement years.

I get the feeling he's lost the inspiration that allowed him to pump out the first 3 books so quickly; the added pressure from fans certainly don't help.

However...

Checking Wikipedia, it seems Miura is only 47 years of age. That's not too old, all things considered. I wonder what's stopping him from finishing the last thirteen volumes of Berserk (aside from Idolm@ster)? Can it really be something as banal as laziness?

Aizo

Banned
Checking Wikipedia, it seems Miura is only 47 years of age. That's not too old, all things considered. I wonder what's stopping him from finishing the last thirteen volumes of Berserk (aside from Idolm@ster)? Can it really be something as banal as laziness?

Perhaps we'll never know, but I'm pretty sure that it's not IDOLM@STER.

Village

Excuse me people in this thread, if i can bother you for a sec.

I took a very long break from manga for some... weird reason, I grazed a naruto chapter now and then , but for the most part I just kind of stopped.

For some reason my passion for manga has rekindled and now I am ready to re-enter the fray.

So I any suggestions on good manga, I know that is a bit vague because genres.
So if i could narrow it down.

Shonnen actiony stuff.
Funny stuff, and life slices.
Male focused romance mangas, I mean as in Male is the main character not as in yaoi manga. Though if they are good that's totally welcome.
Mystery manga.

Thank you for your time.
:)

Tripon

I took a very long break from manga for some... weird reason, I grazed a naruto chapter now and then , but for the most part I just kind of stopped.

For some reason my passion for manga has rekindled and now I am ready to re-enter the fray.

Shonnen actiony stuff.
Male focused romance mangas, I mean as in Male is the main character not as in yaoi manga. Though if they are good that's totally welcome.
Mystery manga.

Thank you for your time.

Boku no Pico.

Edit: Just kidding.

Look for the end of Full Metal Alchemist, Soma no Shougeki, Silver Spoon, One Punch Man, and Again!! Just for the Shouneny, action stuff I'm reading right now. Again!! is pretty good for slice of life, romance stuff, and One Punch Man is a great critique on the superhero genre, on both the eastern and western side.

Shonnen actiony stuff.
Mystery manga.

Thank you for your time.

BLue Exorcist
Spiral The Bonds of Reasoning
Tegami Bachi
Hinatama
Otona Keikenchi

dumbyugi

Shonnen actiony stuff.
Mystery manga.

Thank you for your time.

Fullmetal Alchemist (Action)
Psyren (Action)
Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro (Mystery)
Kindaichi Case Files (Mystery)
Silver Spoon (Comedy)
Yotsuba& (Slice of Life/Comedy)
Shokugeki no Soma (Comedy/Fantastic)
Yakitate!! Japan (Comedy)
Genshiken (Slice of Life/Comedy)
Ai Kora (Romance)
Midori Days (Romance)

Shonnen actiony stuff.
Mystery manga.

Thank you for your time.

Shounen

Akame Ga Kill
Onepunch-man
Kongou Banchou

Slice of Life

Yotsuba
Soredemo Machi Wa Maitteiru
Ran and the Gray World
Sakamato Desu Ga?

Romance

A Method to Make a Gentle World
Kyou no Yuiko-san

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fullmetal Alchemist (Action)
Psyren (Action)
Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro (Mystery)
Kindaichi Case Files (Mystery)
Silver Spoon (Comedy)
Yotsuba& (Slice of Life/Comedy)
Shokugeki no Soma (Comedy/Fantastic)
Yakitate!! Japan (Comedy)
Genshiken (Slice of Life/Comedy)
Ai Kora (Romance)
Midori Days (Romance)

That's a good list.

I'd throw in Detective Conan if you want mystery. It's long running and the format is usually a different case every month with the main plot moving along every so often.

Village

I probobly should have mentioned that my break from manga while long hasn't been the span of years, I have read things like FMA, silver spoon, One punch man, detective connan ect. That is my bad, I actually used to post in this thread alot. Maybe I will start up again.

But I gotta bunch of cool manga suggestions, thanks duders.

Kieli

Lots of good recommendations, I'll chip in with a few of my own:

Hunter X Hunter (action, shonen)
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (action, romance, comedy, seinen)
Ai-ren (romance, comedy, tragedy, seinen)

Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin v3

Guess the commentary from the Genshiken writer went past me, dont even know what Char's Counterattack is and the artstyle for Amuro was so weird. Should have had CLAMP write in again instead.

I miss the technical terms of SEED for weaponry as just mega particle cannon sounds dull as compared to lohengrin, gottfried, valiantos, and igelstellung. But otherwise good volume. Ramba Ral is as good as Char and memorable, but could have easily lasted more than one volume. Awful way to be taken out as well as he had all those good panels and moments before with Amuro but then just gets a stray shot and then offs himself? How does that even make sense. Then worst Hamon, she could have done more.

dumbyugi

Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin v3

Guess the commentary from the GEnshiken writer went past me, dont even know what Char's Counterattack is and the artstyle for Amuro was so weird. Should have had CLAMP write in again instead.

I miss the technical terms of SEED for weaponry as just mega particle cannon sounds dull as compared to lohengrin, gottfried, valiantos, and igelstellung. But otherwise good volume. Ramba Ral is as good as Char and memorable, but could have easily lasted more than one volume. Awful way to be taken out as well as he had all those good panels and moments before with Amuro but then just gets a stray shot and then offs himself? How does that even make sense. Then worst Hamon, she could have done more.

Char's Counterattack is a movie. This does remind me that I should get around to checking out volume 2 & 3 myself.

Pokemon Adventures Black & White Vol.12

WGZQIByl.jpg

It's nice to see White doing something again especially now she's a decent battler. There's also the Bianca discovering her true passion thrown in there too.

jgminto

Boy's Next Door

A yaoi story for everyone but DTL. 10/10

I loved this. Lawr was amazing, his face is just so intense, vacant at first but whenever he shows his emotions it's just so effective. I wasn't expecting to feel anything but contempt for Adrian at the beginning
with him stabbing a young prostitute in the street.
But with his relationship with Lawr and his past I felt a real sadness for him. Also the carnival motif used at certain points was really something, fuckin' carnies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmm, how about Hagoromo Mishin? Same author as kids on the slope.

Reading majime na jikan again is a legit choice though. :p

dumbyugi

Hmm, how about Hagoromo Mishin? Same author as kids on the slope.

Reading majime na jikan again is a legit choice though. :p

Bridge otaku and a swan that turns into a girl sounds right up my alley. I guess I'll read Hagoromo Mishin first then read Majime na Jikan again after that.

Even if you probably already read it, I'll always recommend Seishun Forget!.

I actually just re-read it a couple of weeks ago. I loved it, though it dragged a little after she got her memories back.

Kusagari

Ran and the Gray World 1-32

UHHH HOLY SHIT.

This manga started off so cute and endearing. The art is fantastic and the setting is an interesting take on magic.

BUT I NEVER EXPECTED THIS.

THOSE LAST TWO CHAPTERS GUYS!

dumbyugi

Hagoromo Mishin

Ig7xmEZ.png

This was really good. The art was nice, though some of the faces looked a bit off at times. The story went pretty much exactly how I thought it would. I actually really liked Youichi's friends, in fact I thought the romance between those two was more interesting then the main couple. The ending was almost exactly what I thought it would be but it still managed to hit me right in the feels. The only real problem I had was that Youchi wasn't a very interesting main character. Miwa was fun as were the friends, but Youichi was just boring in comparison. That being said I enjoyed reading it and I may read Kids on the Slope sometime in the future. Also was it implied in the extra that Miwa got preggers from Youichi, had a swan baby and then that swan had a kid?

Art: 8/10
Characters: 8.5/10
Story: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also was it implied in the extra that Miwa got preggers from Youichi, had a swan baby and then that swan had a kid?

Pretty much.

Different lifespans man. I actually enjoy how the author incorporated swan-like features to her personality.

dumbyugi

Pretty much.

Different lifespans man. I actually enjoy how the author incorporated swan-like features to her personality.

Yeah I liked that as well. Like when she was eating the bread with nothing on it like a swan would if you threw it some, little things like that were great.

Aizo

Banned
Getter Robo - Vol. 2; End
Not as good as Devilman. I know you may think it's ridiculous to make the comparison just because they both have a mutual writer, but they really are quite similar. I don't understand why the demons were shoehorned into the story, but it struck me as somewhat ridiculous. It's still very fun, and the Dragon Getter is so badass, but it's nothing outstanding, in my opinion.

Just read Devilman.

Kurita

Saint Young Men vol.6
Jesus Christ that cover

Really funny and light-hearted as always. The Halloween chapter was pretty great with Jack and Lucifer.
And now, the wait until the next volume starts... Having only two volumes every year is hard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom