• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy's Next Door

A yaoi story for everyone but DTL. 10/10

I loved this. Lawr was amazing, his face is just so intense, vacant at first but whenever he shows his emotions it's just so effective. I wasn't expecting to feel anything but contempt for Adrian at the beginning
with him stabbing a young prostitute in the street.
But with his relationship with Lawr and his past I felt a real sadness for him. Also the carnival motif used at certain points was really something, fuckin' carnies.

Oh thats what its about, somehow it was on my wishlist.

wonzo

Banned
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary 1
drhitomi1.png
This seems to be an episodic story focusing of the troubles of each and every student that visits this well endowed cyclops and her nurse in the school infirmary. It definitely hit all the right notes with the first chapter so I'll definitely stick with this for now.

Friandises 3
Damn, I want a chocolate tower after reading this.

Donyatsu 22

more mysteries than shingeki. donut troubles

Nozoki Ana 115

Holy shit. I thought Sex Namek was finally gonna end but nope, she wants to fuck right in front of her brothers grave. lmfao

Aizo

Banned
I'm feeling the Halloween spirit. I read enough Horror, but can anyone think of any manga with a Halloween theme?

Halloween themed chapters in any series work, too. I'd prefer something lighthearted because, as I mentioned, I read enough Horror, but any recommendation is appreciated!

Private Actress 1-11
This is really interesting. It's about a girl who works as a 'private actress', acting out clients' requested roles (e.g. pretending to be a partner or family member), usually for the purposes of deceiving someone. The scenarios are rather delicious, ranging from affairs to politics to murders to the supernatural. It's episodic and the chapters are quite lengthy, so I'll read it in chunks to prevent it feeling repetitive.

This series has the second most dissapointing ending I've ever read. If the rest of the series had been crap it wouldn't have bothered me so much, but I was enjoying it quite a bit so it really ticked me off.
I was laughing non-stop after reading the last chapter because it felt so ridiculous. Out of curiousity, what was your most disappointing ending?

I'm feeling the Halloween spirit. I read enough Horror, but can anyone think of any manga with a Halloween theme?

Halloween themed chapters in any series work, too. I'd prefer something lighthearted because, as I mentioned, I read enough Horror, but any recommendation is appreciated!
Haven't read it myself yet and it's probably not what you're looking for, but I heard Soul Eater has some Halloween influences.

Aizo

Banned
Haven't read it myself yet and it's probably not what you're looking for, but I heard Soul Eater has some Halloween influences.
I really liked the beginning, but sorta got bored... maybe I'll continue it, though.
You're such a prankster, DTL.

The Town Where You Go to a Love Hotel with Another Woman and Laugh at Your Dead Friend's Grave - Vol. 12
No way. No. Stop doing predictable twists based on misunderstandings™. How many times will the mangaka use the same twist? It was incredibly obvious that -Insert Haruto's harem girl number here- would spot him coming out of the love hotel with the 20 year old sexy librarian archetype. I smugly smirked when I saw one of the chapters end with "the author will take a break next week to gather materials." His research involves what? I can only imagine that he had to take picture of Tokyo. Or did he have to interview mentally unstable teenagers with horrific tales about their love lives?

This volume also teaches all aspiring lechers the best techniques for assembling a harem.
Tell the woman of your desire that she's being ridiculous by not dating you. This will, in turn, cause her to rethink why she isn't currently dating you. She'll be so shocked by the accusation that her decision was ridiculous, that she'll then realize that she's wanted to be with you all along. All women fall for that line. Trust me.

dumbyugi

I was laughing non-stop after reading the last chapter because it felt so ridiculous. Out of curiousity, what was your most disappointing ending?

Chaosic Rune. The main characters were heading off to train for what would have been the final arc and that's it. It just ends there, the author didn't even attempt to give it an ending. What's worse is the author started a "sequel", Chaosic Rune ES, that has nothing to do with the first series. The only thing that ties the 2 series together is the cards that they use to battle.

I really liked the beginning, but sorta got bored... maybe I'll continue it, though.

You're such a prankster, DTL.

Its such a good shoujo comedy, if they would hurry and work on v2 already.

Shokugeki no Soma 42
tumblr_mu92v05Dyy1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Favorite non Isshiki senpai panel. Surprisingly I too wanted that apple dish in the morning, just didnt understand the black and white, but regardless looked tasty.

dramatis

Shokugeki no Soma 42

I like strawberries more than apples, but okay. Can't wait to see what Dad dishes out.

Also Tadokoro looks quite good with her hair down.

Necrovex

Shingeki no Kyojin
Well sure, I totally expected that, Mikasa confessing and Eren responding (?) Why couldn't he transform though, it's not like he had no objective at all yeah? And the ability to control the regular titans, I really want to know what's up with that, so far it does seems like an asspull more than anything. Things will calm down a little now I guess and that's not a bad thing after the crazy roller-coaster ride during the last couple of weeks.
RIP Hannes-san :(

Eren couldn't transform due to major fatigue. He didn't have any energy left because his body was still recovering from the earlier damages.

RIP Hannes. I can't believe how sudden his death was. I feel like he would have some form of cool death. But nope!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, talking about Majime na Jikan made me read the end bits again, and even reading a small part is making me tear up. Such a beautfiul, emotional manga.

Shokugeki no Soma

That apple risotto looks goddamn great. Can't wait to see what his father came up with though.

Also soma's little tiff with his dad about past competitions was cute.

Kreed

Shingeki No Kyojin/Attack On Titan 50:

So now Eren has the same power/a similar power as the Hairy Titan, although it is weird he can do that in human form too, but convenient for the story.

Based on Ymir's words about Reyner and Bertholdt knowing Eren having that ability, and the comments they made about Eren back when they had him in the forest and him being the key to their mission being a success, I'm going to take a wild leap/guess that the people behind Reyner and Bertholdt created a Titan formula that would allow for a Titan to control other Titans similar to their enemy the Hairy Titan, and somehow Eren's father stole it. Reyner, Annie, and Bertholdt's mission was to either get the formula back, find the person who consumed the formula, or find the location/dispatch the Hairy Titan, with Crista/Historia being extra insurance in case Eren wasn't the one who had the ability (since she could have known more secrets/hints about the formula's location).

With this theory, the only question still remaining is why they did the initial attack that killed Eren's mom? That attack had little chance of succeeding and if anything could have gotten Eren killed and the formula destroyed. But maybe they wanted to see if Eren would become a Titan to save himself and it never happened, so then they went undercover? Still lots of questions, but things are slowly starting to make sense.

dramatis

With this theory, the only question still remaining is why they did the initial attack that killed Eren's mom? That attack had little chance of succeeding and if anything could have gotten Eren killed and the formula destroyed. But maybe they wanted to see if Eren would become a Titan to save himself and it never happened, so then they went undercover? Still lots of questions, but things are slowly starting to make sense.
Eren didn't get the Titan injection until after the initial attack, I think? Possibly they were searching for Eren's father, with the attack as a diversion to have many human-titan hybrids infiltrate the society by claiming to be refugees.

Naruto 635

Not even the damn kages can stay dead. This is such bullshit, but so familiar <3. I can't wait to see what else awaits me.

I hope it ends soon.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

I would hire Jouichirou as a waiter before I hire him as a cook. Imagine being served food that intensely on a regular basis.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

I would hire Jouichirou as a waiter before I hire him as a cook. Imagine being served food that intensely on a regular basis.

I wonder if they're going to explain his background anytime soon. I'm like 99% sure he gave up cooking because of Soma's mother (who's obviously either dead or Jouichirou's not his real dad).

Private Actress 13-14

TanU2lL.jpg

A hollow victory, but a victory nonetheless. Definitely the most enjoyable story so far. I'm looking forward to the future showdown between the two actresses.

I wonder if they're going to explain his background anytime soon. I'm like 99% sure he gave up cooking because of Soma's mother (who's obviously either dead or Jouichirou's not his real dad).

Let's all do a bet about it.

Mine is that Jouichurou was a real asshole back in the day, but met Soma's mother who can't cook but did it out of love anyway, and slowly softened Jouchirou up. They opened up the Yukihira but she tragically dies. Soma decides to take up the restaurant, to make food that makes people happy like her mom used to do, and both him and his dad has this insane love for horrible tasting food as a way to remind themselves of Yukihira's cooking.

Tripon

Renai Shimasen ka?

Well, this series is over. Not a great series, but okay in limited doses. Needed more actual romance instead of the half hearted measures they did take in the series.

Kieli

Shokugeki no Soma

Tadokoro confirmed best waifu. But now, I wonder how in the world Jouichirou is going to top that?...

Nanatsu no Taizai

Diana, what in the world? I knew an upgrade was coming with Gideon, but did not expect her to completely smash Helbram.

Leaving aside how awesome she was, I guess it kinda makes sense for her to beat Helbram where Harlequin couldn't if we don't it take so much as her being stronger than Harlequin as her having a different sort of strength (raw vs. finesse).

Akito

Eren couldn't transform due to major fatigue. He didn't have any energy left because his body was still recovering from the earlier damages.

RIP Hannes. I can't believe how sudden his death was. I feel like he would have some form of cool death. But nope!

I guess that makes sense.

Nanatsu no Taizai
Damn gurl, the others need a powerup asap to catch up with Diane.

Articalys

MGX 80

So close, and yet so far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far away.
See, at least stuff happens in KNIM, even if it's resoundingly stupid. In MGX it's like the entire world is in an unending statis of stupidity, which is far far worse.

Akito

Hinamatsuri 21
Oh Nitta ya done goofed, I hope you have learned your lesson. I'm surprised Hina doesn't want to become like Mika though lol.

Soma 42

Soma pulling out something great but it looks like the old man got this.

Should be fun to see what that is in the next chapter.

MGX 80

So close, and yet so far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far away.

Still after all this fucking time?

Sounds like its reaching Pastel levels tbh

Naruto

man I'm glad you are back

And I'm glad that I finally got around to read and catch up some more. I'm not sure where Kishimoto is taking Naruto, but I'm seriously hoping it's all over soon. After all the history that happened in the manga and how the previous generations screwed everything up, I sort of wish that Kishimoto would end it by taking everyone's skills away. No more jutsu or chakra, just ordinary people starting a new like in this semi-destructed world.

But since Naruto needs to be hokage and the new generations needs to surpass the old one at any cost and no one can stay fucking dead in this manga (except for Jiraiya, lol), we'll get some other nonsense. Gah.

Now on to Bleach. 14 chapters to go!

mhs004

Soma 42

I should not have read this while hungry. Really good chapter and shows that soma has progressed some. His dad's dish is going to destroy his though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom