• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

40GB PS3 for $320

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
God DAMNIT! I had all my purchases lined up for this week, and this shit comes along. I don't what to get anymore. :lol I might pull the trigger on this...

RobertM

spwolf said:
he had them, before he was responsible... so he doesnt have them anymore :D
am i right?
spwolf
If this poster agrees with you, you're doing something very wrong.
(Today, 12:54 AM)
Reply | Quote

I'm honored...oh wait.

Just tried. The cashier wouldn't let me use it. She also told me that several people before me tried to purchase a ps3 with it, and she denied all of them as well. Oh well....

kay

nextgeneration said:
Just tried. The cashier wouldn't let me use it. She also told me that several people before me tried to purchase a ps3 with it, and she denied all of them as well. Oh well....
You're probably located in Guam.

Sean

Banned
I might as well give this a shot. I've got a Kmart just a mile or two away, I'll try and be there when it opens tomorrow.

What do I say if they ask me about the coupon though? Like where I got it and stuff. I'm sure they'd be more likely to check something like this when the cashier sees a whopping $100 coming off the price. I can't get in trouble for doing something like this right?

womfalcs3

Banned
nextgeneration said:

Seriously? I feel bad posting about this on another forum. I got the posters' hopes up there. :(

One of them was excited too.

Ravager61

nextgeneration said:

What reason did she give you? The coupon does say void if photocopied so if it was because it was printed out then thats a valid reason, but the coupon technically should work since it doesnt exclude KMart electronics (only Sears electronics).

Oh, and people have been using the coupon successfully on CAG, just in case anyone was wondering so its definately worth a shot.

Ravager61 said:
What reason did she give you? The coupon does say void if photocopied so if it was because it was printed out then thats a valid reason, but the coupon technically should work since it doesnt exclude KMart electronics (only Sears electronics).

She said that the coupon couldn't be used for anything in the electronics department.

Ravager61

nextgeneration said:
She said that the coupon couldn't be used for anything in the electronics department.

Go back and make a fuss and they will probably sell it to you. Or find another cashier. Someone on CAG said they called to ask what Sears Home Electronics meant and they were told that the coupon should still work since Sears Electronics were a different thing.

nataku

Where are the original coupons? My printer is almost out of ink and I don't think I can print one off clearly. :lol

Mar

Snah said:
Really no excuse now.

That's only $70 more than a Wii.

What an incredible value.

homer_beer.png

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
velvet_nitemare said:
The one for the Dec 22nd is even better, but i don't see the Kmart logo on it.

It says K-Mart in the description.

Nobby

I just went to the Seattle KMart and they said they would take the coupon but the one I printed was such crappy quality that it wouldn't even scan. Reprinted a way better copy from a printer that actually had ink and I'm about go back. Hope it works!!!!! Need something to play while my 360 gets repaired.

Loudninja

Nobby said:
I just went to the Seattle KMart and they said they would take the coupon but the one I printed was such crappy quality that it wouldn't even scan. Reprinted a way better copy from a printer that actually had ink and I'm about go back. Hope it works!!!!! Need something to play while my 360 gets repaired.

So you getting a PS3?

Nobby

Yup, just came back from Kmart and they took my printed coupon. So if anyone in seattle wants one, the Seattle kmart on aurora will take your printed coupons. Woot!

edit - I got a 40gb PS3

mollipen

My friend used the coupon today to buy a $800 HDTV, so if it works for that, it'll work for a PS3 or Xbox 360. If the cashier gives you a problem, argue with them, or return at a different time.

Redd

Im this close leaving tonight and looking for 24hour Kmart......better print that bad boy out just in case no more coupons are left there.

dralla

Nobby said:
Yup, just came back from Kmart and they took my printed coupon. So if anyone in seattle wants one, the Seattle kmart on aurora will take your printed coupons. Woot!

What exactly did you get? I'm going to try and keep track of what everyone bought and see how much money was saved

btw, could a mod change the title to let people know it's not just PS3's. maybe "20% off PS3/360 hardware"

DrXym

Tesco had 30% off all consoles and games a weekend ago. Too bad I didn't see it in time or I might have got myself something.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Amir0x! I'm calling you out! That K-Mart coupon works with layaways (and K-Mart still does those, unlike Wal-Mart). You can absolutely get your PS3 now! :lol

No fucking excuse!

So I'm back with a $135 Piano Black Core PSP. The terms on the coupon weren't in question, only that one guy said it was "from the internet" (noticeably printed out) which caused a moment of hesitation... but they still gave it to me just fine. I also picked up (not part of this) Ultimate Ghouls and Ghosts for $12 to compliment, they had a fair number of discounted PSP games.

This thread seriously needs a title change. The current wording makes it sound like one of those "Sign up for a SonyStyle credit card!" topics that pops up every now and then.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
joshcryer said:
Amir0x! I'm calling you out! That K-Mart coupon works with layaways (and K-Mart still does those, unlike Wal-Mart). You can absolutely get your PS3 now! :lol

No fucking excuse!

:lol

Ah oh Amir0x. What's you gonna dooooo?

Brodequin

Ravager61 said:
Go back and make a fuss and they will probably sell it to you. Or find another cashier. Someone on CAG said they called to ask what Sears Home Electronics meant and they were told that the coupon should still work since Sears Electronics were a different thing.

The coupon does say "...electronics, Lands' End, Sears Home Electronics..." so that's probably why he got denied. Anyway, since others are saying that some Kmarts are accepting the coupon, he should just try another store or try the same one at a later time.

Brodequin said:
The coupon does say "...electronics, Lands' End, Sears Home Electronics..." so that's probably why he got denied. Anyway, since others are saying that some Kmarts are accepting the coupon, he should just try another store or try the same one at a later time.

The purple one does, I've noticed, but the red one only lists Sears Home Electronics. Don't bother with the purple one if it can be helped.

Sean

Banned
Well it worked for me at a Kmart in NJ.

img_0060afd9f.JPG

Lady was like "That will be $413" and then I hand her the coupon and she quickly scans it without reading, and after seeing the price change so much she started to read the fine print...

So I distracted her by holding the credit card upside down and asking if I was swiping it correctly. She offered to do it for me, handed me the receipt, I said thank you and walked away quickly. Final price with tax etc was $331. Also had an offer for $15 off a $25 or more purchase on the receipt, so I can use that to get a game or something.

Redd

Nice nice. So no one use the coupon to get 360s? That's weird, if the ps3 is below 400 that would make the 360 even lower......im surprised.

Beezy

The 11/3 - 12/22 coupons (the last 2 in the OP) say that electronics (not Sears electronics) are excluded. Has anyone got them to work at their Kmart?

Ravager61

Printed out coupon worked great. I just got a 40GB PS3. I thought she was going to reject the coupon while she was looking over it but she scanned it and it went through fine so I guess she didnt care too much. :D

Cronox

Banned
I wish the Kmarts near me still had 60 gig ones...

By the way, do you guys think Frys would price match on this?

Redd

Cronox said:
I wish the Kmarts near me still had 60 gig ones...

By the way, do you guys think Frys would price match on this?

Cant hurt to ask. Maybe Walmart might match too. I had to go to 3 kmarts before I found a 60 gig model. Box looked kind of old too. But 200 dollars off launch price and Sony only making software bc PS3s from now on I just had to get it.

Zapages

Sean said:
Well it worked for me at a Kmart in NJ.

img_0060afd9f.JPG

Lady was like "That will be $413" and then I hand her the coupon and she quickly scans it without reading, and after seeing the price change so much she started to read the fine print...

So I distracted her by holding the credit card upside down and asking if I was swiping it correctly. She offered to do it for me, handed me the receipt, I said thank you and walked away quickly. Final price with tax etc was $331. Also had an offer for $15 off a $25 or more purchase on the receipt, so I can use that to get a game or something.

Which Kmart??? Did they have 60 gig or 80 gig versions?!!!! I live in Morris County...

spwolf

Beezy said:
The 11/3 - 12/22 coupons (the last 2 in the OP) say that electronics (not Sears electronics) are excluded. Has anyone got them to work at their Kmart?

one until 17th works perfectly, so use that one...

People coupon is valid and works fine. If they tell you they cant use it because of electronics, just complain since it is valid coupon.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Sean said:

lol social engineering. gg

i so wish i could afford a ps3 right now. =(

Top Bottom