• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
Nobunaga no Chef 44

RZWTG9k.jpg

Nobunaga no Chef 45
A single tear.

Isn't there a rule against posting spoiler images?

Aizo

Banned
Nah, it's pretty much a free for all as long as you post the title first.

Huh. I don't know why I thought that, then. I guess I saw Dresden's post, and it reinforced my misunderstanding.
It always made sense in my head because after reading the title, it's easy to avoid reading text, but it's not so easy to avoid seeing an image.

Akito

Mgx.png

I see Ran and the Gray World has made it onto the top 10 banner, what makes it even better is that it's such a gorgeous cover, great job dramatis.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmmm, aren't images that come from raws or unreleased scans pretty much the only no no? Other than images hotlinked from scanlation sites.

Wakusei No Samidare EDIT: Hoshi no Samidare, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer or whatever you call it Vol 1

There's an unlikely hero and a mentor and a threat to all existence. I see how this goes.
But then the mentor also wants to destroy everything and... the hero does as well.

Wait what.

Updated the list again. There are roughly 22 of us.

Enjoy putting everyone's number as I did LOL.

Food Smut 1

o_O How the hell have I been missing out on this each week!!!

OMG as soon as I can get away from Pokemon, I'm gonna marathon this crap.

BTW it looks like the thread slowed down thanks to Pokemon lol.

Got 1 badge so far and 3 main pokemon.

Froakie, Pikachu and a Pidgy (soon to be Pidgeotto)
Marathon it immediately SoTaku demands it.

How do you have main team already? I dont have a badge yet but know eevee will stick with me through current to end game. Maybe Quacklin too and my Giotto (fennikin)

wonzo

Banned
Yozakura Quartet 1-50
I've been meaning to check this out ever since I finished up the three part OVA series just to compare the two and I have to say I was a bit too harsh on Ryochimo's directorial talents as he did a really good job with it, which bodes pretty well for the new TV series that started airing.

Now as for the manga itself, it starts out as a complete mess for the first few volumes thanks to how poorly it introduces concepts or characters to the point where it really does feel completely directionless. It isn't until the later parts of volume 3 that things actually start to come together in an understandable and pointed manner. I definitely wouldn't have bothered with any more of this past the first few volumes if it wasn't thanks to the more "funny" chapters which do a good job of keeping it interesting.

The only other real complaint I have about this series is how it wasted a perfectly good opportunity to mix things up a bit and focus on Zakuro re-integrating into the town but what we got instead was a flashback origins story on the two gods bumming around the place. It would've been a really interesting way to learn more about the town and how it deals with new residents. It actually kinda pissed me off that it later reveals she really can't remember anything from she was "fallen". lol

I'm definitely ticking with this for now, I just wish the author would stop finishing off each arc with the name of it plastered at the very end of the chapter it finishes in. It just reminds me of the climactic chapter in Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer which pulled that kinda thing off about a billion times better.

megane > juri's sister > land god

Aizo

Banned
Wakusei No Samidare Vol 1

There's an unlikely hero and a mentor and a threat to all existence. I see how this goes.
But then the mentor also wants to destroy everything and... the hero does as well.

Wait what.

I'm glad you're taking up my recommendation!
Everyone either calls it Hoshi no Samidare or Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, so they may be confused for a moment by Wakusei no Samidare.
It's not your typical action series!
Enjoy!

dkoy

Prunus Girl 1-42(end)

So I saw this today and marathoned it. And despite being told repeatedly that Aikawa is a guy I still feel trolled. Please explain why ManGAF o_o. First time I've actually read a manga where the main character is (turned?) gay. Good read overall, all the characters are charming.

upandaway

Mr.Fix: 1220 - 6033 - 2115
BatDan: 3136-6735-5789
Wynnebeck: 3007 - 8094 - 4172 <-Fixed, the 72 was a 27 at original post.
Acid08: 1478-3803-6229
DTL: 3695-0036-2242
Kurita: 0817 3728 9603
dakkumauji: 4184-1337-9372
B-Dubs: 0559-6808-4314
IHaveIce: 1864-9176-1135
Angry Grimace: 5026 - 4541 - 3950
Added everyone, quoted didn't add me!

The Killer 1
tumblr_mum1yvDdDu1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Saoking wet rain confessional scenes are always good and pleasing and added with confusion from Haibara san made it a memorable start. Hopefully the next chapter with the response wont take too long.

Glass Rebel

Kingdom 243-245

This was just beyond.

3yI67jo.png

I can't. I simply can't.

And then the smackdown with the Hi Shin unit losing every single battle because Shin is simply too stupid :lol

And finally Ten is back boom shaka laka

She really gotta drop that stupidass costume though.

Koi o Suru nara Kono Machi de 1
tumblr_mum46aSsug1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Host club starting in a neighborhood full of older adults and elderly ladies, requires the manager, Keiji, and his friend, Hotaru, to win over everyone here due to the previous owner of the estate hopping town without paying. I liked how things moved at least, Hotaru is my favorite in the cast but hes a side character, and Keiji is pretty nice in all his scenes, looks great, especially the panel. For the main ones of Keiji and Tooru, looking forward to where things go with them, somehow chuckled at the asking to date and giving no chance for a response, probably the facial expressing on that page too. Chp 2 hopefully today...

Vagabond 1-5

wpCyoVk.jpg

This is some good stuff. I like the time period, the main character (so far) and his little sidekick isn't that annoying (at least not yet), but I totally expect him to die. The start is slow enough to get you into the story, but not too slow to bore you. The art is fantastic, of course and I enjoyed quite a lot of panels, especially the colored ones. I love Takezo's facial expression when he gets serious.

cj_iwakura

I asked in the arcade racer thread, but no one there seemed to know, so...

Is the Maximum Tune/Wangan Midnight manga any good, at least on par with Initial D's(which I loved up until Project D's arc)?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Added everyone, quoted didn't add me!

...it doesn't just send you like a notification if someone does it? You actually have to blind-add each number on BOTH sides?

Ugh, Nintendo...

Edit: I put all of those numbers in and I have about the same number of friends I had before I entered them. :amcry:

Manazashi no Hayagane 3

That was a nice way to end their arc of sorts and get them to move on. I wonder how the class reacted to the way he started (that one person in tears even).

Haikyuu!! 81
tumblr_mum7rqgYMD1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Should have been a cover page or something, I think Hinata is onto something, looking forward to it if he can bring Kageyama along. Fairly good designs on the other teams there, with the Nekoma scene of Kenma commenting and avoiding the ball and Tsuki moment being my favorite parts.

I asked in the arcade racer thread, but no one there seemed to know, so...

Is the Maximum Tune/Wangan Midnight manga any good, at least on par with Initial D's(which I loved up until Project D's arc)?

If the anime is any indication, then I can't say that Wangan Midnight can hold a candle when compared to Initial D. But it is better than no racing manga at all, so you can still give it a try.

cj_iwakura

If the anime is any indication, then I can't say that Wangan Midnight can hold a candle when compared to Initial D. But it is better than no racing manga at all, so you can still give it a try.

Well, the game implies the story is kind of ridiculous and silly, but I'm okay with that.

Vagabond 1-5

wpCyoVk.jpg

This is some good stuff. I like the time period, the main character (so far) and his little sidekick isn't that annoying (at least not yet), but I totally expect him to die. The start is slow enough to get you into the story, but not too slow to bore you. The art is fantastic, of course and I enjoyed quite a lot of panels, especially the colored ones. I love Takezo's facial expression when he gets serious.

Probably one of my favorite mangas ever. It just keeps getting better and better.

Takehiko Inoue went from a manga artist in the first few volumes to one of the best artist of anything, in Japan while making that.

Nordicus

Hajime No Ippo 64

I'm so impatient that the weekly dose of HNI:Rising is not enough for me right now, so I've chosen to read the whole series from the beginning. Such great characters, even Hayami Ryuuichi, the popular pretty boy from the Rookie Tournament, is somewhat likeable.

Also this:
YY0uqnr.jpg

...I wish I had the stamina to dash from ass to ass...

Anyone here collects manga besides reading them as scanlations?

I am at 567 volumes right now (physically) and just bought Legend of Mana 2-5 and Rahxephon 2+3.

Since I collect them I really wanna have all of them, even though if I didnt like them that much. Its especially hard to get the last volume of Eureka Seven 6 for a good price nowadays. I already looked for it since 2010 and it was 6,50&#8364; normally, but even in 2010 it was already 25-30&#8364;, even though it came out in 2008 here.

Another thing I kinda hate is the paper that was used in the early 00s for german manga. So I have GTO here and the first 10 volumes already look "yellow", while all the later volumes still look totally white. Looks a bit shitty in the bookshelf :(

Btw. is there a used manga-scene in america? I wanted to buy GTO Shonan 14 days and 80&#8364; for the 9 volumes still seems a bit too high right now for me.

Kieli

For sure. I always support any industry that I enjoy.

While my collection pales in comparison to yours (it's just getting started), look forward to several pics going forward as I build it up. :)

However, I'm the type of person to buy everything at once rather than a few small pick-ups here and there.

mhs004

Yes I do. If there is a series I really like and the manga is available were I live(U.S) then I will buy it if I have the money. I just started buying during Christmas so my collection is kind of small right now with 49 volumes mostly made out of One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Titan, and Toriko. I just got done paying my tuition so I'm going to start buying again soon.

Kurita

I am at 567 volumes right now (physically) and just bought Legend of Mana 2-5 and Rahxephon 2+3.

Since I collect them I really wanna have all of them, even though if I didnt like them that much. Its especially hard to get the last volume of Eureka Seven 6 for a good price nowadays. I already looked for it since 2010 and it was 6,50€ normally, but even in 2010 it was already 25-30€, even though it came out in 2008 here.

Another thing I kinda hate is the paper that was used in the early 00s for german manga. So I have GTO here and the first 10 volumes already look "yellow", while all the later volumes still look totally white. Looks a bit shitty in the bookshelf :(
I do.
I have 447 volumes. My only problem is that my shelves are full so I have a lot of volumes that are "homeless"...

Here are some. I really wanna buy same bookshelves just for manga. Glad my gf is okay with that.
A few areas are kinda dusty. And I guess you can see what I mean with the GTO-Volumes. The left ones look far more yellow than the ones on the right side.

qHhimaJ.jpg

V2BZAzD.jpg

2Y1dl0K.jpg

ma7eiOp.jpg

5ndUxTa.jpg

26VEQGR.jpg

tQuLVog.jpg

Dsqs4Pl.jpg

Btw. if anyone is interested I can send them my excel-sheet, where you can type in manga, see how much you are missing and such things. Looks like this:

vbbkZld.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom