• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seraph of the End 2
tumblr_muonmjv9eQ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fantastic chapter and progress to not keep him in a solely revenge filled state for so long. Going the school route, making Guren interesting and throwing extremely close fried Yoichi into the mix sets this manga on a straight trajectory towards for and potential greatness. Glad its getting print releases next year. Hyakuya is definitely a fresh new face in monthly manga.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
5026 - 4541 - 3950

Don't think you added me yet; added you

(why can't Friend Codes work like Facebook and just be like "do you want to accept this dude")

Because Nintendo is retarded that way sometimes. I mean, you wouldn't even get a notify if someone added you. Not to mention any sane person would of course more easily remember a username like Angry Grimace or Laughing Banana instead a string of random numbers, bleh.

While I am at it, if anyone is interested in adding me in PSN, my name is LaughingBanana.

Honshin Engi Vol.04

1Kw2WKpl.jpg

Still enjoy how the story is proceeding. Also pretty funny to see the main character get pushed into the sidelines.

wonzo

Banned
AKB49 137
HOLY SHIT

I'm pretty hard pressed to remember an arc that ended as well as this one did.

Donyatsu 24
Never thought I'd say this for a manga about weird donut pet things but

realerthanreal.gif

Silver Spoon 88

Komaba's lucky to have such caring twins.

Nozo x Kimi 14

AHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHHHHAAAA

This author sure does love his "NTR", esp. with the throwback to Nozoki Ana on the TV!

One Punch Man 29
tumblr_muoumuyr9E1qbxqfpo1_500.png

First Speed o Sound Sonic and now Genos, he's taking all my favorites :(. Alright chapter, not too excited for a few of them, and Child Emperor looked better in previous arts, though, maybe he'll deliver.

Kusagari

5026 - 4541 - 3950

Don't think you added me yet; added you

(why can't Friend Codes work like Facebook and just be like "do you want to accept this dude")

Weird, I added you already but you're not coming up as adding me. Same for you I'm guessing?

I hateeeee friend codes so much.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 36

Man this is one of the most enjoyable mangas running right now. Hilarious. and the romance when it happens is interesting as well -- though it's a lot more comedy. Love this series. Too bad it's likely to never be released in the U.S. thanks to its heavy references to Japanese pop culture.

one piece spoilers (not sure if confirmed)

Law says it's not revenge but for someone's will and then start fighting.
- Momonosuke remembers the first time he and Kinnemon saw Doflamingo on Dressrosa. Kanjuro was with them (we could see his shadow).
- Violet comes back to the Royal Palace.
- Bartolomeo asks Zoro for a signature and tries finding Luffy for them.
- Rebecca defeats some fighters without hurting them. She can use Kenbunshoku Haki.
- Some of main fighters are catched in a huge basement, including...

· Don Chinjao
· Sai
· Hajrudin
· Dagama
· Elizabello II
· Blue Gilly
· Hack
· Ricky

End of chapter

Aizo

Banned
I kinda feel bad when I post about something unrelated to manga here, but I was wondering if anyone else uses Backloggery. I'd be curious to see your pages. Out of guilt, I guess I'll post manga impressions... hmm... Oh yeah! I read a bunch of

Shaman King - Vol. 1-7
The manga handles the pacing far better than the anime, of which I only have seen 13 episodes. Enter Raoh Tao Ren.
I'm not reading it online, and I'm having troulbe finding the right page, but when Ren is first shown riding the white horse, I instantly thought of Raoh from Hokuto no Ken. I was going to make a joke about it, but the author definitely intended for that connection to made. The horse's name is revealed to be Hakuō (白王:white king) while Raoh's horse's name is Kokuō (黒王:black king). I just this was a cool, little detail.

I'm enjoying Shaman King so far. Aside from its sexism, use of shounen tropes that I don't like, and overt caricaturization of other races, it's quite fun! I'm really not trying to be sarcastic. These things bug me, but it's not enough to detract from the series.
The exaggerations of cultures with tribal heritage are pretty ridiculous. Ainu, Africans, and Native Americans are shown to naturally and customarily be greatly powerful when it comes to magic/shamanistic rituals. The way they are depicted is not usually too progressive. It's surely not ill intentioned, but there are still things that seem quite racist.

Akito

I kinda feel bad when I post about something unrelated to manga here, but I was wondering if anyone else uses Backloggery. I'd be curious to see your pages.
I don't, my backlog is already depressing enough as is, I don't need a site to tell me the cold truth.

Ran of the gray world 25.5
Damn, adult Nio is looking fine, dem legs.

Glad for yet another world trigger colour page this year

#47 Jump Bottom Nine

Shokugeki no Souma
Hq!!
Nisekoi
Bleach
Kochikame
Beelzebub
Soul Catcher(S)
Kurokuroku
Hime-dol!

#48:
Lead CP: Naruto
CP: Kuroko no Basket, World Trigger

Savanna Game: The Comic 3

What a short chapter, all they did was receive support items and thats it :(

Phi Brain - Kami no Puzzle 7

Guess their skipping over the individual puzzles after Kaito brief puzzle solving break in the interest of time. I liked how they made the Jikukawa reveal darker than the anime made it.

upandaway

I kinda feel bad when I post about something unrelated to manga here, but I was wondering if anyone else uses Backloggery. I'd be curious to see your pages.
I was so annoyed with Backloggery that I just wrote something on my own to organize my games (it saves some info I care about for each game but it mostly mimics MangaUpdates in organization). The problem is that I'm too lazy to start filling it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Weird, I added you already but you're not coming up as adding me. Same for you I'm guessing?

I hateeeee friend codes so much.

I may have entered yours wrong. I'll check it out when I get home from work.

Lain

The Flowers of Evil volume 7
D3x.jpg

The end of Kasuga and Nakamura rampage felt a bit anti-climatic, though it really wrecked Kasuga for good.
Seeing him afterward, he really became a shadow of himself.
Naturally, a new girl shows up that reminds him a bit of Nakamura and he's already getting into (emotional) trouble.
Dude was born to suffer.

Soul Cartel 91 - 92

Still always falling behind but the conclusion to the witch arc wasnt bad at all. With everyone back to their usual, epic Faust surprising, Shihoon being all leader like, and Mephisto bringing comedy, Im ready for the next arc.

Gazoinks

The Flowers of Evil volume 7
D3x.jpg

The end of Kasuga and Nakamura rampage felt a bit anti-climatic, though it really wrecked Kasuga for good.
Seeing him afterward, he really became a shadow of himself.
Naturally, a new girl shows up that reminds him a bit of Nakamura and he's already getting into (emotional) trouble.
Dude was born to suffer.

I'm thinking about picking this up since I watched the anime. Question: Is the anime close enough to the comic that I can just continue from the end of the anime, or should I read what the anime covered as well?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aku no Hana 49

Its (not) happening. He's totally going to reject.

I'm thinking about picking this up since I watched the anime. Question: Is the anime close enough to the comic that I can just continue from the end of the anime, or should I read what the anime covered as well?

I think it's close enough, but I didn't read what the anime covered and I was fine.

Anyway, this isn't spoilers for the manga at all....AT ALL.....this isn't something that happens nor is this a plot twist from the manga...but I had a dream about the Flowers of Evil where I was investigating an old fairground, and Tokiwa-san showed up in a minivan for some reason to pick me up. I had a note from someone earlier, and I decided to read it in the vehicle. It said "Beware Tokiwa-san, she used to belong to another family, and that families name is Nakamura. Her real name is Nakamura-san." I look over and Tokiwa's face has turned into a nightmare version of Nakamura's, and I freak my shit out, and she starts laughing and cackling at me about perverts, and I jump the fuck out of her minivan and book it away from her glowing-ass eyes. Scared the shit out of me.

Angry Grimace

Whatever happened to Yamada, anyways? Even Soma's still coming out and the project lead just quit.

Gazoinks

I think it's close enough, but I didn't read what the anime covered and I was fine.

Anyway, this isn't spoilers for the manga at all....AT ALL.....this isn't something that happens nor is this a plot twist from the manga...but I had a dream about the Flowers of Evil where I was investigating an old fairground, and Tokiwa-san showed up in a minivan for some reason to pick me up. I had a note from someone earlier, and I decided to read it in the vehicle. It said "Beware Tokiwa-san, she used to belong to another family, and that families name is Nakamura. Her real name is Nakamura-san." I look over and Tokiwa's face has turned into a nightmare version of Nakamura's, and I freak my shit out, and she starts laughing and cackling at me about perverts, and I jump the fuck out of her minivan and book it away from her glowing-ass eyes. Scared the shit out of me.

That sounds like a terrible dream. D:

Yonafunu

I just caught up with World Trigger (after ignoring it since like chapter 5) and damn, it actually gets a lot better. I wasn't expecting that.

Heysoos

Tower of God

I recently got hooked on this series after I powered through a bunch of chapters during my dull period between lectures. Love it.

This moment was the best.

xnRgaLr.png

True love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom