• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Himouto Umaru-chan 28
Umaru cheating at the game of life. I call hax.

To Love-ru Darkness 36
And another (temporary) obstacle to the great plan appears. Also another Lala mech goes wrong. Typical.
Of course it has to confuse underwear with garbage and suck them away.

dumbyugi

Girls Go Around 1-2

This is about girls who repeat the same day in a loop until they solve their regrets. The MC also gets caught in these time loops and he decides to help solve the girls regrets. I'm actually suprised by how good this is. The characters are fun and the art is nice. I hope some of the loops get a little more complex and take more than 1 chapter to solve.

Naruto

Everything was kamehameha

At least the plot is finally moving... Hopefully

Bleach

Bazz B is still around, but I'll give that to Ice Tard he rocked that guy

One Piece

Sad we didn't get law vs dofla this week, but overall solid chapter. Dofla's plan could backfire if all the strong pirates break free and attack him with the Straw Hats

Naruto 651

Tenten just did something important.

Manga confirmed to end this year.

/jk

Almost thought Kishi forgot about Shino until he was shown with everyone

One Piece

Odd, no flashback, last chapter page would seem to lead it that way. Ah well, seems like the next chapter(not next week :'C though) will finally reveal how they make people into toys....though i dont want the cone headed Grandpa to turn into one though. Also
54217-Suddenly-dinosaur-gif-OVoc.gif

Bleach

Alright, now that his Bankai, I wanna see Bazz B take him on!

Naruto

Is it over or not? Btw, longest inner monologue evvaaaaar.

Raxus

Naruto

Everything was kamehameha

At least the plot is finally moving... Hopefully

Bleach

Bazz B is still around, but I'll give that to Ice Tard he rocked that guy

Naruto

This isn't even his final form

Bleach

Frosty the Snowidiot is still going to lose in a FULL PAGE PANEL! next week. You can count on it.

Apath

Naruto

failing to see why Naruto needed his friends to use the attack when he already has 9 tails just as capable of hitting Obito's shield.

I didn't see it posted here

Boa Hancock was announced playable for Jump vs as One Piece's second rep. Chitoge from Nisekoi, Lala from Love-Ru, and Rukia from Bleach announced as support only

Aizo

Banned
I wrote up the biggest post I'd ever written on NeoGAF, but Firefox crashed. I'm gonna go cry forever. I guess I'll redo parts of it.

The Town Where Your Shitty Ex-Girlfriend Just Won't Leave, and Her Sister Wants You, Too - Vol. 13
To sum it up, I said this series sucks, and that Seo doesn't know how relationships work. I guess someone still being a virgin in college isn't that uncommon? But it seems like these two lovebirds haven't done anything beyond kissing. That's pretty uncommon.

Haruto managed to sum up my thoughts about this series quite well.
How does Haruto get away with all this shit?

My favorite part of the volume (the only time I smiled) was when Haruto got poked in the eyes. Ahh. That was cathartic. Also, at first, I detested Rin, but now I like her because she makes Haruto's life more difficult. Such an awful MC. I was writing up my really long post while I read the volume, so it was pretty detailed with my reactions... Oh well. There's always next week. (I only read one volume a week. My weak heart can't take more than that.)

Here's another highlight. Bat hair. Reminds me of Kyary, but far less cool.

I also talked about how Seo chose to rip off the low tier convenience store, Daily Yamazaki, because his series isn't good enough to rip off Lawson.

One more thing:
2meta4me

Aizo

Banned
I should read Ippo sometime.

It's especially funny because in a few chapters earlier, they were reading Ippo, and the characters really like it. I guess the author of Ippo heard about it, and decided to let Seo know that he doesn't have to return compliments.

Akito

It's especially funny because in a few chapters earlier, they were reading Ippo, and the characters really like it. I guess the author of Ippo heard about it, and decided to let Seo know that he doesn't have to return compliments.
Either that or it's just a joke between those two, Ippo and KNIM run in the same magazine so chances are they know each other quite well.

Aizo

Banned
Is that the name of the manga?

I rename it every time I write up my reactions to a volume.

The Nicknames List
Sometimes people talk about series with a pet nickname and thereby render themselves completely incomprehensible. Therefore, we have a handy list here that might help with 1) translating the banners above and 2) translating our local maniacs' jargon.
  1. A Town Where You _____ = Kimi no Iru Machi
  2. KNIM = Kimi no Iru Machi
  3. Rage Town = Kimi no Iru Machi
It goes by many names, but I've probably taken it too far. I just use the setup of A Town Where You _____.

Aizo

Banned
Either that or it's just a joke between those two, Ippo and KNIM run in the same magazine so chances are they know each other quite well.

Ah, I see. I've only ever purchased one issue of Shōnen Magazine, and that was before I knew what KNIM was. I'm curious if it's just a joke now...

Bleach 553

Hyorinmaru looks cool.

No pun intended

I didn't see it posted here

Boa Hancock was announced playable for Jump vs as One Piece's second rep. Chitoge from Nisekoi, Lala from Love-Ru, and Rukia from Bleach announced as support only

Surprised about Hancock. But I guess they do need another woman whose actually competent in a fight.

ElFly

Naruto

I kind of hope the manga ends here somehow. Madara will surely go welp you all showed me that a world where ninjas work together is possible you guys, thanks.

Cause I don't feel there's many more asspulls Madara can do that Obito did not already do.

Also hope Sasuke doesn't fight with Naruto over the Hokage title ASSHOLE YOU NEVER WANTED TO BE HOKAGE YOU COPYCAT

Bleach 553

Would have preferred a few different angles for Hitsugayas moments as it seem at times a b it challenging to exactly tell what all the changes were going on, but it was still wholly interesting. Though Grimmjow would show up following after Urahara, but I guess not.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach

I sure like how he's wearing Hyourinmaru thanks to its mini-hollofication, the mask and the sash across his chest. A little design flair I wasn't really expecting. Didn't look like Soi Fon's was any different, though. Maybe just not a great angle to get a look at it.

Fully expect the Quincy to bust out Vollständig now, these fights aint done.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Just poking fun most likely. Considering Ippo says he likes it because that same scenario happens with him and Kumi all the time.

Hystzen

Bleach

Another ass pull gives ice boy another victory gets boring every fight he just magically has a super powerful move he uses after gettin owned. If Buzz does not shoot the guy in the back next week then burn him to crisp will forget this snore fest. It turning into FKT again where villains getting crushed easily maybe Kubo noticed how op he made the SR. Yeah yeah they have other moves or claim fight is not over but got feeling Chang is done

Bleach 553

Hyorinmaru looks cool.

No pun intended

Surprised about Hancock. But I guess they do need another woman whose actually competent in a fight.

They could have easily picked Nami or Robin instead or Hancock though. Also if you wanted female characters then why is Rukia support? Probably so ice tard can be playable -.-

Kusagari

One Piece

Not sure how smart Doflamingo's plan of capturing the warriors that lost is, especially considering there's a crew member of a Yonkou there. Guess the finale of this arc will have Luffy, Law and the entire colosseum vs. Doflamingo's crew.

Bleach

Once again Bleach shows that it's fights consist of nothing but people coming back after seeming defeated.

Naruto

Please just have Obito's lame story end here.

One Piece 725

Bart would faint if he had Zoro's autograph lol

Looks like Luffy and co. just gained alot more companions when they fight against Doflamingo.

They could have easily picked Nami or Robin instead or Hancock though. Also if you wanted female characters then why is Rukia support? Probably so ice tard can be playable -.-

I will agree on how odd a pick Hancock is over Nami and Robin.

But I will say if I wanted a strong, female fighter from One Piece in a fighting game, Hancock would be my top pick.

Plus, her dere moments over Luffy make for some very good humor.

And the only reason Rukia's a support is (and this purely my conjecture) the feeling that Bleach is getting shafted over Toriko and won't have any other playable characters other than Ichigo and possibly Aizen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wrote up the biggest post I'd ever written on NeoGAF, but Firefox crashed. I'm gonna go cry forever. I guess I'll redo parts of it.

The Town Where Your Shitty Ex-Girlfriend Just Won't Leave, and Her Sister Wants You, Too - Vol. 13

To sum it up, I said this series sucks, and that Seo doesn't know how relationships work. I guess someone still being a virgin in college isn't that uncommon? But it seems like these two lovebirds haven't done anything beyond kissing. That's pretty uncommon.

Haruto managed to sum up my thoughts about this series quite well.

How does Haruto get away with all this shit?

My favorite part of the volume (the only time I smiled) was when Haruto got poked in the eyes. Ahh. That was cathartic. Also, at first, I detested Rin, but now I like her because she makes Haruto's life more difficult. Such an awful MC. I was writing up my really long post while I read the volume, so it was pretty detailed with my reactions... Oh well. There's always next week. (I only read one volume a week. My weak heart can't take more than that.)

Here's another highlight. Bat hair. Reminds me of Kyary, but far less cool.

I also talked about how Seo chose to rip off the low tier convenience store, Daily Yamazaki, because his series isn't good enough to rip off Lawson.

One more thing:

2meta4me

Apparently in Seo-land nobody takes birth control, either.

Glass Rebel

Kiseijuu/Parasyte END

Read this in the span of 3 days and really liked it. Art was decent but what I really found intriguing was the story and concept of parasites living as humans and the morality of humans dictating the course of the world. It was a bit hamfisted in some regards (like the final chapter) but overall it was pretty good.

Shinichi was handled pretty well I thought, especially his slow transformation and rebound. His relationship to Murano could have been more fleshed out more but honestly, it was better than many manga that actually focus on relationships.

Best part of the manga?

Migi was amazing :lol

Didn't even realize that this was from the Historie mangaka but it explains the similarities in art and movement.

tl;dr: Guy loses power to fap, grows tentacles to save mankind. Would recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom