• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirai Nikki Redial

Ummm...okay then? I never really liked Mirai Nikki's ending and this doesn't really add much to it.

In other news, I'm always looking for more mangas to read. My favorite titles are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Hunter X Hunter. Also, I can't forget Medaka Box because of all the 4th wall breaking and Jump references. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :D

Mirai Nikki Redial

Ummm...okay then? I never really liked Mirai Nikki's ending and this doesn't really add much to it.

In other news, I'm always looking for more mangas to read. My favorite titles are Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Hunter X Hunter. Also, I can't forget Medaka Box because of all the 4th wall breaking and Jump references. Any recommendations?

Big Order
Binbougami ga!
Tegami Bachi
Spiral the Bonds of Reasoning

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Mirai Nikki Redial

One Piece
Shokugeki no Soma
One-Punch Man
Toriko
Fist of the North Star

scy

Golden Time vol. 1

I really enjoy the anime so I thought I'd check out how the manga adaptation was. Eps 1-3 coincide with the first volume of the manga. I think the manga art is average and the anime adaptation is waaay more interested and better presented than the manga. Don't want to ruin the anime by reading ahead either so I suppose I'll stop here. I hope the light novels will be officially released in English in the future.

Is it really? Guess I'll look forward to watching some of the anime.

Though, I quite like the manga's art :x Then again, all I can picture when I say that is stuff from Chapter 11... which I guess puts this around Episode 6-ish for the anime? May just be a case of the situation that makes that stand out to me. Well, we'll see if you get around to reading that chapter later / after the anime covers it.

Undertaker Riddle 40
tumblr_muzwqnUBgL1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

We may have been waiting for 225 days, but truly this is still Gangan Onlines best series yet. Johannes is extremely epic and easily, he ranks as probably best antagonist so far. Brutal destruction for all of the undertakers around, though I dont know how they will get out of this situation. Terrible it has to end in six chapters (so hard trying to avoid reading summaries of what happened in the final chapters, will wait...). Chapter could have had more Hayato and Riddle, but still. Looking forward to more.

Personant

An one-shot about a world where everyone wear masks and the one man who doesn't.

Well the world is interesting. Well kinda. Doesn't really get that much developed here. The story was ok, pretty predictable though. Kinda average but being an one-shot means it's ok for that I guess, lol.

Psyren v12 (99 - 107)
BXEbmpOIMAAWMcO.jpg

I think his art can look pretty off at times, totally different characters at times in the close up shots and then the far off shots to show action, like in the color page or even in the pages for Melchez lance. Minor issue but it was prevealent in lots of these chapters. Good volume and fight, though I guess Im one of the few Yusaka fans even if he designed him in such a way like described :(

Hopeful for more skills...and how odd that he felt inspiration from the foreign tv drama...Criminal Minds.

wonzo

Banned
AKB49 138

this whole handshake thing feels real gross, but not as gross as Minori being together with Yoshinaga again. Eww.

Sekai Seifuku Sekirara Jogakukan 24

This ending was one of the most rushed I've ever read and I don't think the extra chapter will be able to save it. what a shame

Sinbad 12

hey look, they finally covered the stuff in the oneshot and it only took them 12 chapters of really bad art!!!1

Kuroko 234:
Well, Akashi is no joke, as I'm sure anyone could have realized. He dispatches of Kagami so easily here, and does so in a pretty intelligent manner, even causing everyone to momentarily think he had lost. And now, the match is really underway.

Is it really? Guess I'll look forward to watching some of the anime.

Though, I quite like the manga's art :x Then again, all I can picture when I say that is stuff from Chapter 11... which I guess puts this around Episode 6-ish for the anime? May just be a case of the situation that makes that stand out to me. Well, we'll see if you get around to reading that chapter later / after the anime covers it.

Yeah, in my opinion. I think if you like the manga you'll most definitely like the anime because it's done better. The voice acting is good too -- especially with Yui Horie as Koko.

Past Future 01-11

ReHUuEpl.jpg

A boy discovers the joy of crossdressing and under the advice of 2chan decides to become the big sister to his disapproving younger sister.

It was ok. I guess I wanted more of a resolution to the sibling problems and it was just a small step and wasn't as full blown as I expected it to be. I mean besides the lackluster ending, it was a fun read and the premise was amusing enough.

Should have ended with the little sister's boyfriend route, smh

Nordicus

Girls of the Wild's 1-72

I've not seen this much Worf Effect happen so quickly since One-punch Man, but this manhwa doesn't have the excuse of being parody. The romantic comedy stuff is great, but the fights are rather lame partly because of this
Oniichan Control 21
Aww shit son, new chapter?

wonzo

Banned
Hirameki Hatsume-chan 14
I don't know what's better, the box that turns into a fully automatic washing machine or the box house that grows a quiff to shelter clothing from the rain. Either way I want both.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I'm probably jumping to conclusions here but I think I just made a personal discovery (something you may all know if I'm not terribly misinterpreting something here) while reading a manga, I saw an armpit with hair mosaicked out. Mind you that I suck at biology but armpit hair isn't pubic hair right... why would they put a mosaic on armpit hair? Could it be that that armpit hair is treated like pubic hair in manga censorship?

dumbyugi

I'm probably jumping to conclusions here but I think I just made a personal discovery (something you may all know if I'm not terribly misinterpreting something here) while reading a manga, I saw an armpit with hair mosaicked out. Mind you that I suck at biology but armpit hair isn't pubic hair right... why would they put a mosaic on armpit hair? Could it be that that armpit hair is treated like pubic hair in manga censorship?

Pubic hair doesn't need to be censorsed as far as I know, it just happens to be in the same area as the stuff that does. I'm also pretty sure that armpit hair doesn't need to be censored either, so chances are that the armpit hair was censored as a joke.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Pubic hair doesn't need to be censorsed as far as I know, it just happens to be in the same area as the stuff that does. I'm also pretty sure that armpit hair doesn't need to be censored either, so chances are that the armpit hair was censored as a joke.

I guess you're right but the fact that they've never used the joke anywhere else so far in the 55 chapters I've read so far coupled with the thought that I can't remember the last time I saw armpit hair in a manga, I believed that I slipped into some gray area of censorship. Japanese censorship is such a foreign concept to me to begin with.

Thanks for clearing it up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Psyren v12 (99 - 107)
BXEbmpOIMAAWMcO.jpg

I think his art can look pretty off at times, totally different characters at times in the close up shots and then the far off shots to show action, like in the color page or even in the pages for Melchez lance. Minor issue but it was prevealent in lots of these chapters. Good volume and fight, though I guess Im one of the few Yusaka fans even if he designed him in such a way like described :(

Hopeful for more skills...and how odd that he felt inspiration from the foreign tv drama...Criminal Minds.

Every time I see someone read this series I smile. For all the things it did wrong, it did so much more right. It was a really solid piece of storytelling, even when you take the rushed ending into account. A lot of other writers in JUMP could learn a lot by paying attention to Psyren's depiction of women and relationships.

Nordicus

Hekikai no AiON 29-37

I find this series interesting yet I don't actually like it as much as I hoped. Now that Seine has been turned bit more villainous than before with the reveal that her attacking Sheila so many years ago was unprovoked, I don't honestly give much of a crap about these characters since the female lead is this angsty eternal teen witch who lives for vengeance and genocide, and a very milktoast shonen romance protagonist.

The only character that I even remotely like is Sheila, the mute mermaid whose human body from neck down is a walking carcass. I am not expecting her to get a happy ending since she's stuck between rock and a hard place with her whole "I want a living human body so I can be with Tatsuya and forget my past troubles" deal.

By the way, is there anyone else here who reads Yuna Kagesaki's stuff at least partially for the art? It sometimes(/often/always) look super amateurish, but I find this mish mash of shounen and shoujo influences strangely appealing.

TrueBlue

Past Future 01-11

ReHUuEpl.jpg

A boy discovers the joy of crossdressing and under the advice of 2chan decides to become the big sister to his disapproving younger sister.

It was ok. I guess I wanted more of a resolution to the sibling problems and it was just a small step and wasn't as full blown as I expected it to be. I mean besides the lackluster ending, it was a fun read and the premise was amusing enough.

Should have ended with the little sister's boyfriend route, smh

If you're into crossdressing manga, I recommend Reversible Scoolh Life or Sazanami Cherry.

IHaveIce

Banned
Like Haru or Kosaki? Or.... Cthulhu forbid, both?
Who and who?

Just to be clear I don't mean personality wise. I meant she is the worst character in a manga with many characters and somehow gets most of the paneltime along the main protag, eventhough this person is garbage.

Like onodera

kiyomi

I've watched 3 episodes of Aku no Hana and kinda want to read the manga now. Should I be sensible and just start it from the beginning again, or could I pick up from where episode 3 left off and be okay?

I've watched 3 episodes of Aku no Hana and kinda want to read the manga now. Should I be sensible and just start it from the beginning again, or could I pick up from where episode 3 left off and be okay?

I thought a few of the scenes later in the anime were memorable enough to go through the anime to see instead of jumping into the manga...

Rising X Rydeen - 16

We get a look at the past of the weird idol girl it seems. It's mostly what you'd expect, her powers ruined her life and no one was there to comfort her.

Next chapter it seems some fighting might go down. Even though this manga is known for it's ecchi, the action isn't bad at all so I'm excited.

IHaveIce

Banned
Read the manga as soon as possible, the art is so much better than the abomination that is the anime.

Man I remember my introduction to aku no hana... people in here said it was about "shiteating" I was like "really??" Like a gullible person I am.
Someone posted the page where they
lie in the classroam with the smeared ink
And I thought it was literally shit... I was so disgusted ... I had to read it.
Kind of disappointed it wasn't about really eating fecals though

kiyomi

I thought a few of the scenes later in the anime were memorable enough to go through the anime to see instead of jumping into the manga...

I should probably do both, then? :p

Just wondering which to do first, really. It has been quite a while since I last watched the anime..

Read the manga as soon as possible, the art is so much better than the abomination that is the anime.

Thanks~~

Aizo

Banned
Who and who?

Just to be clear I don't mean personality wise. I meant she is the worst character in a manga with many characters and somehow gets most of the paneltime along the main protag, eventhough this person is garbage.

Like onodera

There are two Onodera sisters. It's their last name, so I wasn't sure which sister you were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom