• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Fox318

KYfMPa8.png

Never Give Up

Glad I took Doug Martin second over all in a league...sigh. Should have played it safe with Lynch or if I can use captain hind sight, go with Charles. Reggie Wayne out for my GAF league. Looking at the full list of players out, week 7 was brutal.

Schiano
+
Tampa
+
Glennon
+
Upcoming schedule
+
The fact that he was already kinda underperforming...

erm how will this not end terribly

Junk time
+
NFL leading # of carries per game
+
Glennon short passes if VJax has 2-3x coverage

I'll take that over Chris Johnson or MJD.

PBY

Banned
Junk time
+
NFL leading # of carries per game
+
Glennon short passes if VJax has 2-3x coverage

I'll take that over Chris Johnson or MJD.

Erm, but he hasn't done that all season? And now hes hurt and will probably be done for the year? And they just signed Rainey?

Erm, but he hasn't done that all season? And now hes hurt and will probably be done for the year? And they just signed Rainey?

Tough schedule, QB change, and Rainey was just signed to give them stable insurance (see the Giants). I'm not saying Martin is going to suddenly become top 5 but as long as he can play, even on that Bucs team, ts a much better situation than Chris Johnson's evaporating talent or the hopeless void that is Jacksonville.

PBY

Banned
also just traded TY Hilton for Percy Harvin. thoughts? He was my Flex. I'll have to start either Hartline or one of my struggle backs til PH starts

I'm in a big dilemma, have PeyPey but I have Dalton sitting on the bench putting up 35+ points the last 2 Weeks. Also is it time to let Wesker and Ray Rice go?

PBY

Banned
I'm in a big dilemma, have PeyPey but I have Dalton sitting on the bench putting up 35+ points the last 2 Weeks. Also is it time to let Wesker and Ray Rice go?
U start peyton. And maybe sell welker or rice, but ud be selling low. And I think welker is a solid WR2.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Gonna end up losing to Rorscach (when he left James Jones and Janokowski on his roster) because Hakeem Nicks isn't getting catches and Adrian Peterson continues to do nothing.

All while having 60 some odd points left on the bench...

Fucking D. Hopkins does something the week I bench him, and not the 3 weeks before of nothingness.

18 points.

I only needed 18 points from Eli in an absolute sweetheart matchup vs. an injured Vikes secondary.

Drops, drops, two missed TDs, and THE ONE FUCKING TIME I WANT KEVIN KILLDRIVE TO HAVE ELI PASS 50+ TIMES HE DOESN'T DO IT. Fucking wasted a 6th rounder on him in a 16-teamer.

tumblr_m2vaceZQPE1r0vaoyo1_400.gif

WedgeX

Banned
In two seperate leagues, it came down to tonight. Was behind in both. One, I had Cruz and needed 5 or so points. In the neogaf stragglers league, had Randle and was up against Cruz, and needed at least 8 points and for Cruz to not exceed that.

ibzUGEc1jjlBa1.png

Feeling good, feeling great.

It seems like the fantasy gods have decided to shit on my main wr's this season. I owned Julio in both of my leagues, and also had Reggie in my gaf league and in my other league colston is doing fuck all. Fuck. Could be worse though, sitting alright with blackmon and gordon. Now i'm looking at dhb or boykins since in both leagues douglas was picked up previously. I like dhb's speed but that packers offense seems to be really nice for wr's as well. Help me gaise :|

rando14

Got an offer for him though. Should I get allen or shorts for him?

Shorts gets a lot of targets but he has a crap QB. Allen seems to be the WR1 for SD and Rivers has thrown it well this year. It's up to you, I'd probably lean towards Allen myself.

DSmalls84

Well I was ahead by 3 points yesterday night and pleasantly surprised I didn't lose my match since my opponent had Kyle Rudolph playing.

If you had to choose, who would you rather target, Mike James or Chris Ivory?
I like Ivory a little more. I don't see James outproducing what Martin got, and Martin didn't get a ton of points. I like Ivory's role (RB for all running downs/goal line) and schedule better, but I will say Mike James has the versatility; he's a good receiver out of the backfield. That being said, I don't think he's a better talent.

Conversely, I say James. Ivory has failed to prove himself, over and over. He had the job last week, but who's to say there isn't a split or even a game favoring Powell as the Jets season goes up and down?

At least James has the job.

Now, if I knew Ivory had the job for two weeks, maybe. But Bengals, Saints, bye is not exactly a great schedule.

Conversely, I say James. Ivory has failed to prove himself, over and over. He had the job last week, but who's to say there isn't a split or even a game favoring Powell as the Jets season goes up and down?

At least James has the job.

Now, if I knew Ivory had the job for two weeks, maybe. But Bengals, Saints, bye is not exactly a great schedule.
I disagree, he had the job for like one second in New Orleans, where power RBs go to their fantasy graves to die. He fits the Jets power running style, and as long as he's healthy he's the clear #1. Talk out of New York was that he always was going to reclaim his job w/ Powell playing on passing downs.

Man the byes this week have fucking destroyed my lineup. Ty Hilton, Chris Johnson and Alshon Jeffrey out. And Amendola still a question mark. I am going to have to start either Kyle Rudolph or Kordarelle Patterson at flex.

Petrie

Banned
Man the byes this week have fucking destroyed my lineup. Ty Hilton, Chris Johnson and Alshon Jeffrey out. And Amendola still a question mark. I am going to have to start either Kyle Rudolph or Kordarelle Patterson at flex.

This will be me next week when I lose Stafford, Megatron, Fitz, and Welker. And we start 3 WR plus a Flex. Right know I have Gordon left and picked up Kerley, and I stashed Pryor a few weeks ago in anticiplation, but still need at least 1 more WR with little avaialble, and will still need to plug somebody in at FLEX as well.

I'm losing next week.

VoxPop

Should I trade Giovani Bernard for Percy Harvin?

my team right now

QB - Russell Wilson
WR - Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, Vincent Jackson
RB - LeSean McCoy, DeMarco Murray, Zac Stacy, Andre Brown, Donald Brown
TE - Jordan Cameron
K - Crosby
DEF - 49ers, Bengals

Lol realized I totally trade raped my friend by giving him Doug Martin + David Wilson + Reggie Bush for McCoy + DeMarco + 49ers def earlier in the season

rando14

Who is worth more going forward at WR, Cowboys' Terrance Williams or Colts' Darrius Heyward-Bey?

Tough call. With Wayne out DHB becomes one of Luck's biggest targets, though I'm not really all that impressed with DHB's skills and prior to Sunday's game he had virtually no fantasy impact. Can't say for sure how the Colts will react to Wayne's absence (more running? more Fleener? who knows). His schedule is tougher than Terrance's as well.

As for Terrance I like him more because Romo really seems to like him and he's caught nearly all of the catchable passes thrown his way. He's clearly the WR2 behind Dez and he's playing a lot of snaps too. Terrance also has a great schedule in terms of opponents giving up points to WR (skins, philly, vikes, etc).

I'd lean towards Terrance (and I already picked him up in my league), but it's probably a gut feeling situation.

Try to trade CJ?K right now, his value is as high as it's going to get going into a VERY easy stretch. Also try to unload Jeffrey if you must.

EDIT: Amendola practicing.
Tough call. With Wayne out DHB becomes one of Luck's biggest targets, though I'm not really all that impressed with DHB's skills and prior to Sunday's game he had virtually no fantasy impact. Can't say for sure how the Colts will react to Wayne's absence (more running? more Fleener? who knows). His schedule is tougher than Terrance's as well.

As for Terrance I like him more because Romo really seems to like him and he's caught nearly all of the catchable passes thrown his way. He's clearly the WR2 behind Dez and he's playing a lot of snaps too. Terrance also has a great schedule in terms of opponents giving up points to WR (skins, philly, vikes, etc).

I'd lean towards Terrance (and I already picked him up in my league), but it's probably a gut feeling situation.
Thanks, man.

I picked up Terrance Williams off the scrap heap literally the night before that monster game against Denver. He had another good game the next week but I needed some depth so i traded him for Fred Jackson and Alshon Jeffery. I'm hoping I sold high on him and it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

VoxPop

Who is worth more going forward at WR, Cowboys' Terrance Williams or Colts' Darrius Heyward-Bey?

I think DHB's performance was just a flash in the pan. He has been relatively useless this entire season but I guess with Reggie Wayne's injury he could be getting more targets depending on the coverage on TY.

Terrance on the other hand has shown spurts of great plays and consistency which will only get better since Miles Austin is heading back to the bench.

I picked up Terrance Williams off the scrap heap literally the night before that monster game against Denver. He had another good game the next week but I needed some depth so i traded him for Fred Jackson and Alshon Jeffery. I'm hoping I sold high on him and it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

Wow that's an awesome trade. Jeffrey has been looking fantastic and Fred Jackson is hilariously a top 10 RB in the league right now. Poor Spiller.

Vyer

Great trade for you.

Still kicking myself for not going with my gut and grabbing Jackson at the beginning of the year. I had a feeling things were going to go this way in Buffalo

I think going with Terrance is a bit counter-intuitive but there's really two sides to the argument: Either you think Newman has supplanted Austin for the rest of the season (plausible) or you think Irsay stands tough and doesn't trade for another reason (less plausible).

I feel like I would go for DHB as there are simply fewer mouths to feed offensively, but his history is so rocky it's not hard to imagine a deal for Gordon, Nicks, Blackmon, etc. TY Hilton owners have to be excited a bit though, will be interesting to see how that offence changes in the short term.

I disagree, he had the job for like one second in New Orleans, where power RBs go to their fantasy graves to die. He fits the Jets power running style, and as long as he's healthy he's the clear #1. Talk out of New York was that he always was going to reclaim his job w/ Powell playing on passing downs.

According to what? Last week? Better hope that sticks, because otherwise his record was 6GP / 30 carries / 114yds / 1 reception for -2yds. He's considered injury prone too.

I'm no fan of Powell this season but unless the Jets offence continues to improve I really think we will see another 20+ carry game from him and another disappearing act with Ivory.

Top Bottom