• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Jarnet87

Picking Todd Gurley at second overall is probably the worst pick I've ever made in a fantasy draft.

Interesting that you would go Gurley 2nd overall when it was pretty much a consensus that Brown, Julio Beckham were the top 3 players going into the draft. I guess the silver lining for Gurley owners in keeper or dynasty leagues is that it appears the Rams have just been a disaster and this isn't another Trent Richardson situation.

Well crap. I have him on my IR.

Drop Derick Henry, Rob Kelley, Steve Smith, or AP lol

Henry if you don't own Murray, or Emith if you have better WRs.

Henry if you don't own Murray, or Emith if you have better WRs.

Yup, I have D.Murray. For WRs, I have AB, OBJ, Edelman, and Adams.

I forgot add that I have Ware. I might just drop him. Not playing him this week and Denver next week so chances of playing him are very slim.

Guy I'm playing against in the semis is starting Peterson after he lost Gordon.

I'm cautiously optimistic he'll be a massive bust but it is still kind of scary too...

Jarnet87

Guy I'm playing against in the semis is starting Peterson after he lost Gordon.

I'm cautiously optimistic he'll be a massive bust but it is still kind of scary too...

Indy stink, they just let Lamar Miller torch them. If AP gets a full work load I expect pain for anyone playing against AP, and I am one of them. The talk is they are going to work him inslowly but didn't they say the same thing a few years back after a season long injury and week 1 he was the same old AP. the guy I am playing against has AP or Farrow in the flex so hopefully he will make the wrong choice.

UberTag

Tight match-up for me this week. Need some help.

M. Thomas @ ARI
or
Gabriel vs. SF
Did you miss my message about no Saints being startable the rest of the way? I believe you did.

You certainly don't start one against the Cardinals over Gabriel while Julio remains on the shelf.

Quick heads up for those of you looking ahead to next week.
The Giants defense has been the #2 fantasy defense over the past month and they play on Thursday night.
I just scooped 'em up in my cash league.

I second guessing and might go with Ware instead of Gore because it looks like it's snowing today in KC and meaning it may be rough to throw the ball

UberTag

Do I start Brandon Marshall?  Other options are Jeffrey, Boyd, Sanu, and Lee.
Given those choices, I would start Jeffery.
EDIT: Lee would have been my second choice given his consistent play of late, 6+ weekly targets and the nice matchup.

You picked the right horses to roll with, IMO. I would not have played Marshall tonight, either.
Robby Anderson is better and is riding my bench right now.

TylerD

Powell has almost hit his projection for the game in the first half in Yahoo. Glad he's on my bench! Better on my bench then in my opponents lineup though.

Howard and Hyde, please do work tomorrow!

NateDrake

Golden Tate vs Giants. Start him this week?

Edit: FFS everything that could go wrong this week in Fantasy playoffs is going wrong for my team. Up against the Dolphins D and they are destroying the Jets. Projected for 13 and are at 24 right now - with the lowest possible score being 20 if they give up another TD.

Powell has almost hit his projection for the game in the first half in Yahoo. Glad he's on my bench! Better on my bench then in my opponents lineup though.

When you start sweatin because you know your opponent has Powell but then check and see he's sitting on the bench

Wads

Banned

On my bench too. My opponent had forte too. Only silver lining as I started Rawls. :(

UberTag

Dolphins D on my bench, I started the Bills instead.
The Dolphins D were left unclaimed in my cash league. Ridiculous. I was initially running with the Bills D, swapped to the Ravens D and then scooped up the Giants D for next week.

My leaguemates are trotting out the Packers D (I can see it seeing how they're at home and had their best game of the season against the Bears - but Chicago has been uncharacteristically disciplined under Barkley and get Jeffery back this week), the Cowboys D (coming off their best game of the season but facing a surprisingly efficient Bucs team on Sunday night) and the Eagles D (on the road in Baltimore; the Eagles haven't been a good fantasy defense since the first half of the season).

I would have happily used the Fish tonight over any of those teams (Packers, Cowboys, Eagles).

Jarnet87

Do I bench Andy Luck for Jameis or just roll with the guy who got me there. the matchup isn't great and moncrief is out. I'm just concerned Jameis is going to have a stinker on prime time.

UberTag

Do I bench Andy Luck for Jameis or just roll with the guy who got me there. the matchup isn't great and moncrief is out. I'm just concerned Jameis is going to have a stinker on prime time.
The "stick with the guy who got you there" mentality screwed over countless Luck owners during Week 16 of 2014 in a much more favorable situation than the one Andy faces this week. The experts say to stick with Luck this week but you should make the call that you'll be most comfortable with. He'll be hitting the field today with a patchwork offensive line consisting almost entirely of rookies against one of the boldest pass rushes in the league that has held opposing QBs to 230 yards or less for 4 consecutive weeks.

As for Winston's track record in prime time, it's not terrible although he's only played three career prime time games. His numbers certainly didn't regress during them which is saying a lot seeing how two were Thursday night games. He threw 3 touchdown passes against the Falcons back in Week 9 in prime time... that wasn't a bad fantasy day by any stretch of the imagination. He's never had a stinker in prime time... his worst fantasy performance in a prime time game was the game he won against the Panthers in Week 5 on Monday Night Football. He's had great fantasy performances in the two games the Bucs lost and, chances are, they're going to lose to the top team in the NFC this week.

Luck might be fine against the Vikings but no QB has had a performance against them I'd be happy with since Week 3 aside from Kirk Cousins. Stafford did OK against them in his two matchups. Everyone else has been terrible. Although it's not like they've faced a murderer's row of quality QBs either.

I'd start Jameis over Andy personally

Uber.. advice.. should I start Cam this week over Flacco and should I start Alshon this week.. I could bench Gore and put Coleman in his slot and put Alshon in my Flex?

UberTag

Uber.. advice.. should I start Cam this week over Flacco and should I start Alshon this week.. I could bench Gore and put Coleman in his slot and put Alshon in my Flex?
You should definitely bench Gore for Coleman. Hell, I think Coleman should be ranked above Freeman on just about any week Julio isn't playing and Freeman's part of the elite 6 RB cluster this week (along with Johnson, Bell, McCoy, Elliott and Murray).

I can't really comment on Alshon as I'm not sure who you'd be starting him over given how you phrased that question... I do believe he'll be a solid start this week. The primary concern is the frigid temperatures in Chicago. I do expect them to lean heavily on Howard.

Cam's shoulder and the Monday night start make me super-nervous this week. He has a tendency to show up in high-profile prime time matchups but... I honestly wouldn't blame you for benching him given his performance the past two weeks while Flacco has been soaring. Go with your gut.

Jarnet87

I'd start Jameis over Andy personally

I never like Joe Flacco but Cam has been brutal. Statistically the Redskins allow a lot more points to opposing QBs. I think I would still role Cam if I am looking for the boom play but Flacco has been a hot pick this week by a lot of FF websites. Alshon has high upside but it's such a risk without seeing how how he and Barkley have played together.

I'm rolling with the dice with Jameis, now I'm wondering if I should pick up Kai Forbath over Vinatieri lol. He has been decent lately but if I'm not confident in the Colts maybe I should grab another kicker. Colts are 30th against kickers and Forbath has been good lately.

You should definitely bench Gore for Coleman. Hell, I think Coleman should be ranked above Freeman on just about any week Julio isn't playing and Freeman's part of the elite 6 RB cluster this week (along with Johnson, Bell, McCoy, Elliott and Murray).

I can't really comment on Alshon as I'm not sure who you'd be starting him over given how you phrased that question... I do believe he'll be a solid start this week.

Cam's shoulder and the Monday night start make me super-nervous this week. He has a tendency to show up in high-profile prime time matchups but... I honestly wouldn't blame you for benching him given his performance the past two weeks while Flacco has been soaring. Go with your gut.
Then Gore goes to the bench and Alshon in the Flex.. thank you Uber..

I don't really want to bench Gabriel and/or Hill since both are hot and with okay matchups respectively..

I got 20 minutes till work so I have to make a decision on Cam or Joe.

I never like Joe Flacco but Cam has been brutal. Statistically the Redskins allow a lot more points to opposing QBs. I think I would still role Cam if I am looking for the boom play but Flacco has been a hot pick this week by a lot of FF websites. Alshon has high upside but it's such a risk without seeing how how he and Barkley have played together.

I'm rolling with the dice with Jameis, now I'm wondering if I should pick up Kai Forbath over Vinatieri lol. He has been decent lately but if I'm not confident in the Colts maybe I should grab another kicker. Colts are 30th against kickers and Forbath has been good lately.
The Tampa D has been solid and healthy.. Dak is going to sell out that Dallas D like last week and Jameis will be solid I believe as the Bucs pull the upset and beat the Cowboys..

I think the Colts will run the ball more with Rhodes on Hilton and Moncrief out .. so that's also not a bad idea.

ccbfan

Marriota or t Taylor for qb?
Ertz or walker for te?

Really having a though time deciding.

Mariota is the better qb but Taylor is playing Cleveland while mariota is playing kc.

Walker is the better te he's also playing kc whose not allowed a lot of te point. Ertz on the other hand have been on a tear with philly.

Marriota or t Taylor for qb?
Ertz or walker for te?

Really having a though time deciding.

Mariota is the better qb but Taylor is playing Cleveland while mariota is playing kc.

Walker is the better te he's also playing kc whose not allowed a lot of te point. Ertz on the other hand have been on a tear with philly.
Taylor easy... it's the Browns.. he'll get his points..

I think I would start Walker over Ertz.. since Baltimore is a tougher matchup and the Ravens play hard against TEs as well.

Jarnet87

Would you play Tyrrell Williams over Tyreek Hill?

Hasn't Inman been the better receiver over the last few games? Williams if you want the more consistent player, Hill if you want the big home run.

Someone grabbed Forbath like 30 minutes ago, guess I am sticking with the reliable old Vintatieri. Frank will get him there, and Adam going to bang em in.

D23

Tyrod vs Cleveland
Or
Flacco vs eagles?

Leaning towards flacco since he's been on a hot streak but the winds worries me.

UberTag

Taylor Gabriel vs SF

or

Jamison Crowder vs CAR?
I would lean slightly towards Gabriel if only because the Redskins have more mouths to feed - i.e. DJax, Garcon, Reed is actually playing this week, Davis, Kelley, etc.
Whereas Julio remains on the shelf for the Falcons. They get Sanu back but lack weapons elsewhere outside of their RBs.

t-ramp

Benched Cooks and Tate in favor of Tyreek Hill and Inman this week, not that I have any real chance of losing.

Hill already paid off. Wow.

I would lean slightly towards Gabriel if only because the Redskins have more mouths to feed - i.e. DJax, Garcon, Reed is actually playing this week, Davis, Kelley, etc.
Whereas Julio remains on the shelf for the Falcons. They get Sanu back but lack weapons elsewhere outside of their RBs.

Makes sense. Was leaning Gabriel anyways. Thanks. :)

UberTag

Benched Cooks and Tate in favor of Tyreek Hill and Inman this week, not that I have any real chance of losing.

Hill already paid off. Wow.
Hill has been impossible to bench since his mid-season breakout, IMO.
Unless you have all three of Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and Mike Evans, he should be in your lineup every week.

Top Bottom