• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I usually just declare interest, submit a low and sure to be rejected bid, and then wait for the player to request a transfer.

I just keep spamming to the press that I'm interested or they're a top target

I sometimes do it to rival team's players just before I play them to unsettle them

User: His Majesty
League: Premier League

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal
---
5. Liverpool
6. Man Utd
7. West Ham
---
18. Crystal Palace
19. Stoke City
20. Burnley

If Spurs can get 2nd then Liverpool should be dreaming of such heights as well.

Spurs squad is legit amazing and really well balanced. The only thing they need to sort is mistakes when playing at the back. They could do with some depth as well but looking at the signing Potch made last summer that doesn't seem to be his strong point and works much better at moulding youth.

Syder

User: His Majesty

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal
---
5. Liverpool
6. Man Utd
7. West Ham
giphy.gif

Can't see Liverpool making top 4 in all honesty. With the added Champions League fixtures they'll be dead on their feet by the end of December if they play with as much tempo as they did last season.

Lashley

Can't see Liverpool making top 4 in all honesty. With the added Champions League fixtures they'll be dead on their feet by the end of December if they play with as much tempo as they did last season.

Same. Top 7 at best. Mate won't hear it, thinks they'll be amazing in the Champions League too, lol.

Lashley

Fuck me. <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:58.333333333333336% 66.66666666666667%;background-size:4900%" data-codepoints="1f926"></span></span>

Time for a panic buy.

Ross Barkley is available

Zasa

Those draws are such bullshit. Shame we won't get to see two of Hoffenheim, Nice, Pool or Napoli.

Napoli & Sarri continue to get bad luck in the CL

TimmmV

Trust me, every toon fan is worried about this. It's very likely to happen too. Ashley is a horrible man to work for.

Not gonna lie, when Rafa first went to Newcastle I did think "that'll end well". I do love Rafa, but he can't seem to help himself playing politics with the board at clubs he works for - and even if he's right (and has fan support), that rarely ends well for the manager

Hopefully manage to get a season out of him at least though. If so he will keep you up.

Adam Lallana will miss the first four months of the season through injury..

UGH. fucks sake.

I was going to say, 4th is the absolute highest I can see Liverpool reaching this year. The squad is slightly deeper, but it would just take a couple injuries to make things much harder.

Lallana.

Lashley

Inter have offered Dortmund a €2 million loan with €10m option to buy (# of appearances takes a role) for Emre Mor

Would be a steal if true

DBT85

Adam Lallana will miss the first four months of the season through injury..

I can't.
Yep, said the same at the end of the season. Kloppo needs to just not try in the cl and they have half a shot at the league be he'll try.

I think Chelsea are going to have a shaky start with Hazard and Bakayoko out, plus I wouldn't be surprised if it takes Morata some time to acclimate to the PL. I don't see us winning the league again but I'm always pessimistic about my own teams.

Cairnsay

Banned
User: Cairnsay

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
---
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Arsenal
---
18. Huddersfield
19. Swansea
20. Brighton

they did well on my last football manager save gotta give them some credit

I think Chelsea are going to have a shaky start with Hazard and Bakayoko out, plus I wouldn't be surprised if it takes Morata some time to acclimate to the PL. I don't see us winning the league again but I'm always pessimistic about my own teams.

An early defeat against Arsenal to wake everyone up would be nice.

Lallana injury blessing in disguise to be honest. Might force Klopp's hand in the transfer market and also don't have to worry about Lallana muddying up the first XI.

Hurts bench though if no buy. So not good in that regard.

TeddyBoy

I know you guys like to talk shit about Liverpool and downplay us, but last season outside of January and February (when we had relegation form), we had title winning form.

I mean, this season will be hard no doubt, but predicting Liverpool finishing seventh seems more than a little harsh.

T-Rex.

Banned
You know I was thinking about putting us 1st. But I know that'd attract some attention so I didn't!

I'm feeling quite optimistic about this season. Might be foolish, we'll see!
I think with the right signings (CM and CB) we can challenge for the title, but it doesn't look like we'll be spending much of that hundred million billion budget of ours so who knows at this point.. Luckily we've still got time to sort it out, but I don't really have much faith in the club to do so.

Labadal

Lallana injury was really bad for us. Might be good for Grujic, though. We'll end up buying some C-tier player. No disrespect to C-tier players around the world.

I think with the right signings (CM and CB) we can challenge for the title, but it doesn't look like we'll be spending much of that hundred million billion budget of ours so who knows at this point.. Luckily we've still got time to sort it out, but I don't really have much faith in the club to do so.

Dom King said we were looking at other CMs after the Keita interest ended. So guess we'll see who that is, the club has been very quiet after the VVD debacle. And yeah VVD, its him or no CB it seems like... which is so stupid.

CrayToes

Think both have looked very good during pre-season. Continuing where they left off during 16/17.

Agreed. Adam is without a doubt above them in the pecking order though so it's a shame to have to settle for 2nd best before the season even starts. And I don't buy in to all that panic buy bullshit.

Top Bottom