• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT2| Would you like to leave a tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the thing is once you are done with that part you are done period. It's only the first stretch that takes a bit of time

The closest I have gotten is "it cant get better" or "fantastic" in one stat in Black and White.
I just hope I am getting close with these friend safari rounds. Does it make a difference if your friends are online or not?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
storafötter;87058417 said:
The closest I have gotten is "it cant get better" or "fantastic" in one stat in Black and White.
I just hope I am getting close with these friend safari rounds. Does it make a difference if your friends are online or not?

I think what matters the most is if they beat the elite 4 yet or not.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
If I used Mega Banette, I'd probably always have Destiny Bond as one of the moves. Prankster Destiny Bond is just too awesome not to use. Could definitely save your ass at some point.

:O

I didn't think of that. Definitely going to give it a try.

Edit: Aww I've got to breed it on him. I'll have to try it later.

Korosenai

Still on that Froakie grind. Just got these two Froakie's:

female - hp, sp atk, sp def, spd
male - hp, atk, sp atk, sp def, spd

If only one of them had 31 def.... i'm so close.

Shoyz

Can someone clarify for me? Do I need to worry about potential? Or just which IVs are maxed.

Potential just tells you how high the sum is, so outstanding is what you want to aim for if you want high/perfects. Or you can go for just the max stats you need and ignore it.

DeVeAn

Potential just tells you how high the sum is, so outstanding is what you want to aim for if you want high/perfects. Or you can go for just the max stats you need and ignore it.

Ah ok, so if I want perfects then the potential does matter. If thats the case back to catching more Ditto.

J. Bravo

Question about this... Say I want to ev train a Pokemon but it's just a level 1. Can I use a level 60+ Pokemon in the first party slot, turn on exp share, use that Pokemon to beat the horde, and then have the level 1 pokemon gain the ev's?

Yeah I think so. Make sure you have the lvl 1 pokemon holding the power item though.

Korosenai

Males can only pass it with Ditto I thought.

I've only ever bred a hidden ability male with a ditto so you're probably right. I'm not quite sure how it works yet.

Yeah I think so. Make sure you have the lvl 1 pokemon holding the power item though.

Awesome. I'd rather ev train using horde and finish in around 20 minutes than around an hour with super training so this is great news.

Using the horde method will level my Pokemon up though, while Super Training will keep it level 1.... Will leveling up a Pokemon while ev training it mess up its stats in anyway, or should it turn out the same?

J. Bravo

I've only ever bred a hidden ability male with a ditto so you're probably right. I'm not quite sure how it works yet.

Awesome. I'd rather ev train using horde and finish in around 20 minutes than around an hour with super training so this is great news.

Using the horde method will level my Pokemon up though, while Super Training will keep it level 1.... Will leveling up a Pokemon while ev training it mess up its stats in anyway, or should it turn out the same?

Nah it's stats will be the same, you can even EV train when they are lvl 100 and still get the boost in stats.

Female
Modest Nature
Can't tell you the exact IV because I fucked up EV training a bit (need dat reset bag), but according to the judge:

Above Average potential
Highest EV in Attack :/

It's ok though, I don't play competitive anyways and EV training is enough to keep up in Post-Game and in random online battles :D

Oh, it's a shame you don't have the X megastone, the Y megastone focuses on SpAt. Also, a trick to get bags: wait for them to go to sleep, wake them up and click the punching bag like crazy. You'll get one eventually within 5-20 minutes.

I wonder how shiny CharX looks?

Kyuur

My honedges just don't want to excel in defense. Have two now with HP, Atk, Satk and Sdef max IVs. :/ I'm thinking I will just settle. Is it a good idea to carry a special move on a physical attacker in case of Intimidate, physical walls etc? Aegislash base Satk is pretty good.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Got a shiny Clauncher now. Modest nature and perfect Sp.Atk IVs.

Anyone who wants to add me on friend safari, feel free. I have rock type. Pupitar and Nosepass. I don't know my third yet but I have beaten the elite 4. 1607 2656 3264. PM me if you add me.

Dereck

prepare for
568.png

make it
680.png
reference.gif

Gigarator

The GTS is not working for me at all right now, anybody else getting an error when they try to trade? I've tried 7-8 different people who have female charmanders up on the GTS and all of them have errored out forcing me to restart the game.

It's getting mildly annoying!

KHlover

Banned
Oh, it's a shame you don't have the X megastone, the Y megastone focuses on SpAt. Also, a trick to get bags: wait for them to go to sleep, wake them up and click the punching bag like crazy. You'll get one eventually within 5-20 minutes.

I wonder how shiny CharX looks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzTLRArPTYg

Honestly not a fan of its blue-ish skin tone.
Imo Shiny Mega Charizard Y=Mega Charizard X > Mega Charizard Y > Shiny Mega Charizard X

Ultimadrago

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

If I told you how many eggs this took, I would have to kill your favorite Pokemon.
Also, I'm never deliberately doing Masuda for another Shiny again.

Man, I feel great right now.

Kangi

The GTS is not working for me at all right now, anybody else getting an error when they try to trade? I've tried 7-8 different people who have female charmanders up on the GTS and all of them have errored out forcing me to restart the game.

It's getting mildly annoying!

It always happens to me if I try to trade after I filter for region/"Pokemon you have".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom