• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

That feeling when you have 80 points going into the 2nd round of games, with Vincent Jackson, Ray Rice, Josh Gordon, Steven Hauschka, and the Pats D remaining, only to lose because the other team has Amendola and Gronkowski, outscoring your five players by 30 points.

Me and my opponent are neck and neck and I still have my QB (Rodgers) and two skill players left (Hilton and Alshon Jeffrey) while he only has Martelus Bennet going for the Bears tomorrow. Feeling confident.

WedgeX

Banned
Started the week off feeling doomed, since I've got Megatron and Cruz on their byes.

Then along come TY Hilton, A.Johnson, Luck, Ridley, and KC's defense. Feeling nice.

My dumbass sat Stacey and started Ryan Matthews instead. I picked up the Titans D and did not want to have one of my players play against my D. Just dumb on my part. That being said, Jason Campbell did work as did Hilton and Peterson. Won one of my games and am going into tomorrow up by 27 with Bennett but my opponent has Forte and Marshall. Should be interesting.

I had issues with my Flex this week (Bye for Shorts III) so I looked to either get Marlon Brown, Nate Washington, Aaron Dobson, or Rod Streater off the FA list. I was projected to lose by 30+ points, so I needed a guy who was the surest thing to get me maybe 50-60 yards and a TD. Here's how each fared in Week 9:

Marlon Brown - 54 yds, 2 TDs, a 2PT - 19.4 points
Aaron Dobson - 130 yds, 2 TDs - 25 points
Rod Streater - 98 yds - 9.8 points

I went with Nate Washington. Had a 95-game streak of getting a reception, favorite target of Jake Locker. His day?

ZERO points.

ZERO...

NONE

And a game were I was "projected" to lose by 35 points I may lose by 2-3 points because I picked a guy in a good matchup who happened to do nothing.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Over+9000+_8e246490f5c3997de2b5a7cf51cfa2dc.png

-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

gutshot

LOL @ Frankman. That's fantasy football for you. It isn't fair sometimes.

In my matchup this week, trying not to lose to the last place team in my league. I was hit hard with byes as V. Cruz, D. Thomas and V. Davis are all off. I have a 2 point lead right now with Eddie Lacy still to go while he has Brandon Marshall. Hoping I can hang on for the win!

Pro

I went with Nate Washington. Had a 95-game streak of getting a reception, favorite target of Jake Locker. His day?

I had Nate as well. He along with every receiver I've had for weeks now sucks complete asshole. Colston, Nate, Jennings, Tate, injury laden James Jones, I've got nothing at WR and it's killing me. Which leads me to a proposed trade I have. Standard league. No PPR.

Current WRs are Marques Colston, Nate Washington, Greg Jennings, Golden Tate, James Jones, and Kenny Stills.

Trade: Jimmy Graham for Danny Amendola, Eric Decker, and Heath Miller.

Look I don't want to give up the greatest fantasy TE ever, but I'm dying at WR. I know Graham typically makes up for two other players himself, but if I can get some better overall team production it would be worth the trade. Or are there other WR prospects I might pick up from the wire that would work better while keeping Graham?

I had Nate as well. He along with every receiver I've had for weeks now sucks complete asshole. Colston, Nate, Jennings, Tate, injury laden James Jones, I've got nothing at WR and it's killing me. Which leads me to a proposed trade I have. Standard league. No PPR.

Current WRs are Marques Colston, Nate Washington, Greg Jennings, Golden Tate, James Jones, and Kenny Stills.

Trade: Jimmy Graham for Danny Amendola, Eric Decker, and Heath Miller.

Look I don't want to give up the greatest fantasy TE ever, but I'm dying at WR. I know Graham typically makes up for two other players himself, but if I can get some better overall team production it would be worth the trade. Or are there other WR prospects I might pick up from the wire that would work better while keeping Graham?
The problem is you need a legit WR1 if you're giving up Graham. Amendola isn't even #1 on his team (Gronk, DOB SON RISING) plus his injury issues are worrisome.

Put it this way: I tried to get Calvin Johnson from a WR/RB starved team and offered Cecil Shorts III/Chris Johnson/Charles Clay, and he turned it down. You make him give you a stud somewhere in that deal. Now if you believe that Decker can be that WR1, ok. But I'm not a fan of Amendola. What is the league size?

EDIT: BTW Jones is active.

The two best teams in my league are owned by the guys that weren't even there on draft night. We drafted their teams for them by committee. I won't play next year if the full league is not there to draft. And of course they're gloating even though they didn't have a single hand in drafting either of their teams.

The two best teams in my league are owned by the guys that weren't even there on draft night. We drafted their teams for them by committee. I won't play next year if the full league is not there to draft. And of course they're gloating even though they didn't have a single hand in drafting either of their teams.
I'm doing a league next year. Look for it!

Aaron Rodgers exited Monday night's Week 9 game against the Bears with a left shoulder injury following the opening drive and is done for the night.

Rodgers was driven into the turf by DE Shea McClellin on a third-down sack near the ten-yard line. His non-throwing shoulder took the brunt of the blow. Rodgers was in obvious pain and immediately headed to the locker room after talking with trainers on the sideline. Seneca Wallace entered for the second possession and will handle duties for the rest of the game. Rodgers completed 1-of-2 passes for 27 yards before leaving and will undergo further testing. The Packers take on the Eagles in six days. Rodgers' status for Week 10 is up in the air.
Possible collarbone fracture...

My miraculous league comeback from worst to playoffs takes a hit with Aaron going out. I should still win the week easily (i have Alshon Jeffery, he has Bennet, and I'm up by like 40) though. I scrambled right now to see what QBs are available, as my back up was Carson Palmer, and discovered that Eli Manning was available so I put in a claim on him. Giants play the Raiders this week too lol.

Quick advice question: I just got a trade offer of Marvin Jones and Julius Thomas for Stephan Ridley. Thomas would be a HUGE upgrade for me at TE. I had Rudolph who is out wit a broken foot and Eifert who has been up and down. Jones would basically be a throw in as i'm fairly happy with my receivers, but the rest of my RBs are Chris Johnson, Andre Ellington and DeAngelo Williams. Ridley has been good the last two weeks but I'm wondering if he can keep up his production with Bolden getting more and more carries and Vereen coming back.

Quick advice question: I just got a trade offer of Marvin Jones and Julius Thomas for Stephan Ridley. Thomas would be a HUGE upgrade for me at TE. I had Rudolph who is out wit a broken foot and Eifert who has been up and down. Jones would basically be a throw in as i'm fairly happy with my receivers, but the rest of my RBs are Chris Johnson, Andre Ellington and DeAngelo Williams. Ridley has been good the last two weeks but I'm wondering if he can keep up his production with Bolden getting more and more carries and Vereen coming back.
You could possibly grab Ivory off waivers also. I'd make the deal and then you could trade/drop Eifert and DWill.

well, Lacy's 56-yarder and then 1-yard TD run did me in. Actually Nate Washington getting me 0 did me in, but who's complaining?

tumblr_mkp9h9cxlI1sn03wno1_400.gif

I think I'll go to the room and slam my head against the wall a few times.

UberTag

well, Lacy's 56-yarder and then 1-yard TD run did me in. Actually Nate Washington getting me 0 did me in, but who's complaining?

I think I'll go to the room and slam my head against the wall a few times.
Well, there's always next week.
Biggest shock for me tonight is that you dumped Eli NOW when he's got a matchup next week against a team that just coughed up 7 passing touchdowns to Nick Foles.
Does not compute.

UberTag

Just picked up manningham. You guys think he'll be pretty good for the stretch run?
He's a dart. Nothing more than that.
It's hard to get too excited about an inconsistent sub-par passing game on a run-first team that's won half of their games this year ugly.
He'll have one or two great games while sitting on your bench is what will likely happen.

Pro

The problem is you need a legit WR1 if you're giving up Graham. Amendola isn't even #1 on his team (Gronk, DOB SON RISING) plus his injury issues are worrisome.

Put it this way: I tried to get Calvin Johnson from a WR/RB starved team and offered Cecil Shorts III/Chris Johnson/Charles Clay, and he turned it down. You make him give you a stud somewhere in that deal. Now if you believe that Decker can be that WR1, ok. But I'm not a fan of Amendola. What is the league size?

EDIT: BTW Jones is active.

League size is 10. And now how productive will Jones be with Aaron out? Ugh. Going for Graham earlier in the draft left me with Colston as my 1 and look how that turned out smh. Understand the Amendola risks, but if he is healthy, which he presumably is now, he is number 1 WR on that team with Gronk being the TE. The guy has Dez Bryant but I don't see him giving Dez up otherwise he'll be in the same situation I am now. I could look elsewhere, but the other league members don't seem to have a better 1-2 WR combination. Need to be able to do 3 way trades. Either way, the trade needs to be tabled for this week since Amendola is on BYE coming up and I will be playing the very guy the proposed trade is with.

Petrie

Banned
Quick one: rest of season, .5PPR TY Hilton or Larry Fitz.

Have a trade that this rides on. I'm the current Fitz owner.

UberTag

Quick one: rest of season, .5PPR TY Hilton or Larry Fitz.

Have a trade that this rides on. I'm the current Fitz owner.
Both of their fantasy playoff schedules are shit but given the shift in team dynamics I would take Hilton right now.

Better QB.
Hilton does more after he catches the ball than Fitzgerald does (more yards/catch).
Hilton dominated targets last night and that doesn't figure to change with Wayne now done for the year.
Fitzgerald has been lost in the shuffle in Arizona some weeks. I doubt you'll see that from Hilton.
Plus, the Cards appear content to let Ellington get more work whereas the Colts are still stubbornly ignoring Donald Brown and letting Trent Truck pull off his best Rashard Mendenhall impression.

Petrie

Banned
Both of their fantasy playoff schedules are shit but given the shift in team dynamics I would take Hilton right now.

Better QB.
Hilton does more after he catches the ball than Fitzgerald does (more yards/catch).
Hilton dominated targets last night and that doesn't figure to change with Wayne now done for the year.
Fitzgerald has been lost in the shuffle in Arizona some weeks. I doubt you'll see that from Hilton.
Plus, the Cards appear content to let Ellington get more work whereas the Colts are still stubbornly ignoring Donald Brown and letting Trent Truck pull off his best Rashard Mendenhall impression.

Well I have a trade offer where I give up Fitz, SJax and Streater and get Vereen, Hilton, and Bell. She can't wait on Vereen as she's in must-win territory. I think the trade improves my team overall.

Thanks!

UberTag

Well I have a trade offer where I give up Fitz, SJax and Streater and get Vereen, Hilton, and Bell. She can't wait on Vereen as she's in must-win territory. I think the trade improves my team overall.

Thanks!
My bet is that she'll be waiting longer on SJax for meaningful productivity than she would have on Vereen.

In a 1PPR keeper, trying to deal Ray Rice. I have Le'Veon Bell, Fred Jackson, Zac Stacy, and Shonn Greene as well. I need WR help; I have Josh Gordon (bye), Terrance Williams, Eddie Royal, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Mike Brown.

I've been offered Larry Fitzgerald, but I hate Fitzgerald's QB situation in Arizona, which leads to his inconsistency. Should I trade Rice and Greene for Larry Fitzgerald and Kenny Stills?

wavering on my flex spot for this week. I have DeAngelo Williams, but dude gets zero chances at TDs, and is going up against the Niners D. Other two candidates are Cecil Shorts III and Lance Moore. Shorts seems like the obvious choice, but Moore is going up against that awful Dallas secondary...I also have Marvin Jones who I just got in a trade this week so I'm not sure what he can give me.

wavering on my flex spot for this week. I have DeAngelo Williams, but dude gets zero chances at TDs, and is going up against the Niners D. Other two candidates are Cecil Shorts III and Lance Moore. Shorts seems like the obvious choice, but Moore is going up against that awful Dallas secondary...I also have Marvin Jones who I just got in a trade this week so I'm not sure what he can give me.
Shorts III is the #1 now and facing Tennessee, but the garbage-time potential is gold. Only consider Moore if Colston is out again. If you have Dalton, Jones might be a decent play.

CrankyJay

Banned
Welp, my trade deadline is today so I made one last trade of Ray Rice/Eli Manning for Marshawn Lynch.

This is my final roster in a very deep 16 team keeper league...I'm pretty impressed with my line up given the amount of teams and how many injuries there are this year.

wW0HMcm.png

Miguel

I'm thinking of dealing Matt Ryan (useless to me at this point) and others for Aaron Rodgers.

Yeah, he's out 4-6 weeks, and have a pretty decent inside track at the playoffs. Once I'm in there, I'm hoping it's 4 weeks and I get him for the full playoff run (week 14-16) or at the very least the Semi and Finals.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden (blegch) and either DeAndre Hopkins or Torrey Smith
for
Aaron Rodgers and Brandon Marshall

Essentially I'm trading either DeAndre Hopkins (on my bench usually) or Torrey Smith (FlacLOL) for Marshall, with the hope that Rodgers comes back before week 17.

Risky, but I don't honestly think I'm giving up anything I was actually going to use.

Also, the guy has to go for it, but considering he has nothing at QB and the QB pool has slim pickins... I can see him jumping on it quickly and taking the available QB.

My team ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- His team
KUoQ096.png
u4xQS8Q.png

I'm thinking of dealing Matt Ryan (useless to me at this point) and others for Aaron Rodgers.

Yeah, he's out 4-6 weeks, and have a pretty decent inside track at the playoffs. Once I'm in there, I'm hoping it's 4 weeks and I get him for the full playoff run (week 14-16) or at the very least the Semi and Finals.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden (blegch) and either DeAndre Hopkins or Torrey Smith
for
Aaron Rodgers and Brandon Marshall

Essentially I'm trading either DeAndre Hopkins (on my bench usually) or Torrey Smith (FlacLOL) for Marshall, with the hope that Rodgers comes back before week 17.

Risky, but I don't honestly think I'm giving up anything I was actually going to use.

Also, the guy has to go for it, but considering he has nothing at QB and the QB pool has slim pickins... I can see him jumping on it quickly and taking the available QB.

There'd have to be REALLY awful choices on the wire for him to consider that. Falcons are a train wreck and he gets trash for a solid WR1. Well, Torrey isn't trash but he's sure as hell not a WR1. If you can get away with that steal it's a no brainer as far as you are concerned.

Out of the three which two should I start?

Welker
Douglas
K Allen

E: in another league
Jacoby Jones
Douglas
K Allen
Note: this league kick off/punt return yrds count for individual stats

Miguel

Welker
Douglas
K Allen

Jacoby Jones
Douglas
K Allen

Welker is on Peyton's fantasy team. (I assume)
Allen has been pretty great the past few weeks... leave Douglas out of your decision.

Same rules apply for the 2nd, except steer clear of Jacoby. KAllen would be my choice.

Would you trade Graham for Reggie Bush?

I'm the Graham owner but have Julius Thomas as well and my RBs are Ryan Matthews, Steven Jackson, and Shane Vereen who I picked up but is currently on IR.

Since I'm so week at RB, I think I could be getting more points a week there and won't be losing too many at TE with Thomas being great this year.

EDIT: I forgot that I also have Pierre Thomas because it's a PPR league, but who knows if Sproles will be out a while or not. He was just a temporary pickup because of bye weeks for my other RBs.

Welker
Douglas
K Allen

Jacoby Jones
Douglas
K Allen
I agree with Miguel, use Welker and Allen for the first league and Allen for the second league.
Would you trade Graham for Reggie Bush?

I'm the Graham owner but have Julius Thomas as well and my RBs are Ryan Matthews, Steven Jackson, and Shane Vereen who I picked up but is currently on IR.

Since I'm so week at RB, I think I could be getting more points a week there and won't be losing too many at TE with Thomas being great this year.

EDIT: I forgot that I also have Pierre Thomas because it's a PPR league, but who knows if Sproles will be out a while or not. He was just a temporary pickup because of bye weeks for my other RBs.

You should see if you can get another useful player thrown in with Bush as Graham has higher value than a straight up for Bush regardless of your situation (having Julius and being weak at RB). Does he have another player that would help you but isn't top tier?

Thx for the responses. The second part of my post it also involves chosing two of the three players mentioned. Jacoby has been avg at least 10 pts based on his returns..

But again thx for the response

Mike James, RB (MIA)
Jordan Reed, TE (@ MIN)
Antonio Gates, TE (Den)

I need to start 2 for the TE and FLEX position. Who should I start? All three are against bottom of the barrel defenses...

Top Bottom