• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

Jirotrom

WHOAguitarninja said:
Perhaps your button pressing technique is different than mine =P.

It's there for me...it's subtle but I can definitely tell, and it obviously doesn't happen at every single button press.

We're really missing the point I'm making here...which is that, for me, pushing buttons quickly on the 360 controller is just not as comfortable as it is on the PS3 controller. Enough so that if I had the choice I would get the PS3 version. If I don't have PS3 when the game comes out though, it won't dissuade me from getting the 360 version. That's really all I'm trying to say.
Part of it has to do with me not using my right thumb for action/fighting games, but the reason I sat so long trying it out was because I figure it best to test it with my thumb, and while there is a slight difference as in the buttons are round on the 360 controller instead of flat faced like the ps2 controller, I don't feel its negligible enough to change gameplay for me.

tanod said:
The game accomplishes all of this by using a 2 GB swap file and no permanent install on the hard drive.
Fixored.

Fun fact. If you run Uncharted in a PS3 devkit, you can learn all sorts of fascinating stuff about the game.

Oh, and PS3 because of the controller & ability to play at work. Although I may rent the 360 version for the achievements.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dark FaZe said:
:D Oh come on man. The energy it takes to push the 360 buttons is negligible compared to what it takes to push the Ps3 buttons.
What's next? Weighing the game boxes to see which one takes the least amount of effort to bring home?

8axslza.jpg

neorej

ERMYGERD!
SapientWolf said:
What's next? Weighing the game boxes to see which one takes the least amount of effort to bring home?
don't give em ideas. seriously. i mean. dude. this IS NeoGAF. they'll whoop out statistics left and right, even calculate the windfactor n shit.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
neorej said:
don't give em ideas. seriously. i mean. dude. this IS NeoGAF. they'll whoop out statistics left and right, even calculate the windfactor n shit.
This thread is like going underwear shopping for Gloria. A waste of time.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Speevy said:
I'll get the PS3 version because the Dante in the Xbox 360 version clearly doesn't want to be there.

You are right, didn't notice it before.

DeadGzuz said:
I'd get the PS3 version if I got it at all. Here is my list of reasons:

1. Button mashing is hard on the 360 controller, the buttons are too three dimensional and the bumpers are awkward.

2. I'm tired of the Xbots and their software sales crap, the more competition MS has the better for all consumers.

3. I like the Blu-ray cases better, they look slick.

Both version look identical so I'm sure everyone will be happy.. or they will bicker about minuscule differences.

I agree to all except number 2. No one never bothers me in what games I want to buy. I do agree the PS3 boxes are soo much better imho.

Another reason for me is that I can play DMC1 and 3 if i wanted to without changing systems.

Mamesj

Banned
SapientWolf said:
This thread is like going underwear shopping for Gloria. A waste of time.

Exactly.

we all know the PC version, being the lead sku by default, will look and run the best

*awaits serious business*

traveler

Not Wario
Mamesj said:
Exactly.

we all know the PC version, being the lead sku by default, will look and run the best

Is there any way to use a PS2/PS3 controller on a PC like the 360 pad? I'd seriously consider the PC version if such was the case.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
traveler said:
Is there any way to use a PS2/PS3 controller on a PC like the 360 pad? I'd seriously consider the PC version if such was the case.
The $10 PS2->USB converters they sell at Radio Shack work perfectly.

Mamesj

Banned
traveler said:

get the pelican PS2 > PS3 converter for about $12. works great on PCs. done.

I know pelican isn't traditionally reliable, but this one was made with fighting games in mind (no lag!)

traveler

Not Wario
SapientWolf said:
The $10 PS2->USB converters they sell at Radio Shack work perfectly.

Excellent. Wait, is there even a DMC4 PC version announced?

Edit: NVM. Just checked. PC version it is. :lol

LowParry

I'll wait for the demos to pass judgement of any kind of comparisons. I'm leaning more to the PS3 version so far. Not just because of the no load times (although that is a good bonus) but just the way the game is played. From DMC to DMC3. Been using a PS controller the whole time. Would feel kinda awkward on a 360 controller but there's always time to adapt. We are human after all. And I plan on importing a DS3 some time in Jan. :D

Jenga

Banned
Mamesj said:
Screw you guys, I'm going home.

to play the PC version.

With a PS2 controller.

and enhanced settings through my graphics card. *runs*
this man has the right idea

traveler said:

you have to download a driver to get the ps3 controller to work on PC.

traveler

Not Wario
Would I really need a PS3 controller or would a PS2 one work fine? Also, aren't Capcom kinda bad about optimizing performance for PC? What kind of system would it take to emulate the performance of the next-gen systems?

Jenga

Banned
traveler said:
Would I really need a PS3 controller or would a PS2 one work fine? Also, aren't Capcom kinda bad about optimizing performance for PC? What kind of system would it take to emulate the performance of the next-gen systems?
The PC was apparently the lead platform for DMC4. So no worries about performance problems I would think

Post your computer specs?

traveler

Not Wario
Jenga said:
The PC was apparently the lead platform for DMC4. So no worries about performance problems I would think

Post your computer specs?

My computer atm is quite craptacular. The new laptop I'm going to be purchasing will be around this level, though:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7700 / 4MB L2 Cache, 2.40GHz, 800MHz FSB
Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTX Graphics with 512MB DDR3 Video Memory
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 X 2048MB

Still debating whether to "upgrade" to Vista or stick with XP.

Jenga

Banned
traveler said:
I honestly have no idea how good those laptop specs are compared to their desktop cousins.

Also, I wonder if they'll throw in some DX10 features like in Lost Planet.

Mamesj

Banned
DarkUSS said:
What PC was the lead platform for DMC4? What's wrong with japanese developers these days?

The engine Capcom uses for its next gen games builds the first 50% of the game on the PC, then that much is ported to the consoles, where the games are finished, if I understand the engine correctly.

traveler said:
Excellent. Wait, is there even a DMC4 PC version announced?

Edit: NVM. Just checked. PC version it is. :lol

not meaning to one up the guy who recommended it, but don't get a radioshack converter. spend the extra $2 the pelican converter. everyone who has one loves it, and the radioshack ones are hit or miss.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Jirotrom said:
there is no joke here...
only Truth:lol
I would say that is fairly accurate representation of in general...all these types of topics. People are literially just looking for faults.:lol

Mamesj said:
Exactly.

True, but also it's £15 to £20 quid cheaper on the PC. So that'll be my buy then.

traveler said:

PS2 controller would actually be a bit better because of R2/L2, but PS3 controller is easier to get it on your PC.

Mamesj

Banned
Feral Youth said:
True, but also it's £15 to £20 quid cheaper on the PC. So that'll be my buy then.

good point. $39.99 in the U.S. as well.

i like where this thread is going now. :lol

Jenga

Banned
Y'know, it'd be interesting how well the PC development thing goes. If Capcom sticks with it, we'll definitely get some higher-quality ports that come at release right along with the console versions. Who knows, if successful enough, other devs might copy this. OMG PC REVIVAL

Mamesj

Banned
Jenga said:
Y'know, it'd be interesting how well the PC development thing goes. If Capcom sticks with it, we'll definitely get some higher-quality ports that come at release right along with the console versions. Who knows, if successful enough, other devs might copy this. OMG PC REVIVAL

I guess the first real test was lost planet. From the few hours I've put into the PC version, it seems to work perfectly and look better. Maybe someone else can give some impressions on the full game though.

Dahbomb

CcrooK said:
....you did what!? :lol
I bought DMC3SE for my laptop a while back to see how it holds up with the console version. It's an abomination. You lock-on with the space bar button and the face buttons are arranged on the IJKL buttons. Performing combos were literally impossible. Plus the game was a mess technically, it used 2D sprites in places where the console versions used full 3D models. It also has frame rate drops and screen tearing galore.

Mamesj

Banned
Dahbomb said:
I bought DMC3SE for my laptop a while back to see how it holds up with the console version. It's an abomination. You lock-on with the space bar button and the face buttons are arranged on the IJKL buttons. Performing combos were literally impossible. Plus the game was a mess technically, it used 2D sprites in places where the console versions used full 3D models. It also has frame rate drops and screen tearing galore.

It is incredibly shitty.

wouldn't let me map movement to the left analog stick on my PS2 controller > couldn't figure out how to get it full screen > low resolution > ported by the janitors at Capcom inc. > garbage can.

DMC3, Onimusha 3, RE4-- they all had shitty ports.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Dahbomb said:

Screen tearing is your own damn fault if playing games on a PC.

Hey, Christian Svenson over at the Capcom USA forums clarified some things (capcom-unity.com)

1) The install time for the PS3 is exactly just shy of 21 minutes. And yes, there is a recap of the DMC games with cutscenes and text. So it's not just a review build thing.

2) THERE IS NO Xbox 360 HDD install, however -- the game does cache data. So the load times are (naturally) faster than without it.

If caching on the 360 is faster than a PS3 HDD install when it comes to loading, well...I don't know. But it's been confirmed that DMC4 does utilize the 360 HDD, it just doesn't do a full install but people have said that MS won't let devs do that regardless.

Also, there is some new footage that shows Nero's Devil Trigger in motion.

There seems to be 6 difficulty settings. Mission select is obviously back, and you're ranked on mission clear time, stylish rank, and orbs attained.

It seems they eliminated requirements on ranking dependent on items used or not.

PS: He also (once again) mentioned that this time around, DMC4 PC will be done by the same internal team doing the console versions. It will not be outsourced like DMC3, RE4, Onimusha were.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Dahbomb said:

There is a wonderful feature called V-Sync.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dot50Cal said:
There is a wonderful feature called V-Sync.
The DMC3 PC port had problems with the audio that caused an unstable framerate. The port was so sloppy that I'm not even convinced that the screen tearing was directly related to the framerate.

Most of the Capcom in house PC ports were rather decent, so I have higher hopes for DMC4.

RavenFox

Banned
So let me get this straight. 360's with or without HDD will have different load times? Also 21 minutes for PS3 install? WTF indeed.

FFChris

RavenFox said:
So let me get this straight. 360's with or without HDD will have different load times? Also 21 minutes for PS3 install? WTF indeed.

Yes, and yes. 21 minutes for no load times? I dunno, sounds pretty good really.

Top Bottom